Three Musketeers

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

Oh right yes Theee Musketeers. That was our first attempt at making an account together but somebody spelled the user name wrong and we couldn't figure out how to change the name. And well is bluffing unsportsmanlike? Cause that's clearly what it was to get the game over with as you bluffed by saying your flag was in the corner when in fact it wasn't. That's how we ended up losing we believed your bluff and you won. And we thought about it and thought that it is better to lose that way because it's not an actual victory for you you had to lie to get it, when we thought about it we would have felt bad about winning if you guessed the one we said was our bomb.

And can one really just ban two random names because one person states that they are related to us? First what if they were just random people, and second there's no evidence that those people are really us.

#22 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

I would ask the NSquared and the Three Musketeers but ...... I do not know if they continue to play still :blink: .

their next game i believe, will last 9 1/2 weeks :o .

The winner will get this prize.....http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7js_QOG6trU :wub:

The loser: a pair of glasses for 9 1/2 degrees of myopia B) .

what do you think my friend trickz :rolleyes: ?

sorry for the humor but still i laugh ;) .

Dekaeneas-Spy     

• chefwd76 likes this

#23 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Quote Midnightguy:
No screen shots to provide us, then it didn't happen. Simple as that.

I come back on my first thoughts after TM has explained why he won't accept a tie.
It is to simple to say 'no screenshots, no case' . I am one of the players who are annoyed by offensive (insulting) language. Some people think it is normal behaviour, but believe me, it is not. If you think I am wrong, try it out on your boss at work or at school and you'll see what happens then.
If I were in the shoes of TM, I also would not accept the tie request, because of insults.
In addition, it is not proven that the flag of TM was between bombs. It is obvious that this is so, but it isn't certain.
Without the insulting thing it IS a tie, because nobody wants to take the risk of attacking an unknown piece of the opponent. Rulechanging that the player with the highest piece wins is not relevant. If one has a spy left and the other a marshall, you can't tell who is gonna win.

What has to be done: Change of rules needed for not accepting a tie AND using insulting language.

That's my point of view.

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#24 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Dear Luckypapa,

I played NSquared many times in the quick arena, he is one of the most portsmanlike players i know, so I am very sure that if he started insulting him it was after a few hours, not immidiately.

For example, i was playing with him, I had a miner, he had a general, I was about to take his flag. I had the some bomb setup as NSquared had but i had my flag on the front row and the two pieces on the back row were both bombs. He hit the one next to the corner with a scout. I told him my flag was on the first row and he was really amazed, he asked me if he could hit the corner as a proof. (he could easily hit my front row when he was one piece away from the corner, i doubted but i decided to trust NSquared. He moves to the corner, and says: ''to the corner! I would rather lose a game than lose my sportsmanship''

Then he hits the corner and i won the game, ofcourse he could change attitude, but I think again, I comletely understand an insult after hours of not accepting a draw.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#25 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Max,

I did not say something about the sportmanship of Nsquared, of whom it may concern. And who started it all, we don't know. Because man is familiar with somebody doesn't mean he or she can't make mistakes or faults.
And I disagree with you that after x hours you are free to start with insulting.

I played once against a marshall in a ranked match. When he came behind he started to insult me and at last he began to blackmail me, so he should stop chasing me. Because I was tired of his chasing I followed his 'orders' and moved my high ranked piece to the corner he wanted. I never insulted him. And I beat him at last.
I have the proof of that game and the chat, but is half a year later now.

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#26 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

2. The picture I have provided clearly shows how they intentionally photoshopped a screenshot to try to get me to attack their backrow, non-corner piece.

On the left of the photo is a recent game where I put my flag next to a corner bomb. I have highlighted how both tiles on the left photo are equal in height. Now compare that to the photo on the right, the one they sent me (The first post in this thread had a link to a facebook page that contained the photo, but has now been removed). Their flag tile is clearly taller than the corner bomb tile. I also highlighted an error in their photoshopping: a vertical line on the bottom right side of their flag tile. My photo on the left has no such artifact. 

So, they tried to get me to attack a bomb by deliberately editing a screenshot. That's hardly sportsmanlike behavior. 

I cannot comment on the accuracy of the accusation, though I admire the diligence in the remark above. 

What baffles me is how they would allegedly try to get you to attack a bomb? You are saying they sent you a link or an email with the screenshot? First, why would you even bother to look at that? Second, why would you even trust what was sent?

How can I help you?

#27 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

But about being a member of the forum we just joined like a few days ago and just looked at the forums after the game to help this situation never before have any of us looked at them. So we haven't seen what you stated above which is why during the game we kept playing. We just wanted cold hard facts a clearly stated rule to say that we had to tie which would have been fine. That should be updated to the terms and conditions. 

OK. I concede this is not made explicitly clear in the terms and conditions. That being said, not every scenario can be described in detail. One has to make a "reasonable" judgment as to whether or not a given behavior is warranted or not. I feel it is safe to assume - feel free to differ - that playing 8+ hours of shuffling around without any progress after tie requests have been offered (on the offeree's turn) is beyond reasonable.

My position is that it is ok to be "mistaken" in the evaluation of a position as many of us continue to learn about the game. However, the proof is in the pudding. If no progress can be made after a substantial period of time, it should be readily apparent that a perceived advantage is just not enough (this is similar to situations in chess where one side has a seemingly nominal advantage, but it is not enough to convert into an actual win - think the Berlin Defense).

But about palying together yes we did three of us. We didn't  realize this was illegal considering we can't find it in the terms and conditions if you could specify where that would be great. And okay if it's there then ban us for that we are fine with that. But we would love for everyone to be able to take a look at the conversations he had with us and I agree with you one 100% 2 wrongs doesn't make a right.

There are two components of the Terms and Conditions (please see http://www.stratego....rms-conditions/) that speak to this. The first is the following: 

"1.3 Login data. You must not divulge your login data to anybody else and you must keep the data strictly secret. Stratego may require you to change the login data for safety or other reasons. You are not allowed to transfer or assign your account or relationship with Stratego without the prior written permission of Stratego. "

The second is the following:

4.2 No unfair practices. You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage.

There is actually a third element, but it is a bit "legally subtle" (namely, the use of the singular referent "Player" vs. "Players" with regard to an account). I wouldn't fault anyone for missing this.

Although we have no screen shots of the insults and profound language we have contacted Angelus the Stratego Staff Administrator about NSquared's language during in-game chat. And due to his post (link provided above) we think our conversation can somehow be recovered and that can be used as evidence instead of screen shots. 

But again thank your for your answers they are appreciated.

It is definitely worth a shot if you do not have screenshots. The admins of this site may be able to review the language used and act on it as appropriate. This is a separate, albeit related, issue from the issue NSquared has raised.

Thanks!

How can I help you?

#28 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Quote Midnightguy:
No screen shots to provide us, then it didn't happen. Simple as that.

I come back on my first thoughts after TM has explained why he won't accept a tie.
It is to simple to say 'no screenshots, no case' . I am one of the players who are annoyed by offensive (insulting) language. Some people think it is normal behaviour, but believe me, it is not. If you think I am wrong, try it out on your boss at work or at school and you'll see what happens then.
If I were in the shoes of TM, I also would not accept the tie request, because of insults.
In addition, it is not proven that the flag of TM was between bombs. It is obvious that this is so, but it isn't certain.
Without the insulting thing it IS a tie, because nobody wants to take the risk of attacking an unknown piece of the opponent. Rulechanging that the player with the highest piece wins is not relevant. If one has a spy left and the other a marshall, you can't tell who is gonna win.

What has to be done: Change of rules needed for not accepting a tie AND using insulting language.

That's my point of view.

Lucky

I understand Lucky, that you feel my comment was too simple, but truth remains; I could say you were abusive to me in a game.  If I don't provide any proof, then would people take my word for it?  I am a moderator for the site; everyone trusts me right?  You are an outstanding member of our site, do people suddenly believe you were abusive or not?  This is the same as why we ask people to give us screen shots or video of cheating/abuse going on.  This includes the five of us in the Justice Committee.  If one of us says someone was cheating on our site, we need to provide screen shots just like everyone else or it didn't happen.  

That is why I stated if three musketeers was offended by the alleged abusive behavior by NSquared, then he should have been taking screen shots of his own.  NSquared came out first with the screen shots, so it's human nature for the accused to want to defend themselves.  

I do fully agree with you that no player should not be subjected to abusive behavior and if the person who is offended can show us proof, we'll look into the matter.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users