New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Draw deniers are ruining this site.

Numerous forum topics have already discussed the problem of draw deniers, or people who refuse to concede a draw in obviously drawn positions. See "Players like Mrjoker need to be removed", "Manowar 2003", "Stylez3 doesn't agree to obvious draw", "Please update the clock and stop endless games".

I have encountered numerous such players including Mrjoker, Camdenbeer, and most recently, Voyager99.

In my game against Voyager99 (played November 18th) we both had sealed flags in the corner. I had one scout against his scout and spy. After 15 minutes of shuffling pieces, I offered a draw. He refused and sent the message "guess". As we shuffled pieces for the next twenty minutes, he sent increasingly blatant messages. "Guess which one and then we can draw". "Just pick one!!!" "50 50". I just continued shuffling, and finally after approximately one wasted hour, he conceded the draw.

Voyager 99 has played thousands of games on this site. I wonder how many players don't play on this site because of wasted hours with draw deniers like Voyager99. I wonder how many of Voyager99's victories are tainted by this unethical conduct?

I don't know the best solution for this website. I would think that some sort of computer assisted adjudicatory feature would work. If a player refuses a 3rd draw offer in an obviously drawn position, he loses. I do know that if I had invested the time and money in building this website, I would do something to protect it against Voyager99, and players of his ilk.

Bluffah

• Dekaeneas-Spy and v.navigator like this

#2 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

The justice committee will look into a way punishing quick game/unsportsman like players.
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#3 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Draw deniers are ruining this site.

Numerous forum topics have already discussed the problem of draw deniers, or people who refuse to concede a draw in obviously drawn positions. See "Players like Mrjoker need to be removed", "Manowar 2003", "Stylez3 doesn't agree to obvious draw", "Please update the clock and stop endless games".

I have encountered numerous such players including Mrjoker, Camdenbeer, and most recently, Voyager99.

In my game against Voyager99 (played November 18th) we both had sealed flags in the corner. I had one scout against his scout and spy. After 15 minutes of shuffling pieces, I offered a draw. He refused and sent the message "guess". As we shuffled pieces for the next twenty minutes, he sent increasingly blatant messages. "Guess which one and then we can draw". "Just pick one!!!" "50 50". I just continued shuffling, and finally after approximately one wasted hour, he conceded the draw.

Voyager 99 has played thousands of games on this site. I wonder how many players don't play on this site because of wasted hours with draw deniers like Voyager99. I wonder how many of Voyager99's victories are tainted by this unethical conduct?

I don't know the best solution for this website. I would think that some sort of computer assisted adjudicatory feature would work. If a player refuses a 3rd draw offer in an obviously drawn position, he loses. I do know that if I had invested the time and money in building this website, I would do something to protect it against Voyager99, and players of his ilk.

Bluffah

Adjudication would be great. I also think an overall game timer/move counter would be interesting. 

For now, I recommend taking multiple screenshots and reporting them to the Justice Committee for discussion/review.

How can I help you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users