JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Why can weakest players not at bronze spy, scout and miner play? Than the better players not ful down rating points and weakest players can more fun with play.  <_<

#2 JimmyvonderAtlantis

JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Why can weakest players not at bronze spy, scout and miner play? Than the better players not ful down rating points and weakest players can more fun with play.  <_<

I mean a lower class than bronze spy. make a class with only the name spy, scout and so one. not bronze or silver and etc.

#3 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I mean a lower class than bronze spy. make a class with only the name spy, scout and so one. not bronze or silver and etc.

Jimmy,

What would be the point of adding a "lower class?" It is just a matter of semantics whether one adds the descriptor "bronze" or not before the rank. 

What really "matters" is how the system evaluates ELO and search matching of opponents. Since - I believe - ELO is the primary means by which the system matches opponents, you wouldn't necessarily play any different opponents by having a lower class.

However, what I suspect you might be trying to say is that perhaps the starting rank should not be at the lowest level. Having more room to decrease in ELO might enable those who are indeed "lowest" in ELO to avoid being at a disadvantage relative to new bronze spies who might actually have, say, prior experience in real live play. There is a legitimate argument to this approach and system (which is used in the US chess federation), but I don't think this reprogramming can be done anytime soon given current priorities for Jumbo.

How can I help you?

#4 JimmyvonderAtlantis

JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Jimmy,

What would be the point of adding a "lower class?" It is just a matter of semantics whether one adds the descriptor "bronze" or not before the rank. 

What really "matters" is how the system evaluates ELO and search matching of opponents. Since - I believe - ELO is the primary means by which the system matches opponents, you wouldn't necessarily play any different opponents by having a lower class.

However, what I suspect you might be trying to say is that perhaps the starting rank should not be at the lowest level. Having more room to decrease in ELO might enable those who are indeed "lowest" in ELO to avoid being at a disadvantage relative to new bronze spies who might actually have, say, prior experience in real live play. There is a legitimate argument to this approach and system (which is used in the US chess federation), but I don't think this reprogramming can be done anytime soon given current priorities for Jumbo.

ok, than I most trai to go up ad main rank. I think I do better play Johan are here and let me see some tips ad game play. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users