dboekestein

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

We are thinking to add special powers (power-ups) to the game. This would be an option to play with or without it so the current "classic" ranking will stay, but there might be another L&L for this.

Examples of power-ups you could buy or achieve:

1. Convert a piece into a "marine" and walk trough the lakes
2. Create a fog of war and have some fog on the board for 2-3 moves
3. Mutiny, Selected opponents piece changes side for 2 rounds.

There would be a limit of power-ups during each game. I would guess that for most of the current stratego-beta players this would change the game completely. This is also the idea, we are hoping that a large audience will like this and will get in contact with this great game!

I would like to hear your opinion.

#2 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I understand the concept of making the game even more attractive.
And for variatons of Stratego this would be a great idea as well!
However, I don't think you should implement these kind of features in the classic Stratego game.
There's already a lot of discussion with the famous 2srule for instance and I think those features will only create more confusion on the battlefield.

But you can implement these kind of things in the scifi-version or Kings & Wizards or other variants that you are planning on.

I'm sure you make a great job of it :)
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#3 dboekestein

dboekestein

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

@trickz making it completely seperated might spread the userbase too much. As far as I can see it now you could just enable or disable this in the setupscreen and both players should enable it to use it.

#4 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

If you can enable or disable it, then there is no problem at all.
It just gives the game a cool extra dimension if you want that and that's always great!
So I'm definitely in favour for that option.
As long as it stays an option of course! :P
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#5 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

There is a special piece that came with the Jumbo Classic Stratego version. I know I have talked about this piece quite a lot: The Infiltrator. I think Jumbo did a great job with adding this extra piece to the game and I would rather see him put in game than the special power ups that have been suggested. I have a feeling, that if you add power ups to the game, players might be turned away from this site (especially veteran players). I wouldn't even change the Sci-Fi version with power ups.

But, if you were to implement these power ups, you would have to create a totally separate tab or section for this sort of game play. Players need to clearly know that playing with power ups is just a fun game and will not hinder their ranking in any sort of way.

HmmNess
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users