Photo

Game error - victory gives me -20 points ? Cause possibly identified...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

While I was logged into Stratego.com, my Internet connection dropped momentarily for a couple of minutes and then resumed. The game notified me of the Internet connection drop and also of the Internet connection restore. I resumed play and started up a game which I won decisively but received -20 points (screenshot emailed upon request). This is at least the 2nd time this has happened under these circumstances. I think something that changed in the game state when my Internet connection dropped wasn't restored properly and is causing these point calculation errors.

Please credit my rating 20 rating points due to this error and notify me upon completion.

Thanks,

SpacemenSpiff

#2 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Spiff were you in a game when your connection was lost the first time?  If so did you finish the game?  If you did not finish the game after your disconnect, that is why the -22 to your rating on the next match.  You left the first game but, the results were not recorded yet towards your rating and after the next game you won, it figured out what the value of the previous match was and subtracted it from the win you had.  

#3 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

No, there were no other games. The Internet disconnect/reconnect happened while the game was idle and I was doing something else so nothing to do with the scenario you described related to any previous games.

#4 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

No, there were no other games. The Internet disconnect/reconnect happened while the game was idle and I was doing something else so nothing to do with the scenario you described related to any previous games.

Just to be clear, you were playing Game A. You got disconnected. When you relogged in, did you start Game B and then, after winning Game B, find you lost ~20 points?

How can I help you?

#5 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

We are NOT clear here - when I say "login session", that means that I entered my email/password and got connected to Stratego.com -- that's it. As if I were planning to play but got distracted by some other website on another tab of my browser and never started a game but the Stratego.com tab remained active and I remained logged in.

The scenario is this -> I logged in and was idle for quite some time before I started playing a game. The disconnect/reconnect happened WHILE I WAS IDLE - meaning logged in but not playing any games and had not played any games prior to the game where I got the -20 points during this login session. I played just this one single game during this login session - there were NO PREVIOUS games played prior during this login session.

Does this clarify?

Spiff

#6 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

It does, Spiff, thanks. Trying to figure this out.

When you logged in, did you by any chance start searching for a game while you were idle on other tabs/activities?

How can I help you?

#7 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Nope - was just idle.

#8 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

So what happened to this thread? This scenario happened to me again today - exact same situation. I briefly lost Internet connection while I was idle in the game console (not in a game or game setup or anything) and then when I started up a game and won the game, I lost points. Logically, I think the game thinks I disconnected DURING the game and that's why I get the negative points with the Victory banner. This is a serious bug. When I get these Internet connection drops (usually down for less than 5 minutes) I normally close down the Stratego app and re-log in to prevent the issue which has worked but I forgot to do it in this instance and got screwed by the software again.

The app clearly detects the connection drop as it usually shows a banner indicating the connection drop. The developers should change the banner to direct the user to close and re-open the app in the interim until a better fix can be developed.

Are their any programmers working on this platform? I am hearing rumors that development has stalled??

Spiff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users