Photo

Customize rules"if defeated pieces are shown on board?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

I would like to offer a suggestion for a type of play. If I read the rules right that came with the board game, there are four ways to play: (1) All pieces that are captured are shown (is how are computer game is) (2) Only pieces you lost are shown to you (3) Pieces you captured are only shown to you and (4) No pieces are shown and are all faced down. When I played against one of my friends, we agreed to have no peices shown what we both captured. It made it a much more challenging game having to remember what we captured. Easy to remember if we captured a Marshall or General, but what about that Captain? Is it save to move that Spy around if you can remember if all 8 Scouts have been captured? I know this site has many more things to worry about, but would like to suggest this for a future feature.

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Seems like more advanced play, so would be good for the vets. I don't know if many would approve and for a league match, I’m pretty sure the answer would be “No”.

HmmNess
Posted Image

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

No problem, just thought I'd throw that out there since I read that in the rule booklet. Just figured it would offer what other sites don't and this would allow players a true test of their skills to remember what has been captured or not. I agree with you Hmmness this wouldn't be used in a ranked match.

#4 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Now that the site is growing faster than I thought and we are still only in beta stage, I would like to suggest this option again of having no pieces being show that are captured. This feature could really determine who are the better players, since we have so many players are are middle ranked right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users