kvnvnwelt

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

hi guys, i`m an active player of multiple online games. and i wonder how you guys would think about a spectater mode.

ofcourse the first reaction could.would be: what about people who watch games of friends to give them tips but there can be a solution to this.

- you could make sure that the spectater is 3 minuts behind in the real time so that current locations can not be reveiled.

- only enemy pieces that have been revieled will be seen by the spectater.

- the spectater can not see anything from the the setups he just has to watch to see what happens.

this spectater mode can be usefull to either learn from better players, see how different tactics/setups are used. and to kill some time in between games if you want a moment for yourself after losing a game. or if you are waiting for a friend to either finish or give him/her feedback on the gameplay.

i would love to hear your opinions.

greetings - kvnvnwelt.
  • Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#2 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

hi guys, i`m an active player of multiple online games. and i wonder how you guys would think about a spectater mode.

ofcourse the first reaction could.would be: what about people who watch games of friends to give them tips but there can be a solution to this.

- you could make sure that the spectater is 3 minuts behind in the real time so that current locations can not be reveiled.

- only enemy pieces that have been revieled will be seen by the spectater.

- the spectater can not see anything from the the setups he just has to watch to see what happens.

this spectater mode can be usefull to either learn from better players, see how different tactics/setups are used. and to kill some time in between games if you want a moment for yourself after losing a game. or if you are waiting for a friend to either finish or give him/her feedback on the gameplay.

i would love to hear your opinions.

greetings - kvnvnwelt.

It's a great idea, in my opinion, and one I would love to see in the future. At present, there aren't the programming resources to implement such functionality, though. Perhaps sometime in the near future...

• kvnvnwelt likes this
How can I help you?

#3 kvnvnwelt

kvnvnwelt

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

It's a great idea, in my opinion, and one I would love to see in the future. At present, there aren't the programming resources to implement such functionality, though. Perhaps sometime in the near future...

i understand but i hope the idea will stick around for the future. besides if possible i`ld like to help and have some ideas about getting the funds that are either needed to keep the game running or for further development. contact me for further information on my email. ask me the email in a p.m. or check it in the system if possible.
  • Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#4 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

It's outside the box kinda of thinking and I like it but, of course BOTH players of the game would have to agree to allow any watchers to the match.  I know some of our hardcore players wouldn't appreciate this idea, because they don't people watching how they play.  

#5 kvnvnwelt

kvnvnwelt

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

It's outside the box kinda of thinking and I like it but, of course BOTH players of the game would have to agree to allow any watchers to the match.  I know some of our hardcore players wouldn't appreciate this idea, because they don't people watching how they play.

that`s true, you could implement a checkbox in witch they can allow or not allow any spectaters. this is always optional for players who don`t want others to see/know their tactics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users