Photo

HELP! How to avoid Pause & Tie glitches?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Marshalllll

Marshalllll

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hi guys, I've been playing Stratego for about 3 months now and my rank is Bronze Colonel (This is just my forum account):

Recently, I've met a lot of player trying to glitch me. A typical example is this guy called <crazy player>, a silver major. And here's how the match goes:

Basically, i captured his 9 with my 10 and his 10 with my S. All of his 8s ran into my bombs. Then, he started to send me pause and tie requests.

First time, he sent a pause and tie request together (they're both on my moves), I declined them.

Second time, he sent these again and I declined them.

Third time, he sent these again and I declined them again.

Then. he went disconnected for like 5 seconds and went back on

Then, he sent me those requests again, i declined them then I got kicked out. (I have no idea why)

I tried to reconnect and login with my FB, but it wasn't working anymore.I re-typed my password, but the game was already gone and I lost.

I was going to win 20 points but after all I gained -2 points.

How could we deal with these players if we meet them again?

#2 eagles1313

eagles1313

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

noone has an answer?i have met such types. I also have too many diconnects and lost the vast majority of the games due to disconnections , some times not with the oppennent doing such requests . I am ok at every other site just this one seems to disconnect me oftenly

#3 eagles1313

eagles1313

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

it happens as we speak with me being way ahead

#4 eagles1313

eagles1313

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

joke

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Sadly this error has not been fixed yet   However until that time comes, the only thing you can do is take a screen shot of the game when the player is trying this against you, and take several if you can.  Then post them to the cheater report or E-mail me your screen shot to Midnightguy1171@yahoo.com  and we will take action on that player if they are indeed shown to have been cheating.

• Marshalllll likes this

#6 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Though not a foolproof solution, your best bet is to choose random times to decline the requests or not act on them at all. Then after the request ends, choose random times to move your pieces. 

• Strobe and Marshalllll like this
How can I help you?

#7 Strobe

Strobe

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

You need also a lot of patience. Based on how far you are from catching the flag or take all the movable pieces. 

• Marshalllll likes this

I believe that whatever doesn't defeat you on Stratego, simply makes you.. immortal.

#8 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

You need also a lot of patience. Based on how far you are from catching the flag or take all the movable pieces. 

Yo, that's right, you need a lot of patience.

For a glitcher, there is no moral, nothing's sacred

plus when they glitch they love the hatred.

Their stuff is flagrant, they're rough and blatant

and all the fair players have enough of wasted...

games against those bloody fakers so get rid of those mockin' faces

who mess up the game completely, disgusting ain't it?

There's enough debated about the stuff related

with the glitch and it's causin' a lot of fuzz to play, this...

ain't fun anymore, it's tough to face pricks

who cheat you all the way into another matrix,

far beyond all the borders of decent play and they love it,...shameless.

http://www.blogcdn.c...01/cheating.jpg

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#9 jimmypitt

jimmypitt

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

noone has an answer?i have met such types. I also have too many diconnects and lost the vast majority of the games due to disconnections , some times not with the oppennent doing such requests . I am ok at every other site just this one seems to disconnect me oftenly

If you have too many disconnects, is that what forces the glitch/boots you from the system?

Similar scenario just happened to me when I was up in a game.  Tie Request. I Denied it.  Then he disconnects.  Comes back.  When I start to move on my turn, which freezes my piece, and I get booted from the system.  I reconnect.  Booted again....this happens like three times before I get prompted with DEFEAT.

I'm not accusing my opponent (Daniel de boeck) for cheater, but I find it rather suspicious.  Any tips for preventing this in the future.  Sadly this is atleast the 2nd or 3rd time I've had a forced loss on this site, and I've only played 20 games! 

Thanks

#10 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

If you have too many disconnects, is that what forces the glitch/boots you from the system?

Similar scenario just happened to me when I was up in a game.  Tie Request. I Denied it.  Then he disconnects.  Comes back.  When I start to move on my turn, which freezes my piece, and I get booted from the system.  I reconnect.  Booted again....this happens like three times before I get prompted with DEFEAT.

I'm not accusing my opponent (Daniel de boeck) for cheater, but I find it rather suspicious.  Any tips for preventing this in the future.  Sadly this is atleast the 2nd or 3rd time I've had a forced loss on this site, and I've only played 20 games! 

Thanks

The glitch does not result in a Defeat site coming up, and it is believed that a patch for the glitch has been put in place. 

It sounds like for whatever reason you are not having a good connection to the server. If you lag out or have too poor a connection, you may indeed end up getting disconnected, and this can lead to losses when the server is unable to communicate with your computer any more. 

What is the speed of your connection? Have you tried playing with a different browser and no other (major) programs running in the background?

How can I help you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users