Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

that is Cheryl 'Cole up above?

Where are the low ranked silver players between 612 #250, and 600 - highest bronze?

appear to be missing.

x.x.\\//sx\\. ???????????? is missing

#63 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

"Pathetic ego" ?

really spiff ?

about hielco and me you are wrong spiff, and you obviously knows that

do you really think hielco needs to protect is main account ?

he is #1 at meta, and #1 here, why should he be afraid ?

we just want to take many spots in top 10, so people (rankers !!) will starts talking (just like you did ;-) and understand the actual system is stupid

1. multiple accounts should not be allowed or should be revealed in an alphabetical post

2. you should not stay in ranks whithout playing enough games/months (10, 5, or 1 i don't care, but it should be at least 1 game/month)

No ambush from me, i have 3 accounts Sohal, Cosinus and Sinus

#64 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

and if you look in the forum you'll find a post of mine where i was asking to remove from rankings people who are not playing anymore

Sohal

Advanced Member

• Decal029.png
  • rank18.png

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

can't quote satan's post, about sitters, but i'm answering about that post ;

Yeah, what about removing ALL players 1 point/day or week.

Sitters who are not going to play one single game anymore with their accounts will go down slowly but surely.

That would sucks a lot if SATAN-NL would stop playing and would sit the first spot for the next 15 years.

Good luck to go there (1065 points)  with people becoming better at the game.

I know HE would not, just an example, but some others would (Mission_Wait_and_do_nothing from meta for example)

#65 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

"Pathetic ego" ?

really spiff ?

about hielco and me you are wrong spiff, and you obviously knows that

do you really think hielco needs to protect is main account ?

he is #1 at meta, and #1 here, why should he be afraid ?

we just want to take many spots in top 10, so people (rankers !!) will starts talking (just like you did ;-) and understand the actual system is stupid

1. multiple accounts should not be allowed or should be revealed in an alphabetical post

2. you should not stay in ranks whithout playing enough games/months (10, 5, or 1 i don't care, but it should be at least 1 game/month)

No ambush from me, i have 3 accounts Sohal, Cosinus and Sinus

We all know that the system of ranking in the original leaderboards actually is ''stupid'' and guides people having multiple accounts and also promote ranksitters.

Actually it was me who first time mentioned this problem and asked to be changed (8 months ago) http://forum.strateg...findpost&p=3594

''I think that one solution to see more players in the ranks could be to delete all these accounts e.g.simply the best , boot1 ,SS, SSyo, to the top  etc,  which are the last months no active. Every player must have at least few games played every month (5  or 10) if he wants to be ranked.''

After giving the solution to the major problem of tie-request problem we work in other matters and we ask to be solved. I believe and I hope that soon we will have changes. ;)

Have patience please.

#66 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

''I think that one solution to see more players in the ranks could be to delete all these accounts e.g.simply the best , boot1 ,SS, SSyo, to the top  etc,  which are the last months no active. Every player must have at least few games played every month (5  or 10) if he wants to be ranked.''

Karaiskakis,  I would hope we don't set the game threshold at even 5.  Even if we're just simply hiding those rank sitters who fail to play the minimum number of games, I think that 1-2 games would be sufficient.  At least as a start.  Once the programming is in place to hide the inactive players from the leaderboards, then it would be a simple matter to adjust our threshold number if desired.

But a smaller number would be conservative to start.  We've certainly lived with "0" long enough.  1-2 games now would be adequately refreshing, I think. 

To a more comprehensive issue, I really think we should work in a unified ranking board into the programming changes after glitches and auto draw are addressed.  

GLS  

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#67 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Dear Stratego fan friends,

I like a lot all the great ideas, the proposals, the share of opinions and above all the very perceivable passion that all participants to this highly interesting forum are bringing. This shows an extremely strong interest from many different people from all over the world to see this website getting improved and beeing given a clear future. Even if it seems that the owners of this website have some capacity issues with programming/IT resources, possibly also with financing, I believe we all lovers of this wonderful website shall get unified, proactive and constructive. Because, as in a democracy, you will never have 100% of the people agreeing with one single opinion I suggest we proceed by identifying which ideas are gathering a majority of agreeing opinions and this for each proposed action to improve this website.

Napoleon 1er

Napoleon1er, I posted a similar thread here:  http://forum.strateg...amming-changes/

I got some responses there.  It is a good idea to have changes cohesively put together.  One that I would add right here and now would be for Moderators to act as ORGANIZERS of the FORUMS.  The fact that you and I both posted something so similar is not at all a new thing here.  There've been many duplications since I've been a member.  As Solomon once truly said, "There's nothing new under the sun."  

I think that everyone is in agreement about glitches being number 1 and Auto Draw number 2.  To make it easier on me I'm just going to paste my entire other post below.

GLS

--------------------

Here's my list:

1. Auto Draw after X number of moves (latest consensus was 200 moves per player without a capture) 
  2. Give three brief (30-120 sec.) "timeouts" to each player per game.  These would NOT   require opponent permission.  They would be akin to timeouts in most any sport. They could be taken at any time by either player.
  3. Limit draw requests to one's turn only, and putting a cap of five-ten requests per player per game.  TRUE fix is #1 above! Done
  4. Remove Leader Board "sitters" after one month. Player rank would never be lost, though.
  5. Combine all Leader Boards into one unified Ranking Board that has every ACTIVE player listed (who is 251st Silver and lower today?)
  6. Hot button link on game screen for Google Translate so we can talk to each other easier.
  7. Hot button for taking screenshots to make that easier, with tools to blank out one's material information and to upload to admins or J.C.
  8. Enact the 3/4 plan for the 2 Square rule for a two month test period next year after any first of the year tourney.  
  9. Make Leader Board flags give country name when hovered over, to make things more interesting.  Few will know what countries all the flags represent.
  10. Make piece captured/lost information start off colored and then shade to gray as each piece is captured or lost. This would be more intuitive as when all pieces are alive everything should be at its most vibrant color, and then fade to an increasingly gray death as pieces of that rank are captured or lost.
  11. Statistical information showing player vs player records, last ten games played, and more.  Put this information on a player's profile page.  Maybe the computer could tell you your record against an opponent once it pairs you up for a game.
  12. Put a "Hot Players This Week" bar/button on the profile page.  When clicked this would show the hottest winning percentages for that week.  Anyone at any rank could qualify if they played ten games. The button would reset on Sundays.
  13. Ban multiple accounts just as the rules of the website stipulate we should do.
  14. Allow Silver players to reject one match per day that the computer gives them as a privilege for their lofty rank.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#68 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Limit draw requests to one's turn only, and putting a cap of five-ten requests per player per game.  TRUE fix is #1 above!

You can remove this from you list GLS . There is  limitation of draw and break requests to one's  turn only and after that ( 2 weeks ago) there was no report for ghlitcers. ;)

• GaryLShelton likes this

#69 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

You can remove this from you list GLS . There is  limitation of draw and break requests to one's  turn only and after that ( 2 weeks ago) there was no report for ghlitcers. ;)

I'm sorry, K, that's great.  I did see today that you posted this announcement somewhere.  So yes, strike that from my list.  It is a major repair if it indeed has fixed the draw/pause button problems.  

GLS

#70 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Karaiskakis,

Where Is Ya Flag contributed the following in the other thread I started.  I've cut and pasted his programming suggestions below:

-----------------------------

Where Is Ya Flag said:

Add:

- Sci-Fi game mode

- Quick game leaderboards

- Spectate mode (would be great agains cheaters/runners

I would also like to add this:

The chatbox should still be there when a game is over, untill you press the yellow button at the games summary (can't remember what is be said there)

How often did you had a hard game with a kind opponent but can't read what one of us was saying after the summary pop-up.

-------------------------------

I thought these were interesting ideas as well.  I especially like the separate Quickgame leaderboards, and the last item about the chatbox hanging around.  It would indeed be nice to be able to talk a while with someone I've just played immediately after the game.  

GLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users