Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,066 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hi all,

I had been searching for a while yesterday, and could not get a game, so I pressed "Cancel Search". I then went away for 10-15 mins, and when I came back my rating had dropped 20 points. Anyone had this happen before?

LM

#2 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Yes I admit had that happen before doing a quick game, game started without me knowing about it.  

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

It must have been a freak coincidence of you cancelling and the computer finding you a match simultaneously, do you think?  I have cancelled many times before and never noticed this.  

GLS

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#4 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

I've had the same problem but more frequently.

Out of a sudden on a specific day it started, then few weeks nothing and then I had it back.

I lost 9 games in a row with this bug a few months ago.

Sometimes it was even possible that I did find a match, and then during the setup screen, I was kicked out of the game and if I did make it to the game itself (which has also happened), then I couldn't move my piece with a message saying : reconnection or cancel (if I cancel I lose the game) so I did nothing and then ten seconds later I can suddenly move back again.

Too bad I don't have screenshots of this but next time I will post them.

It has so called something to do with your internet connection (which is fine, it's only this site that causes problems, very weird).

Anyway, it's annoying as hell but I'm realistic : it will not change or go away pretty soon.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#5 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,066 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

It must have been a freak coincidence of you cancelling and the computer finding you a match simultaneously, do you think?

GLS

Hi Gary,

I have had this happen, but I was still at my pc for 5 mins before I left to go and do something.

#6 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

1. Add a "feature" to allow you to rejoin an unstarted game when you ooopsidentily click a linke like profile or play game when a game is already about to start or when you actually crash your browser before it starts
  2. Add a "feature" to allow both parties to agree to not start an unstarted game with mutual yesses having to be counted for the site to "release you from its binds"
  3. Fix the bugs on this site er I mean add these features, please Mr. Stratego release us from your binds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users