Rules for the 1st Christmas Online Stratego Tournament.
1) This event will be open to all players, except members of the organisation (the Tourney Committee, T.C) and players as mentioned under 3). We will take the FIRST 10 ( 8+2 SUBSTITUTES) people that signed up. The Sign up page http://forum.strateg...t-sign-up-page/ will be unlocked by a member from the T.C. during THE WEEKEND of 21-22 DEC. without prior notice. So keep an eye on the forum and hurry up if you want to participate in this event.
2) Only one (1) account per household ISP may enter the tournament. If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and is caught, (s)he will be kicked out of the tournement and will be banned from future tournaments. There will also be an account reset of their highest ranked account.
3) People who have been found guilty of cheating on our site are not eligible to enter this event .
4) The winner of a tournament match must make a screenshot of the victoryscreen and post it in the forum in the results topic or send it in an E-mail to the Tournament Committee. Failure to do so, will nullify the match and the match will be declared a draw/tie, leading to an immediate 10 vs 10 game (see rule 8). No victory will be declared by judges until a legit and readable screen shot has been sent by the winner.
If you do not know how to make a screenshot and post it please visit this link: http://forum.strateg...view=getnewpost. Here is an example of how the screenshot should look: http://img856.images...56/567/g1ae.jpg
5) The tournament is competition of 8 players with single knock out rules, meaning that if you lose one game you are out of the tournament. The winner advances and wins the tournemant after beating three opponents.
Pairing will be done randomly, at the beginning of the event.The randomization will be done by a little piece of software and a random list generator, using http://www.random.org/lists/
6) All the players(8+2) must be in challenge zone chat room at 13.45 GMT on 27th Dec. If a player has not showed up by 14.00 GMT, they are out of the tournament and a substitute will take their place. More help to find your time difference from GMT visit http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com
7) All games must be played as unranked games, which means that players have to meet in the chat room “challenge zone” and after accepting eachother as "friend" they can challenge in unranked battle. If there is problem and someone is not able to arrange a friendly game ( because there is bug) with their account, a member of the committe can give this player another account to play with.
8) If the game ends in a draw/tie, the match must be replayed but as a quick game (10 vs 10 pieces game) until there is a winner (Screenshot needed - see rule 4). That 10 vs 10 game must take place immediately after the first game.
9) If a player runs into a computer bug that forces them to leave the match with no ability to return with inthe two minutes and thirty second timer, the other player can claim victory by taking a screen shot of the victory screen. There is one EXCEPTION: if a player is booted from the game during the setting up of the pieces, the game must be restarted since there is no victory screen shown at that point of the game.
10) There will be no glitching allowed during the match, as this is seen by us as cheating. Anyone caught doing this will be disqualified from the tournament, banned from future events and will have their rating reset.
11) Using the chatbox is allowed during the set up. During the game it is NOT allowed except if you want to request a tie or a pause (break). It is strictly prohibited to use the tie or break requests buttons without having the approval from the other player in the chat. If you wish to request a tie or a pause during the match, you must first verbally request the tie or pause and if agreed upon by both sides, the player who asked for the request must do it only on his turn . Placing the request on the opponents turn ieen as an attempt to glitch (see Rule 10).
12) If you are suddenly unable to finish a match for whatever reason, you should resign the match (sing the flag button).
13) If a game is a clear draw and one side refuses to the draw, the person who demanded the draw must take screen shots of the match and label what they believe to be each of the opponents pieces (if known). The Tournament Committee will determine if the game was winnable to the side who refused the draw or if they were just stalling. If the TC decides it was just stalling there can be a disqualificationof that player for unsportsmanlike conduct and the player who demanded the draw will advance to the next round. It is encouraged that, if you believe you have the right to decline the draw requests, to take screen shots and show why you believe you did not have to accept the draw request(s).
14) Any abusive behavior at the table will not be tolerated, players who are victim to such abuse are encouraged to take screen shots and report the player. R+The Tournament Committee can disqualify abusive players from the tournement and future events.
15) The winner of the entire tournament will be rewarded with 50 rank points for this.
16) All decisions by the Tournament Committee are final.
17) With your sign up you acknowledge that you have read the rules and you accept them
The Tournament Committee
( KARAISKAKIS ,maxroelofs).