Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Here you can write about what has happened to us in games
If you reviling him, if you have been treated unfairly, If you are seeing in Site something we do not like and want to be corrected.

#2 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Loses reliability, the tournament committee.
Big mistake but also unfair (some players not able to play the games and they were excluded. While others qualified for the next round and continue)

The game manning2cruz-satan-NL never happened. There is no scsreenshot -manning2cruz-satan-NL-.

But the Commission without doing this game, announced the winner the manning2cruz.

You have shown us the this screenshot   http://img708.images...8/7330/n3x3.png.

The Dekaeneas-Spy will not participate in the next tournament.(nor with other accounts).

Karen,  would like to see this issue because it is very serious and some want to go to fast and not to talk about this game (midnigitguy). Please, this decision will have to reviewed in because it will bring negative results in next tournament.

Thank you

Dekaeneas-Spy

#3 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

http://img708.images...8/7330/n3x3.png.

I ask all members of the forum (and let us not participated in the tournament)
answer me if this the screenshot shows that have played the manning2cruz with Satan-NL.

Please give your opinion .

Thank you.

Dekaeneas-Spy

#4 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Deat Dekaeneas-Spy,

I can see you are not satifsfies with the way things went so far in the tournament. Let me make sure you realise one thing before I will take responsibility for what the committee did. The tournament committee is just trying to organise a good tournament for everybody and we want to avoid trouble as much as possible, since the main reason we organise it is to have fun here on this site. Though, when something strange happens, like this case you talk about with manning2cruz vs Satan-NL, the tournament needs to make a decision. This is not a decision made by a program, neither some dictatorship on a throne. The tournament committee has five members and we have a discussion first, after that we vote for what we think is the best thing to do. Me myself voted to let manning pass to the next round, though I see a problem in this.

Manning played the game with Satan, but on another account named GameOver. When they wanted to start the game, the game would not let them play, some sort of bug would not let them send any requests, that is the reason why manning played on his other account.

I can see you have trouble with this, though your argumentation is not right on some points. The players we excluded from the tournament were the players who did not show up during the planned time of the battle. Satan declared his loss and that is what made me take the decision a took. We do not have any reason not to believe Manning did not beat Satan, since Satan declared his loss. In future tournaments this could cause trouble and that is the reason we changed the rules there a little bit. In this case it is actually clear: Manning beat Satan, but manning played on his other account. It is not stated in the rules that this is illegal so far that reason we did not disqualify him from the tournament.

If you decide not to participate in the next tournament, that will be a pitty for us. We are trying to make decisions are fair as we can, and this one was difficult but we came to a solution.

Greetz,

Maxroelofs

• Midnightguy and LearningThisGame like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#5 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Dear maxroelofs

maxroelofs:Manning played the game with Satan, but on another account named GameOver.

Dekaeneas-Spy:   this is prohibited by Regulation 2

Regulation 2

(JC->2) Only one (1) account her household ISP may enter.  Site Admin will check ISP's to assure no multiple account holders can enter the event.  If multiple ISP has been discovered, both names will be disqualified from the event and the next highest ranked player 33 and 34 will be allowed to enter the event.    If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and be discovered he will be punished with banning from future tournoua and also account reset of his most high rank account.)

Dekaeneas-Spy: GAMEOVER  not register for the tournament. Μanning2cruz the register to participate.

This is screenshot  http://img708.images...8/7330/n3x3.png . Why not apply the regulation that speaks to multiple accounts?

looks clean(GAMEOVER_Manning2cruz).Satan-NL lost from the second account manning2cruz(GAMEOVER). JC is there in list the player GAMEOVER?

KARAISKAKIS

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

32 players qualify for the first round

• Midnightguy -554
  • KARAISKAKIS -756
  • morgancapecod -530
  • gkaros -873
  • maxroelofs -630
  • Papaflesas 1821 -249
  • LuckyPapa - 474
  • Satan-NL - 1085
  • Dekaeneas-Spy  -754
  • Kabal  -707
  • LearningThisGame -424
  • Losermaker- 766
  • SEKERTZISS- 727
  • LT.james -530
  • KingTubby -743
  • Jens14 - 442
  • chefwd76   - 344
  • Lord_AvS - 520
  • The Maestro - 542
  • dutchkillers - 766
  • Lt.Jones - 600
  • Barbe Noire - 498
  • Manning2cruz - 899
  • ima - 419
  • The Marshall - 327
  • KING JT - 284
  • Gavkosh - 846
  • kostas2506 - 552
  • Vohtheia - 756
  • Lucretius - 772
  • Wonky - 750
  • Nortrom - 860

Maxroelfs:When they wanted to start the game, the game would not let them play, some sort of bug would not let them send any requests, that is the reason why manning played on his other account.

Dekaeneas-Spy:These are excuses (why not mention it in forum when this happened?)

Where to find fault in what I say?

I would be honored you say the truth. Yes we did wrong and fix it.
but the manning said he is the best player 2 -3 and you are fearful.
of those who are still in the tournament, and sekertzis are big player (the forgotten manning2cruz)
and I yell and I the law, I was 3rd in metaforge 2/2012 over manning2cruz. But not with a view to better beware.

with luckypapa Who will play the manning2cruz or wildcard(GAMEOVER)?

You got scared and I'm so sorry!!!  

Dekaeneas-Spy

#6 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

maxroelfs:The players we excluded from the tournament were the players who did not show up during the planned time of the battle.

Dekaneas-Spy: I agree with you maxroelfs. As the manning2cruz with Satan-NL was not on time.
WAS; PROVE IT. There is no I repeat until you understand it, game manning2cruz-Satan-NL.

thank you

#7 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Dear Dekaeneas-Spy,

As I said i understand you make a point out of this, though, I would like you to try to undetstand the committee too and speak to us with respect, we are no devils.

We are not scared of manning2cruz becouse he is a big player. If he does not act according the rules, he will be disqualified from the tournament.

The rule sais:

If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and be discovered he will be punished with banning from future tournoua and also account reset of his most high rank account.

The question here is: when does a player participate with more than one account? There are two options:

1: A player participated with more than one account when he signs up for the tournament with more than one account.

2: A player participated with more than one account when he played the game with another account he signed up with.

The Rules are not very clear here, a mistake we admitted and will correct for the next tournament. As we discussed this we decided not to disqualify manning becouse he did not sign up with two accounts. We can apply example 1 here, example 2 is what happened with manning. In the rules it never stated clearly that a player must play the game with the account he signed up with. As I said: We will correct this for next tournaments so this will not give any trouble in the future.

Greetz,

Maxroelofs

• Midnightguy likes this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#8 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Guys,

I don't want a free way to the next round.
I want to play against M2C beause I think it will be a great experience for me (and hopefully also for M2C)
I think Dekaeneas you are like Don Quichot, it leads to nothing and it doesn't help anyone, so please let it rest.
I am convinced M2C has had troubles with his first account.
I agree with Max, next tournament rules will be made more clear and all the imperfections will be removed or clarified.

So, let us play on and enjoy this great event. The organizers have spent a lot of time and energy in this. Let us be thankful for this!

Lucky

• maxroelofs likes this

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#9 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

@Dekaeneas : You're a great dude but I think you are WAY WRONG here, completely!

Midnightguy and Max have both explained WHY it's still valid that Manning goes through to the next round.

You act like Manning has committed a very serious crime or something,......that's just BS.

It's stated in the rules that you can't participate with TWO accounts but it's NOWHERE stated that you can't play the match with another account than the one you registered with so that's a mistake of the JC who made the rules.

Midnight openly admitted this mistake.

Besides that, why would Satan lie about his lost match?

The guy is competitive as f.....so the last thing he wants to admit is that he lost a game right?

Well, he lost straight up and he admits it too.  Then why all the fuzz about it?

You're sounding like a sore loser while I know that you are NOT like that.

Everybody's goal for this tournament was to have FUN.

Satan won against you and you posted the screenshot (while it was not your job), I did the same with Manning,....

so according to the rules that's also illegal but it has no worth to constantly nag about it.

Yes, the rules were not hundred percent bulletproof, it's the first organized tournament.

We can improve that with the next event but it's really your decision if you don't want to participate in next events.

Like you never make a mistake?  Come on dude, lighten up,....and don't ruin this tournament.

Btw, I do believe Manning with this bug issue,....it is possible and then he had to play with another account but it was with the approval of Satan and Satan himself admitted he lost plus there was a screenshot after all so what's the problem then????

In Dutch we have a word for people like you Dekaeneas,.....and no, it's not an insult.

It's a word used for someone who nags about too much little details which are not important at all.

You're a MUGGENZIFTER :P

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#10 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Dear maxroelfs

Maxroelfs:If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and be discovered he will be punished with banning from future tournoua and also account reset of his most high rank account.

Dekaeneas-Spy: it clearly says the rule "If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts".

1ο ROUND  kabal-manning2cruz    -     2o ROUND  satan-NL-GAMEOVER(Manning2cruz) 

There is Second participation of manning2cruz as GAMEOVER.

Τhe rule does not mention whether participation is when the player made ​​a statement or during the tournament. surprises me because it is very easy to understand and do not understand. Believe you hiding and looking for something to find to not punish them.That's why you say  an error was made, found it difficult to we decide, but from the next tournament we will fix.

i am sorry

Dekaeneas-Spy

#11 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Guy's

I don't want a free way to the next round.
I want to play against M2C beause I think it will be a great experience for me (and hopefully also for M2C)
I think Dekaeneas you are like Don Quichot, it leads to nothing and it doesn't help anyone, so please let it rest.
I am convinced M2C has had troubles with his first account.
I agree with Max, next tournament rules will be made more clear and all the imperfections will be removed or clarified.

So, let us play on and enjoy this great event. The organizers have spent a lot of time and energy in this. Let us be thankful for this!

Lucky

yes,  the organizers have spent a lot of time and energy in this but should decide and correct, and not as it suits them as the case.

Lucky, you told me personally that I'm right in what I say on this subject.now you say we do not talk order to rest?

Sorry, you got tired and you will have potential to play. :D

#12 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

@Dekaeneas : You're a great dude but I think you are WAY WRONG here, completely!

Midnightguy and Max have both explained WHY it's still valid that Manning goes through to the next round.

You act like Manning has committed a very serious crime or something,......that's just BS.

It's stated in the rules that you can't participate with TWO accounts but it's NOWHERE stated that you can't play the match with another account than the one you registered with so that's a mistake of the JC who made the rules.

Midnight openly admitted this mistake.

Besides that, why would Satan lie about his lost match?

The guy is competitive as f.....so the last thing he wants to admit is that he lost a game right?

Well, he lost straight up and he admits it too.  Then why all the fuzz about it?

You're sounding like a sore loser while I know that you are NOT like that.

Everybody's goal for this tournament was to have FUN.

Satan won against you and you posted the screenshot (while it was not your job), I did the same with Manning,....

so according to the rules that's also illegal but it has no worth to constantly nag about it.

Yes, the rules were not hundred percent bulletproof, it's the first organized tournament.

We can improve that with the next event but it's really your decision if you don't want to participate in next events.

Like you never make a mistake?  Come on dude, lighten up,....and don't ruin this tournament.

Btw, I do believe Manning with this bug issue,....it is possible and then he had to play with another account but it was with the approval of Satan and Satan himself admitted he lost plus there was a screenshot after all so what's the problem then????

In Dutch we have a word for people like you Dekaeneas,.....and no, it's not an insult.

It's a word used for someone who nags about too much little details which are not important at all.

You're a MUGGENZIFTER :P

If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and be discovered he will be punished with banning from future tournoua and also account reset of his most high rank account.

Dekaeneas-Spy: it clearly says the rule "If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts".

Τhe rule does not mention whether participation is when the player made ​​a statement or during the tournament. surprises me because it is very easy to understand and do not understand.

Τrickz: Come on dude, lighten up,....and don't ruin this tournament.

Dekaeneas-Spy:I am very relaxed my friend, and I do not want to spoil the tournament. Others have done wrong and creates a situation you too support them unfairly. Unfortunately I'm only me in this endeavor I do.

Trickz: Btw, I do believe Manning with this bug issue,....it is possible and then he had to play with another account but it was with the approval of Satan and Satan himself admitted he lost plus there was a screenshot after all so what's the problem then????

Dekaeneas-Spy:so you believe.Can you prove it? what I have written I have proof.

#13 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 876 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts

Means / implies that:

You can not participate twice in the same tournament. M2C played with a different account, but did not have two seats in the tournament.

M2C said that this was done because of a system error. Do not blame the players for working around this.

• Midnightguy likes this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#14 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Means / implies that:

You can not participate twice in the same tournament. M2C played with a different account, but did not have two seats in the tournament.

Yup, what Nortrom says.

He didn't participate twice in the tournament cuz' Game Over never registrated for the tournament in the first place.

Thanks to the bug he couldn't play with his Manning-account, and then what?  Then he should be disqualified because of a bug suddenly?  No, he found another way to get the match done and he didn't have two names while registrating so it's perfectly legal.

Everybody's fine with this decision except you,...............so if only you disagree and all the rest doesn't,........that means.....

well, that means you know you're wrong :)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#15 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Dear maxroelfs

Maxroelfs:If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and be discovered he will be punished with banning from future tournoua and also account reset of his most high rank account.

Τhe rule does not mention whether participation is when the player made ​​a statement or during the tournament. surprises me because it is very easy to understand and do not understand. Believe you hiding and looking for something to find to not punish them.That's why you say  an error was made, found it difficult to we decide, but from the next tournament we will fix.

i am sorry

Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy,

That rule is conventionally understood to prohibit a player from taking two or  more spots in a tournament. It does not prevent someone from using a different account in a case of technical trouble as they are still participating only once in the tournament. You misunderstand what "participate" means in this case. 

I agree that it would have been better to have found an alternative solution, but I think to be honest you are reading more trouble into the situation than exists.

Are you concerned that Manning2Cruz and SATAN-NL fabricated the result of their games? Are you accusing them of lying?

How can I help you?

#16 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Means / implies that:

M2C said that this was done because of a system error. Do not blame the players for working around this.

it is not so Νortrom.

if he lost the GAMEOVER from Satan and not confessed, what the Commission would do?
will have a problem nortrom. That's why I'm so cautious and insists that we punish players who do not play by the rules. This is why we should not play with other accounts you had a problem with the system manning2cruz had to report at forum and not 
do 4 days to send screenshot Under pressure from the committee members.

Dekaeneas-Spy

#17 Hielco

Hielco

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

not everyone is a cheater

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 876 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I agree that the players should have taken a screen of chat or posted in forum, before playing, but what's done is done.

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#19 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Dekaeneas-Spy,

That rule is conventionally understood to prohibit a player from taking two or  more spots in a tournament. It does not prevent someone from using a different account in a case of technical trouble as they are still participating only once in the tournament. You misunderstand what "participate" means in this case. 

I agree that it would have been better to have found an alternative solution, but I think to be honest you are reading more trouble into the situation than exists.

Are you concerned that Manning2Cruz and SATAN-NL fabricated the result of their games? Are you accusing them of lying?

Ιf had a problem with the system manning2cruz had to report at forum and not do 4 days to send screenshot Under pressure from the committee members.

My friend have nothing to manning2cruz and Satan-NL. And my best friend have been even my son would say the same I talk frankly.

Βut you all the see detail them all, better to shout me now and you say what is this Dekaeneas-Spy from not being able to continue to play clean with consistence in rules in the next tournament.

Dekaeneas-Spy

#20 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

I agree that the players should have taken a screen of chat or posted in forum, before playing, but what's done is done.

well done Nortrom.

I agree that the players should have taken a screen of chat or posted in forum, before playing.

Dekaeneas-Spy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users