dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

midnightguy told me to ask for more time i think we can both play on tuesday at 17:00 

can you play on tuesday  maestro ?

becose we both can`t play he cant play at 17:00 and i can`t play at 10:00

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#42 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Dekaeneas-Spy:I have not thoroughly read the rules and I think the winner is he who does two wins. I apologize :(  for my mistake, my friend Midnightguy.
I apologize :( , and
the committee tournament.
But believe that this should be the next tournament. (2 wins).
I agree with the Μaestro. ;)

Νot done in the semi-finals one player needs a draw to go to final.

Αre not so beautiful game, and we looks to play defense, defense, defense only to achieve our purpose and not have fun and show that we deserve.
We kill the stratego so.
:(

Barbe Noire:  2) the rule "best out of 3 matches" shall be reformulated to " A player is qualified for next round as soon as he has 2 victories ".

Dekaeneas-Spy: well done Barbe Noire

#43 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Not so fast, you are (one again) completely ignoring and disrespecting me, your own rules and therefor the whole base of this game and community. That should not be happening....

That"s enough!!!

You want from us  to punish a well known fair player (in metaforge and in this site) as a cheater who tried to glitch your game.

T.C. BELIEVES THAT CASE IS CLOSED BECAUSE

1. no screenshot

2. you wrote that :"Game One: although far ahead DK starts moving circles with 3 pieces for close to 30 minutes, Also suddenly ON MY TURN he requsest a break. No chat asking for it just a request. ON MY TURN. It was very very close to a glitch

Tell me a good reason one who is far ahead want to cheat.

3. you wrote that:It's very simple, the illegal move happened and he admitted it, so that's it.

Where in DK answer is written that :are you crazy its alowed to ask for a break when you play 2 hours and 7 min i just needed to pee and you where so nice to not give me one real sporting from you and if i pee it cost me 30 seconds from my time so please stop

i can`t play at 10:00 in the morning  i give more time to play then you and i dont understand why you talk like this all sudden

There is nowhere written that he admits that he made the request on your move or he did not asked it before from chat.

He just admits that he asked a break to go toilet and  you where so nice to not give me one real sporting from you

Finally i want to say my personal opinion that when you accuse somebody for stalling you must play different and up to what kostas and papaflessas told me you play the same style and of course is your right.

Please finish your games and stop cause anymore troubles.

• Dekaeneas-Spy, ICanMakeUFamous and maxroelofs like this

#44 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

As the committee decides to accept the defeat of Satan-NL (without screenshot -Manning2cruz-Satan-nl-, but simply because Satan has admitted that he missed and well done, so they must do now and by the time he admits the DK  -But if conceded this"nuisance"but not there's screenshot).

It is my opinion, and you're right the Maestro  (if conceded this the DK"nuisance").

Dekaeneas-Spy ;)

#45 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

As far as i can see there is no agreement about the day and time for your third game.
T.C. suggestion is to arrange the game on Sunday 10.00 am (time when The Maestro is available)
If dutchkillers do not come we will arange the 4th game 17.00 on same day.
Score will be 1-1 and in this case dutch lose his advantage for the tie.

Alternatively we can propose you play on monday about 17.00 giving one day extension to semifinals.

In case The Maestro wins, next game will be immediately after that game.

Please guys let us know what you prefer.

Monday 1700 is no option so Sunday 10 am it is

dutchkillers agree to finish the games on Sunday( he asked me to post his position).

The Maestro refused the extension for Monday.

So third game will be on Sunday 10.00 am (dutch time)

If dutchkillers do not come (and as he told me this is the most possible and in this case dutch lose his advantage for the tie)The Maestro wins the third game,score will be 1-1 and 4th game will be same day at 17.00(dutch time). Any additional game will be immediately after the fourth game.(with a break of 30 min)

#46 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Maestro,

Committee made the decision. Stop the complaints. Next tournament will have more specific rules.

You made your point, now you have to respect our decision.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#47 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

That"s enough!!!

You want from us  to punish a well known fair player (in metaforge and in this site) as a cheater who tried to glitch your game.

T.C. BELIEVES THAT CASE IS CLOSED BECAUSE

1. no screenshot

2. you wrote that :"Game One: although far ahead DK starts moving circles with 3 pieces for close to 30 minutes, Also suddenly ON MY TURN he requsest a break. No chat asking for it just a request. ON MY TURN. It was very very close to a glitch

Tell me a good reason one who is far ahead want to cheat.

3. you wrote that:It's very simple, the illegal move happened and he admitted it, so that's it.

Where in DK answer is written that :are you crazy its alowed to ask for a break when you play 2 hours and 7 min i just needed to pee and you where so nice to not give me one real sporting from you and if i pee it cost me 30 seconds from my time so please stop

i can`t play at 10:00 in the morning  i give more time to play then you and i dont understand why you talk like this all sudden

There is nowhere written that he admits that he made the request on your move or he did not asked it before from chat.

He just admits that he asked a break to go toilet and  you where so nice to not give me one real sporting from you

Finally i want to say my personal opinion that when you accuse somebody for stalling you must play different and up to what kostas and papaflessas told me you play the same style and of course is your right.

Please finish your games and stop cause anymore troubles.

The "that's enough" is hilarious. Who are you??? Are you the owner of this place, are you a megapower, "Le Roi c'est moi"? I did nothing to offend anybody and yet you act like this.

1. been through that, nowhere there is the requirement of a screenshot if someone admits (and taht is quite normal in the real world as well)

2. I was talking about the fact that after the game HE filed some sort of protest against my way of playing after he did the same thing in 2 games (and as I said he did it in the first game while he was far ahead, although far being a captain or two, but still. I never complained about his styles or any other opponent's style. It was just too rich for me that after failing to win he started complaining behind my back. So that was the whole purpose of that sentence.

The pause break came BEFORE he was ahead, as I said I granted him 1 because we agreed to it beforehand and then the second one came without warning 10 minutes later on my turn. And frankly it doesn't matter when someone makes a pause request on someone elses turn, because the rules are quite simple, you just don't. So that is another invalid argument of yours. 

3. Ofcourse he did admit it, which I have to give him a lot of credit for, but if it is not clear enough for you he undoubtly take away any questions you have on this matter

So that leaves us with you personally knowing (maybe even liking) the guy and that excludes him of hving to follow the rules or being punished? In this case no pause request on opponents turn. You then better put it in the rules that instead of zero tolerance and everybody is equal, it all depends on who you know....

It is getting more interesting every time.

#48 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

As the committee decides to accept the defeat of Satan-NL (without screenshot -Manning2cruz-Satan-nl-, but simply because Satan has admitted that he missed and well done, so they must do now and by the time he admits the DK-But if conceded this"nuisance"- but not there's screenshot).

It is my opinion, and you're right the Maestro(if conceded this the DK"nuisance").

Dekaeneas-Spy ;)

Exactly or as they stated there: 

"Even though we had clearly stated in the rules screen shot needed to prove the winner of the match, "that was to assure that both players wouldn't declare they won and there would be no way for us to confirm who was telling the truth".  Satan openly declared he lost the match, and is being honest.  I applaud his honesty here.  Let us leave this manner to rest that Manning is the winner of Round 2 game 2,and wish him luck for the next round."

In other words if the rules say there is a screenshot needed to prove something (in that case the victory of M2C) that is not needed when the opponent admits that it did happen (and to be honest I can understand that, because two people saying the same thing is worth more)

In the DK-Maestro case the rules DON'T ask for a screenshot AND the opponent admitted that it happened and guess what instead of  "applauding the honesty" and DQ him as it should they do the complete opposite.

#49 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

I find it amazing that they don't get the REAL issue here and that is believability of the TC and (since it is almost the same group) also the JC.

In that M2C case Max Roelofs said : "We are not scared of manning2cruz becouse he is a big player. If he does not act according the rules, he will be disqualified from the tournament". 

KARAISKAKIS on DK: You want from us  to punish a well known fair player (in metaforge and in this site) as a cheater who tried to glitch your game

Rules are rules and we treat everybody equal vs (once again) the complete opposite...

You see the problem?

#50 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

The "that's enough" is hilarious. Who are you??? Are you the owner of this place, are you a megapower, "Le Roi c'est moi"? I did nothing to offend anybody and yet you act like this.

The Maestro, on 23 Nov 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:
Not so fast, you are (one again) completely ignoring and disrespecting me, your own rules and therefor the whole base of this game and community. That should not be happening..

You ask me to tell you who am I? I am not the owner of this site or a megapower. I am a strategolover who tries to make this place a paradise for our favorite sport. I am (with the help of few others) a person who spend a lot of his personal time to protect your gaming here from cheaters and give the community the fun of having in action such events . So wash your mouth before say that I ignore and disrepect the whole base of this game and community.

So that leaves us with you personally knowing (maybe even liking) the guy and that excludes him of hving to follow the rules or being punished? In this case no pause request on opponents turn. You then better put it in the rules that instead of zero tolerance and everybody is equal, it all depends on who you know....

Personal knowing to me was also papaflesas but I put the rules above our friendship and forced him to play from i-pad because you did not want to give him 20-25 min to find a pc. ( AND OF COURSE HE LOST THE GAME FROM DISCONNECTION)

It is getting more interesting every time.

• Dekaeneas-Spy and maxroelofs like this

#51 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

The tournament committee has five members.
Organizing the first tournament by great effort and should recognize all of us.
You certainly can not provide for all, but must comply with the rules he put on the proper conduct of the tournament.
For any matter arising decide all 5 members to vote.

Can three members to vote differently from other 2 and some players have the same view with 2 members.

The decision has been taken is that of three members and must accept in the other 2 members of the committee and all those that support the same with 2 members.

I ACCEPT the committee's decision regardless of whether i express  my disagreement their.

Μust all work together to we help even and with our disagreements the TC to we recognize the efforts being made.

Οf course it should and the TC, look carefully the different views of players to a better result in the future holds.

Dekaeneas-Spy

#52 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yo Maestro, what a soap is this!

You act like you know it's rigged,...so I've noticed kid

and as a lawyer I'm sure you have some devoted gifts

but now you rather sound like a sore loser so get over it!  ;)

Two games played and you're behind, do your emotions fit?

No, cuz' if your sportmanship just had grown a bit

then you'll see that Dutch Killers owned you, this...

means that you're behind so your complaints dude? Practically, they don't exist!  :D

You're claiming the rules are not clear but you know it's sjit

cuz' you compare it to basketball so it won't be Trickz...

claimin' that you don't know your bizz

since we all know it's the BEST OUT OF SEVEN to win and to own it quick!

Here it's the best out of three and after two games, your unzipped points have to open, ZIP

and only one game remains so you'd better focus kid!

Instead of provoking shifts,...

you need a good game to promote your gifts

and before you're gonna start about the play-offs and the ties that don't exist,

let's have a look at the rules so let's get it over with,...

Nowhere is it mentionned that a tie doesn't exist in the semi's so your hope is ripped

and that's why it's the best out of three,...

so stop whining and better show your gifts

and stop claimin' that Dutch Killers proposed a glitch

cuz' you can't show this pic

which means this claim is bogus kid!  ;)

Dutch Killers never admitted he tried to glitch you so your proof isn't kosjer, it's...

groce and sick that you accuse him as a cheater and a provoking snitch

but all it shows us kid,....

is that you don't have sportmanship, you're a clone of Trickz?! :D 

Well, at least I admit I'm bad in losing so my selfreflection is on the right tone, it fits

but you keep acting like the TC are a bunch of aliens who don't know the script!

Next time, you can make the rules juridically bulletproof and if not, then don't be pissed...

that another guy like you pops up who tries to blow the bliss!  :D

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#53 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

When we also came up with the idea of the best of 3 rules, I first proposed it and fashioned it after Chess.  When they play a world event, they play the best of 21 games I believe it is.  If you have two of the best chessmasters in the world playing, many of their games are draws.  They simply count that as a draw and move on to the next game, they don't keep replaying game number 2 because they had a draw.  If they had to replay game number "X" everytime they had a draw, the event would go on twice as long if not longer.  Many of the best chessmasters facing one another will most likely draw 1/2 of the time or more. 

I do realize when they do have a draw they get a 1/2 point each side so if we used the same model here then the current match would be 1 1/2 for Dutchkillers 1/2 for The Mastro.  Still the same result after match 3 if another draw happened, Dutchkiller would get 2 points to 1 point for The Mastro.  If The Mastro won the next game, score would be 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 and still a tied match and another game would need to be played.  Whether we count a draw as 0 or 1/2 point it doesn't really matter.

I also suggested best of 3 games because with the limited time our players have with different time zones and countries everyone is playing, it would be difficult for many players to do more than 3 games in a week.  As we are seeing with this match already, we are looking at next week to determine who will face Nortrom.  

#54 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hi Midnight,

Thanks for trying to explain your point of view on the 2 out o 3 rule.

First of all, I fully understand and appreciate all the efforts everybody is making to run a tourney or overseeing a site. I never suggested otherwise and am stricty talking (and wondering) about the way things are handeled. I think it is very important that people like me, Barbe, Spy and plenty of others should do that. I am pretty sure we are ALL stratego lovers, and that's also why there is NO reason to get personal or over-emotional (bringing it to a "friends this" and "knowing people that" level).

This site is just growing enormously and I guess that was exactly what was and is wanted. It is no longer, and hopefully will never be again, a relatively small group of people, playing eachother a lot and who knows even becoming (online) friends. Lots of people that were and are unknown to you will join this great site and play. That is exactly what happened to me. I have been playing this game since I was a little kid. I played chess even more (and on quite a high level, in my teens even qualifying and playing National championship tournees). One day I found out that one of my schoolfriends (and ultra smart guy with a sickening high IQ) was an avid stratego fan and we started playing. In fact there suddenly was a whole group and we were playing eachother regularly, but there was no doubt he was the best. I moved up "the ranks" and became his #1 contender forever. Infact that is still going on today, 30 years later. 

He told me years ago about Metaforge, but I didn't feel like it. I thought a PC version was nothing compared to the real life drama (and there was a lot of drama in many many games in my little strategoroom which they call The Warzone). He kept pushing me though and he had a point, since I spend a lot of time in the US and other places and he was sent to the Quasi Third World regularly. But it just looked like crap. He finally conviced me when he showed me stratego.com. It looked great and after a while I joined. I still have very little time but play when I can and so does he and some others we convinced joining.

Then we saw there was a tourney, and we all talked and all of them had excuses, time etc, maybe fear ;-) and I said. What the hell, I will join this thing. The rules are written out pretty good and now we can see what our outsiders level is. Then I ended up in some sort of smalltown political quicksand. Friends, people knowing eachother etc. Guys this is not a tourney for the little old time stratego village of family of friends, you are in a 2013 global place now and then rules is all you have and should have.

So if a rule says no pause breaks on an opponents move that's it. If you can only join with one account that's it (a guy using 3 accounts in one tourney because after the first game his first account suddenly didn't work anymore?, and the second also stopped working? and then playing with a name like The Prof, which if I am not wrong is the exact same name of a guy who is in the TC and voted to keep M2C in the tourney after using the Game Over name, did he actually vote on himself without other people knowing it is all the same person....oh well....typical small town nonsense in a universal world and unfit for a TC that should be above everything without any room for doubts etc. Same on the pause breaks (but been through that).

Then the best out of 3. The sad thing is that the tourney rules are pretty good because it clearly nullifies draws in rules 7 and doesn't say that this rules suddenly doesn't count when you reach final 4. And Midnight, as a lot of people (that are probably not belonging to the old gang) are trying to tell you guys there is no room for draws counting in a 2 out of 3, because it will kill the game that we ALL love (yes all the outsiders and new folks also love it, no less or more than the old village did).

As I said, I played chess for years and what finally did me in was all the draws and people just playing to get a draw and than hoping on a mistake etc. Stratego was (and is) a fresh game and I always tell anybody I can it is superior to chess. The stats prove my point. In chess topplayers have 70% or so draws and look at the stats of the people here. You hardly ever see a draw. So it makes no sense at all to have a stratego tourney modelled after a chess tourney because the reasons you gave are not there.

In fact your rules were great saying that in the event of a draw, it doesn't count and you should immediately play a rematch, no other date needed just continue. Now with this, in my eyes, rulechange to chess, you are creating your own monster, exactly what you don't like about chesstourneys, people will become defensive because you don't want to lose. As D-Spy said before, it is killing the game and there is no reason for it. 

• maxroelofs likes this

#55 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

dutchkillers did not give presence in the third game ( he had informed that it is not possible for him to play that time)http://www.webpagesc...699c01-02635589

So The Maestro wins the game , score is 1-1 and fourth game will be at 17.00 (dutch time).

In case there is no winner next game will be 30 min after.

#56 Barbe Noire

Barbe Noire

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot to Midnightguy and The Maestro for their last 2 posts. The tone used is perfect, no emotionals, no personal attacks, just well expressed opinions and clarifications. These posts should be a model in such cases of unclear interpretations of a rule.

As I said earlier the experience resulting from this first "World Stratego Online Championship" shall be used to improve rules for future tournament in order to avoide any such confusion. I would also recommend to TC to let the rules of next tournament to be legally checked prior they are published, so that the wordings does not allow for different interpretation. I would even suggest, if The Maestro agrees, to ask him to verify the text of the future rules. Beeing both a lawyer and Stratego fan I guess he just has the perfect profile for such job.

I would also recommend, for next tournament and general rules for online Stratego, to integrate the fact that playing online presents some clear differences versus when you play the board game face to face to your opponent. these differences should be somewhat recognized and integrated in the rules. On this subject see in particular the chat:

http://forum.strateg...board-stratego/

Have a good day :)

Napoleon Ier, Barbe Noire's father

#57 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

hi Barbe/Napoleon,

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly the way we should go, moving forward!

I am very willing to go through the rules for all feature events and maybe even other rules, so yes that sounds very well to me. I will not ask any fee for that either  ;) .

In further professionalizing this I would then also have a few more suggestions, one of which is that TC members shouldn't participate in the tourney. You can't be on both sides of the fence.  This time most of them played in the tourney and, as seen, that can result in very awkward situations. 

If a member of the TC wants to play in a tourney they should resign from TC for that moment and play. If the next tourney comes they can decide again what side they want to be on and it opens up spots for maybe new talent to be on the TC. 

#58 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

well it IS a problem and a big one.

When I joined this site, I did this for very simple reasons. Playing one of my favourite games, and hopefully against players that can up my skills,  I don't care about ratings and ranks, All I want is a fun and fair game, with mutual respect. After losing a few winning games without understanding why I could not move my pieces anymore or just ending up in the login screen I discovered the forum and read about the pause/tie glitch and understood what happened / is happening. 

Then I saw the announcement of the tourney and I joined it immediately, for the exact same reasons as I gave above for joining the site. Now I would for sure play at least one game against a good player and there was zero risk of disrespect, glitching etc since the rules were/are very clear.

To be honest, it didn't go very smooth. The second round I played a guy who decided to go on a business trip, leaving me ONE day and also only ONE time that day to play. Then he showed up late and asked for another delay, because "he had to take the subway through Manhattan to the other side of town to go and look for a PC". Incredible stuff.

The third round went better, although again I WAS TOLD the exact time of the next game because that was "the only moment"my opponent could play. 

I made it to the final 4, hoping to get THE MAN, the (former?) world champ Nortrom. Lucky Papa pulled one of his amazing tricks by beating M2C and that changed things, because he was even lower ranked than me ;-) (Go Lucky Go, you know you have all my sympathy and I hope you win the entire thing!). 

So I get Dutchkillers in the semi-finals and he is very high ranked so I am happy. We are only 2 games in (only one counting according to the rules) and this EVERYTHING I didn't expect about a nice and fair tourney.

Game One: although far ahead DK starts moving circles with 3 pieces for close to 30 minutes, Also suddenly ON MY TURN he requsest a break. No chat asking for it just a request. ON MY TURN. It was very very close to a glitch.

9) There will be no glitching allowed during the match, anyone caught cheating during the match will have their rating reset as a first offense to cheating on our site prescribed by the Tournament Committee and you will be disqualified from the event and any future events.   

I asked him after the match why he played so slow and was running circles and he just said: "well I was ahead and I don't care how long it takes then, as long as I am ahead". I also asked about his almost glitch and he just said "yeah I really had to take a piss badly". 

The second game he had more fun in store. He started chasing a scout for over 40 minutes (yes FOURTY). In the end I just gave that piece up and again he started moving circles, I tried to free up some of my lower pieces so I could use them, by putting some pressure with a major. I did that for 3 minutes and it didn't work. (After MORE THAN 2 hours) we ended up a draw.

In the chat DK told me he forgot to take the screenshot of the end screen (luckily I did) and told me to put it up . "Post it!"  We talked about when we could play again and I mentioned I could not play Fridaynight (I told him that earlier this week as well) and he came up with Saturday and I told him I had to doublecheck on the time. In the meanwhile I received a chat from Karaiskakis, who told me that since it was draw we had to play again immediately if possible, but apparantly DK couldn't and he asked for a Saturday match.

These chats are going on at the same time. Karaiskakis also suddenly tells/orders me to play the next game without chasing. WHAT???? Turned out DK, while chitchatting with me (and me putting up the sreenshot he "missed"), filed a complaint or something about that major moving around after chasing me for over 40 mintes this game and a long time the other game.

Then to top it all off, although the rules are clear that a draw doesn't count and calls for an immediate rematch, I am first put in a position that a draw will have him win the series and after apparantly hours of thinking about this, a "we will see after the match".

Guys, please get your act together. I am playing a guy that spent over 90 minutes of mostly stalling in the first game when "trying to win", then over 2 hours in his second game, so how do you think he will play the third game if now suddenly he has to only get a draw...That is exactly why also in the future it should always be 2 WINS, since the object of this game is to win and the 2 out of 3 is just to factor out a lucky shot, so in the end the "right" person wins. 

I suggested a saturday 10.00 match since we will have all day to play the rematch of the 2nd game and if needed more rematches or a third game. Now he also rejects that time and says that a draw is enough, which to me confirms that I am in for another long stalling match.

So yes there are plenty of problems now....all the reasons I joined (and that should be the only reasons for ANY people to play here) are gone: fun / fair game games (well certainly not this round), with no Glitching attemps (he did that as well as mentioned), clear rules and respect.

well it IS a problem and a big one.

When I joined this site, I did this for very simple reasons. Playing one of my favourite games, and hopefully against players that can up my skills,  I don't care about ratings and ranks, All I want is a fun and fair game, with mutual respect. After losing a few winning games without understanding why I could not move my pieces anymore or just ending up in the login screen I discovered the forum and read about the pause/tie glitch and understood what happened / is happening. 

Then I saw the announcement of the tourney and I joined it immediately, for the exact same reasons as I gave above for joining the site. Now I would for sure play at least one game against a good player and there was zero risk of disrespect, glitching etc since the rules were/are very clear.

To be honest, it didn't go very smooth. The second round I played a guy who decided to go on a business trip, leaving me ONE day and also only ONE time that day to play. Then he showed up late and asked for another delay, because "he had to take the subway through Manhattan to the other side of town to go and look for a PC". Incredible stuff.

The third round went better, although again I WAS TOLD the exact time of the next game because that was "the only moment"my opponent could play. 

I made it to the final 4, hoping to get THE MAN, the (former?) world champ Nortrom. Lucky Papa pulled one of his amazing tricks by beating M2C and that changed things, because he was even lower ranked than me ;-) (Go Lucky Go, you know you have all my sympathy and I hope you win the entire thing!). 

So I get Dutchkillers in the semi-finals and he is very high ranked so I am happy. We are only 2 games in (only one counting according to the rules) and this EVERYTHING I didn't expect about a nice and fair tourney.

Game One: although far ahead DK starts moving circles with 3 pieces for close to 30 minutes, Also suddenly ON MY TURN he requsest a break. No chat asking for it just a request. ON MY TURN. It was very very close to a glitch.

9) There will be no glitching allowed during the match, anyone caught cheating during the match will have their rating reset as a first offense to cheating on our site prescribed by the Tournament Committee and you will be disqualified from the event and any future events.   

I asked him after the match why he played so slow and was running circles and he just said: "well I was ahead and I don't care how long it takes then, as long as I am ahead". I also asked about his almost glitch and he just said "yeah I really had to take a piss badly". 

The second game he had more fun in store. He started chasing a scout for over 40 minutes (yes FOURTY). In the end I just gave that piece up and again he started moving circles, I tried to free up some of my lower pieces so I could use them, by putting some pressure with a major. I did that for 3 minutes and it didn't work. (After MORE THAN 2 hours) we ended up a draw.

In the chat DK told me he forgot to take the screenshot of the end screen (luckily I did) and told me to put it up . "Post it!"  We talked about when we could play again and I mentioned I could not play Fridaynight (I told him that earlier this week as well) and he came up with Saturday and I told him I had to doublecheck on the time. In the meanwhile I received a chat from Karaiskakis, who told me that since it was draw we had to play again immediately if possible, but apparantly DK couldn't and he asked for a Saturday match.

These chats are going on at the same time. Karaiskakis also suddenly tells/orders me to play the next game without chasing. WHAT???? Turned out DK, while chitchatting with me (and me putting up the sreenshot he "missed"), filed a complaint or something about that major moving around after chasing me for over 40 mintes this game and a long time the other game.

Then to top it all off, although the rules are clear that a draw doesn't count and calls for an immediate rematch, I am first put in a position that a draw will have him win the series and after apparantly hours of thinking about this, a "we will see after the match".

Guys, please get your act together. I am playing a guy that spent over 90 minutes of mostly stalling in the first game when "trying to win", then over 2 hours in his second game, so how do you think he will play the third game if now suddenly he has to only get a draw...That is exactly why also in the future it should always be 2 WINS, since the object of this game is to win and the 2 out of 3 is just to factor out a lucky shot, so in the end the "right" person wins. 

I suggested a saturday 10.00 match since we will have all day to play the rematch of the 2nd game and if needed more rematches or a third game. Now he also rejects that time and says that a draw is enough, which to me confirms that I am in for another long stalling match.

So yes there are plenty of problems now....all the reasons I joined (and that should be the only reasons for ANY people to play here) are gone: fun / fair game games (well certainly not this round), with no Glitching attemps (he did that as well as mentioned), clear rules and respect.

If you or anyone else has issues with a player's play (as in a potential violation of rules), then take a series of screenshots and either post them herein or email them to the Tournament Committee or Justice Committee (one email is learningthisgame@gmail.com). 

Without tangible evidence, there is not much that can be done in fairness to all.

How can I help you?

#59 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

If a member of the TC wants to play in a tourney they should resign from TC for that moment and play. If the next tourney comes they can decide again what side they want to be on and it opens up spots for maybe new talent to be on the TC. 

I agree this would be the ideal situation. However, we just don't have enough qualified volunteer arbiters/tournament committee people willing not to play in the tournament also. Perhaps over time we will build a deep enough base, but for now we will have to work with what we have at our disposal. I agree that, as much as possible, TC members should recuse themselves in areas where a conflict arises. For the most part, I feel they have done so to date.

-LTG
(not a TC member)

How can I help you?

#60 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:28 PM