Stonefish

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

So what's the reason for this one Attached File  stratIClostvictory.jpg   30.02KB   46 downloads). 

I lost connection for a few seconds. After that, opponent lost connection for a few seconds. 

After that, this happens. Victory with -6 saying I lost connection (did not) against a higher rank. 

#2 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

That's a very strange one, I have no explanation for this.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#3 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

So what's the reason for this one attachicon.gifstratIClostvictory.jpg). 

I lost connection for a few seconds. After that, opponent lost connection for a few seconds. 

After that, this happens. Victory with -6 saying I lost connection (did not) against a higher rank. 

That is bizarre! Prior to that game, did you ever play a game in which you lost connection? It is a known problem that if you lose a game due to a connection error, the ELO adjustment may not take place until the standard completion of a subsequent game. This can lead to some strange outcomes (e.g., a seeming loss of points for a victory).

I am still trying to figure out how the Victory sign comes up with an indication that you lost connection, though....

How can I help you?

#4 Stonefish

Stonefish

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am still trying to figure out how the Victory sign comes up with an indication that you lost connection, though....

I think it was the almighty game itself that punished me for not finishing off this gpeto fast enough like I should. 

Yes, that must be it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users