We may be unable to get application changes as quickly as we want, but here's a list from me for when we get things moving again in the programming ranks. The items I can remember right now are limited, and are here they are in no particular order. Most have been previously discussed in detail in the forums.
Here's my list:
- Auto Draw after X number of moves (latest consensus was 200 moves per player without a capture)
- Give three brief (30-120 sec.) "timeouts" to each player per game. These would NOT require opponent permission. They would be akin to timeouts in most any sport. They could be taken at any time by either player.
- Limit draw requests to one's turn only, and putting a cap of five-ten requests per player per game. TRUE fix is #1 above!
- Remove Leader Board "sitters" after one month. Player rank would never be lost, though.
- Combine all Leader Boards into one unified Ranking Board that has every ACTIVE player listed (who is 251st Silver and lower today?)
- Hot button link on game screen for Google Translate so we can talk to each other easier.
- Hot button for taking screenshots to make that easier, with tools to blank out one's material information and to upload to admins or J.C.
- Enact the 3/4 plan for the 2 Square rule for a two month test period next year after any first of the year tourney.
- Make Leader Board flags give country name when hovered over, to make things more interesting. Few will know what countries all the flags represent.
- Make piece captured/lost information start off colored and then shade to gray as each piece is captured or lost. This would be more intuitive as when all pieces are alive everything should be at its most vibrant color, and then fade to an increasingly gray death as pieces of that rank are captured or lost.
- Statistical information showing player vs player records, last ten games played, and more. Put this information on a player's profile page. Maybe the computer could tell you your record against an opponent once it pairs you up for a game.
- Put a "Hot Players This Week" bar/button on the profile page. When clicked this would show the hottest winning percentages for that week. Anyone at any rank could qualify if they played ten games. The button would reset on Sundays.
- Ban multiple accounts just as the rules of the website stipulate we should do.
- Allow Silver players to reject one match per day that the computer gives them as a privilege for their lofty rank.
There's my list. I'm sure I'll think of a few things to add later.