#1 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,459 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Online  Stratego Federation (OSF): It is just a group of players having the same nationality.

Each federation needs 3 person from same country who are responsible to write new members and keep archives with names, e-mails , tel.(for communication).

Every player in this site can be member in his country federation using only his main account.

Aliases and known cheaters who have been punished are excluding.

The role of having federations is: 

1. organise the human potential in this site as better as we can .

2. isolate cheaters and aliases

3. creation of national teams

4. better organization of events ( CL, world cup)

How can you create your federation:

Try to find another 2 players from your country to be responsible and then you can create your topic in region of app discusion . After that you must search and join as many members you can, keeping in your archives their identify and communicate with them.

If somebody want to participate in tournaments must be member of a federation.
We will create also a federation for members who cann"t join elsewhere and call it REST WORLD OSF.
First 5 federations ( in total number of members ) will have the opportunity to have a member in the T.C. and each year this member could be different.
All the federations must create a 4 member national team ( through a local tournament or according the ranking position) and every year we will organize a national team cup.
This event with the Champions League will be the two annual tournaments in our site.

• chefwd76 and Dekaeneas-Spy like this

#2 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Main account = forum account I believe.

Questions/remarks:

There are a lot of ranksittters, players who don't play anymore with their main(forum)account when they have reached a high rankposition.
What to do about them? I call this distortion of competition, especially when you want a qualification whereby the highest in rank wil play against the lowest, or a division into groups based on the current ranking.
So there has to be found a way to ensure that this practice is not rewarded!!
One of this ways is what is mentioned in other topics, players lose points after x-months. Please work this out!

Take in your rules on that the rankingpoints AT the moment of sign up are decive for pairing highest to lowest.

What about M2C problems? How do you handle that? Or is that problem solved yet?

Basicly I want to definine first all the rules AND TC takes care of a broad support, before starting something new. The Maestro is willing to participate in that, I believe.

Lucky
  • The Maestro likes this

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#3 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,459 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Questions/remarks:

There are a lot of ranksittters, players who don't play anymore with their main(forum)account when they have reached a high rankposition.
What to do about them? I call this distortion of competition, especially when you want a qualification whereby the highest in rank wil play against the lowest, or a division into groups based on the current ranking.
One of this ways is what is mentioned in other topics, players lose points after x-months. Please work this out!
To fix this problem we need someone who can work on the existed program and such a person there isn"t now and I am afraid and in near future.
Take in your rules on that the rankingpoints AT the moment of sign up are decive for pairing highest to lowest.
OK I was thinking the same.
What about M2C problems? How do you handle that? Or is that problem solved yet?
I do not know. But if we have same problems we can solve them in the way we did it in your game.
Basicly I want to definine first all the rules AND TC takes care of a broad support, before starting something new. The Maestro is willing to participate in that, I believe.

Everyone who really cares for the improvement of our game here is welcome. This the reason i wrote that First 5 federations ( in total number of members ) will have the opportunity to have a member in the T.C. and each year this member could be different

Only conditions are to be fair ,decent person and say always the truth.

KARAISKAKIS

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#4 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Questions/remarks:

I have mixed feeling as to whether or not ranksitting is a problem. One ideal way to address this would be to have an "RD" factor that is a statistical measurement of how precise the ranking is. The longer a player has been away, the higher the RD factor. After a certain cutoff point, people with high RDs drop off an "active ranking" list. This would take some programming, however, and is not going to be practical in the near future. 

In the meantime, one possible temporary approach could be to require all tournament participants to use their highest ranked name. An IP check and what not could help ensure that any participant who does not provide their highest ranked name will be forfeited from the tournament or barred from entry. This doesn't fix the issue completely. Nor is it bulletbroof. But it is a start.

How can I help you?

#5 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Learning,

I know there is 'no money in the pocket' for making any improvements to this site. So until there is some movement at Keesing or Jumbo or Santa Claus.... there is no reason yet to submit proposals for programming this site. With you, I am very disappointed of that.

Your suggestion of using the highest ranked name is a bad idea in my eyes. Why? It makes it more difficult to check if the name they 'sign up' with belongs to who's he/she says it belongs. More transparent is than to oblige the use of the forumname. 

So, while our hands are tied, we will enjoy what we have!

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#6 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hi everybody,

I agree with Luckypapa that ranksittings is not necessarily a disturbing factor. However I agree also that the ranking should be somehow cleaned from "old and unused accounts". Therefore I think that the ATP ranking system of tennis is not bad: Points are only valid for a period of 12 months and thenafter either you have to confirm the points you've made 12 months earlier or improve them either you lose them, so for example if this would apply to this website if on december 2nd 2012 you've won 12 points and on december 2nd 2013 you haven't won anything your ranking gets reduced by 12 points during the night of 2nd to 3rd december 2013. In the contrary if you have won 6 points on december 2nd, 2012 and won 22 points on december 2nd, 2013 your ranking gets increased only by the difference of 22-6=+16 points. So if an account is never or very rarely used the ranking of this player will decrease and disappear over the following 12 months.

But of course all these nice changes needs to be financed...

Napoleon Ier

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#7 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Τo organize the players in online federations believe that wants more job.

I totally agree with my friend KARAISKAKIS and i believe it is necessary to create OSF from many countries.

(The role of having federations is: 

1. organise the human potential in this site as better as we can .

2. isolate cheaters and aliases

3. creation of national teams

4. better organization of events ( CL, world cup))

Unfortunately does not exist by that I see strong interest from players  and it makes me to i worry about the future of the game in site and not only.

It is a pity because the site PLAY 108,000 thousand players.

Ι propose an update from CHAT(As difficult as that may seem) because 99.5% of players do not enter in forum.

Dekaeneas-Spy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users