Photo

Anyone ever play with two boards together?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fadeintoinfinity

fadeintoinfinity

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

I like it much better than one board. Its more interesting to me.

#2 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Moderators
  • 936 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Hi,

I tried this for the first time about a week ago, it is lots of fun, but takes a bit to command such a big army!

setup and pack-up takes a while too ;)

Losermaker

• GaryLShelton likes this

#3 GoodLuckGoodGame

GoodLuckGoodGame

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

yeah n I love it..

I already suggested it as an optioned game, but I doubt this will come at all

#4 fadeintoinfinity

fadeintoinfinity

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

After I played it I would never go back to one board. Having two flags is great. You can use two different strategies per flag etc. To me its the ultimate war! Maybe they will one day come out with this game option.

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Fadeintoinfinity, I used to do this all the time when I was younger.  It's a good, fun idea for anyone playing the board game to try.  My brother and I had two Stratego sets from the late 60's and we would put them side by side and call it "Jumbo Stratego".  (We didn't know at the time how appropriate the name was!)  Yes, it was enjoyable, and two flags and 12 bombs and 2 spies can make for a very interesting time.  

I don't remember the last time I actually did it, however, as I am 54 now, but I do still happen to have both of those sets in my game box at my house.  We used to even do this with Monopoly, if you can imagine.   We must have had lots of time to kill!  There only needs to be an agreed upon set of rules at the outset for movement for these jumbo versions and then the game is on.  

Another thing that one can do with the board game pieces is do "fake" moves.  In the old days on the board I would often toy with moving a bomb, but never let go of the piece, and then move a completely different soldier.  Sometimes, though not all the time, this would fool my opponent (brother, neighbor kids, etc.) into blowing up something valuable on it.  Here online, however, we can't do this type of thing, at least at this time.  

Kudos for bringing up "Jumbo Stratego" again.

GLS

• LearningThisGame and fadeintoinfinity like this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users