Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hi everybody,

i would like very much to participate but will unfortunately not be available for Christmas tournament on december 27. Anyway I'm sure there will be enough players interested.

I wish to congratulate TC and The Maestro for having improved the rules and for the initiative of this second tournament. Let's this second tournament be as successful as first one.

i can also not avoide to reply with a little smile to the 2 posts above of people who wish to gain ELO points in tournament. If I were playing under Dekaenas formula I would just create my new bronze spy account, become member and in case I win I would gain 108000/100=1080 points so I will be like Satan-NL, this is just exactly what I need!!!

From my point of view we should not mix ELO ranking points and "tournament points". Winners, finalist, semi finalists of tournaments shall get tournament points and a dedicated "tournament ranking" shall be created separately from ELO ranking. ... but I understand in short term we have to do with what is available, hopefully in the future it will be possible to have separate rankings.

Anyway I wish all players good luck and a lot of fun in this Christmas tournament.

Napoleon 1er

Ι DISAGREE

This will make it more unpredictable the rankings and will become interested many more players to participate in the BEST tournament(CL) of the year(will fill the forum ;) ).

Dekaeneas-Spy

#22 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Sorry Greg, I've been a bit busy these days.

I also want people to do a quick game after a draw, It's a complete other skill. It also brings a whole new dimension to the game, people have to be good at both. A player can try to have a calculated draw if they think they are brilliant quick game players.

The point system is a very good improvement, beet don't take the prizes to high, not now and not in the champions league, players like Satan would be easily everun by Sohal for example, while he may be a better player. When a player gets like 200 points for a tournament and i already high in ranking he is very difficult to catch up. So i vote for a 50 points prize.

Goodluck everybody in the tournament!

Greetz,

Maxroelofs (Tournament committee)

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#23 DreamCrusher999

DreamCrusher999

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Why not not make a trournament ranking?

Wouldnt that be easier?

#24 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

Sorry Greg, I've been a bit busy these days.

I also want people to do a quick game after a draw, It's a complete other skill. It also brings a whole new dimension to the game, people have to be good at both. A player can try to have a calculated draw if they think they are brilliant quick game players.

The point system is a very good improvement, beet don't take the prizes to high, not now and not in the champions league, players like Satan would be easily everun by Sohal for example, while he may be a better player. When a player gets like 200 points for a tournament and i already high in ranking he is very difficult to catch up. So i vote for a 50 points prize.

Goodluck everybody in the tournament!

Greetz,

Maxroelofs (Tournament committee)

The champions league of 8 group (4 players of each group) is good to be rewarded with 10 points (1st and 2nd) of each group.
Also qualifying at 8 best be rewarded with 15 points and qualifying as the best 4 (20points)

Qualifying at 4 to give ticket to the next champions league.
Qualification to the final 25 points

earn and 16 other players Points
not only earn the winner.

• maxroelofs likes this

#25 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Why not not make a trournament ranking?

Wouldnt that be easier?

Ι agree, but will make it more many players to bother with the tournaments if POINTS enters the rankings.
Just maybe find some way to be less POINTS

#26 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

OK I changed rule 4, so a 10 vs 10 rematch is needed in case of no screenshot. If any other changes should be made please let me know asap. Otherwise please delete the "first set" of rules so there will be no confusion. 

#27 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

OK I changed rule 4, so a 10 vs 10 rematch is needed in case of no screenshot. If any other changes should be made please let me know asap. Otherwise please delete the "first set" of rules so there will be no confusion. 

Done.

Thanks for the help.

#28 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Done.

Thanks for the help.

You're welcome.

Good luck to all the participants....and have fun!

#29 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

I agree with Dreamcrusher999. ...With this reverse 666 (The number of the beast) at the end and this incredible % of win I'm pretty convinced this player is a hidden Satan-NL ... but please don't tell this to anybody because I'm sure this should be top secret information ... :ph34r: ... I just keep smiling and hope dreamcrusher999has humor ...

I said I agree with dreamcrusher999 that we should separate ELO ranking and tournament ranking, for the main following reasons:

1) in tournament only a limited number of participants are accepted so it is not correct that only those people have the possibility to win points. This creates a discrepancy between the people who make torunaments and the others

2) giving ELO ranking points to tournament players would possibly give a raise to the organization of a huge number of little tournaments. People may start to organize tournaments everywhere and everyday just for themselves and a few folks, just to increase their ELO ranking. This is not very fair from my point of view.

3) If a top player would win a tournament and receive for example 200 points he may climb so high in the ranking that he would almost not find other players to play against or he would have to wait a long time until the system finds a match for him (remember the system does not make you play against another player if the ranking difference is higher than 677 points if I'm right)

but I understand for Christmas we could tolerate an exception with a 50 points ranking gain for the winner ... this exception shall just not become the rule

Napoleon 1er

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#30 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,737 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

I agree with Dreamcrusher999. ...With this reverse 666 (The number of the beast) at the end and this incredible % of win I'm pretty convinced this player is a hidden Satan-NL ... but please don't tell this to anybody because I'm sure this should be top secret information ... :ph34r: ... I just keep smiling and hope dreamcrusher999has humor ...

I said I agree with dreamcrusher999 that we should separate ELO ranking and tournament ranking, for the main following reasons:

1) in tournament only a limited number of participants are accepted so it is not correct that only those people have the possibility to win points. This creates a discrepancy between the people who make torunaments and the others

2) giving ELO ranking points to tournament players would possibly give a raise to the organization of a huge number of little tournaments. People may start to organize tournaments everywhere and everyday just for themselves and a few folks, just to increase their ELO ranking. This is not very fair from my point of view.

3) If a top player would win a tournament and receive for example 200 points he may climb so high in the ranking that he would almost not find other players to play against or he would have to wait a long time until the system finds a match for him (remember the system does not make you play against another player if the ranking difference is higher than 677 points if I'm right)

but I understand for Christmas we could tolerate an exception with a 50 points ranking gain for the winner ... this exception shall just not become the rule

Napoleon 1er

I know I've made reference to it before, but my other favorite hobby is table tennis.  At my TT club we have club ratings and we also have USATT ratings.  They are usually close to one another, but often a club rating can be dramatically different than a USATT tournament ranking.  My club rating, for example, is a mere 800, while my USATT rating is 1300.  My point is is that when we play in a sanctioned tournament there is no crossover to our local club rankings. And likewise a win during league night at my club doesn't affect my USATT ratings in the slightest.  

That makes sense to me.  I think the two rankings should be kept parallel with each other for every player, but no play in one venue should affect the ranking in the other.  IMHO.

GLS

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#31 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

On Friday Christmas event will take place and we all hope to have success.

Let me explain how will be the procedure of the pairing.

One first list with the final 8 participants in a random row  will be sent with a pm to one of the participants and to the members of the organization team at 14.00.

We will ask from a player to say a random list with numbers from 1-8.

After that we will create the final list numbering from 1-8.

e.g

Let's say that the list with random numbers is 1-3-4-6-7-2-8-5

this means that the first player from the random list with names ( this one which has been sent with pm for confirmation) takes the first place in the final list.

the third player from the names list takes the second place in final list

the fourth player from the names list takes the fourth place in final list

the sixth player from the names list takes the fifth place in final list  etc.

GAMES WILL BE

first round

1-4

2-3

5-8

6-7

semi finals

1.winner(1-4) - winner (2-3)

2.winner(5-8) - winner (6-7)

finals

winner1-winner2

#32 LT.james

LT.james

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

i might not be in the tournament , where i live in quebec canada we had a big storm and lost the power , there is a chance the power won't be back until 28th of december so there is a very slight chance that i won't be playing .

#33 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

1.Where is Ya Flag
2.chefwd76
3.spyros77
4.kostas2506
5.kabal
6.DreamCrusher999
7.free pass
8.Dekaeeneas-spy

number list

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#34 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

FIRST ROUND

pairs are

DreamCrusher999-kabal

kostas2506 free  pass

Dekaeeneas-spy-Where is Ya Flag

spyros77-chefwd76

#35 DreamCrusher999

DreamCrusher999

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

http://img197.images...7/9876/q7y4.png

#36 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

http://imageshack.co...32/816/vn9c.png

spyros77 won

#37 DreamCrusher999

DreamCrusher999

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://img40.imagesh...0/4011/j2dg.png

#38 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

SEMI FINALS

DreamCrusher999- Kostas 2506

spyros77-Dekaeeneas-spy

#39 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Satan, you monster..

GL in the final

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#40 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

You are to slow Karais.....Another dream already has been crushed.... ;)

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users