sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:43 PM

Thank you all for joining Backstabbers 2016. Round 1 has started today and will end Sunday 23:59GMT. There may be an opportunity for extension on this shorter week depending on circumstances. 

I used random.org to decide the initial pairings for this tournament. You can see video proof of that here

Match PMs will be posted now, where you will be able to schedule your match in accordance with the guidelines for this event. The matches due to be played this week are:

Yoyomofo vs The Fearsome Masters

sevenseas (6) vs Moghedien (1)
Maxroelofs (6) vs dutchkillers (1)
queenbee1 (1) vs roeczak (6)
Gwynplaine (6) vs Henry Domerkant (1)

The Wrecking Crew vs Aliases unite

Constrictor (1) vs  Javier Flag (TheOptician)  (6)
steelers (6) vs I'm not ME (josephwhite) (1)
texaspete09 (1) vs Apocalypse (Napoleon 1er) (6)
astros (1) vs Final Fantasy (--Wogomite--) (6)

Patras Stratego Team vs Junior Fighters

FGP_ (1) vs Yellowhat (6)
jakehaar (3) vs yoyordy (3)
panagiotas17 (1) vs Master Mind (6)
GTETRA13 (1) vs honjekapitein (6)

Good luck and may the best warrior win! :)

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#2 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

Match PMs have been posted now. 

#3 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

Have any matches been completed yet? Is it possible to get the names highlighted of players that have won their match?

• Master Mind likes this

#4 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Sure thing.

Only one match has been completed so far (which ended in a draw). I will edit in the results from herein. :)

#5 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 888 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:12 PM

Yellowhat vs FGP_ 6:1 is completed already as well.

First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#6 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 888 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

I won from panagiotis17. GG

#7 hondjekapitein

hondjekapitein

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

i won

gg GTETRA13

#8 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

Henry domerkant played a very fine match, but I, Gwynplaine, prevailed with a victory for the YoYoMoFos.

http://prnt.sc/cxhtau

Thank you, Henry domerkant, for a very challenging match.

–Gwynplaine

Edited by Gwynplaine, 22 October 2016 - 01:51 PM.

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#9 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

What a great match my opponent didnt attack at all at the first part of the game and he took the lead with lotto attacks which didnt stop even when he won
He also move back and forth in a moment it wasnt neccessary because his piece couldnt be captured

#10 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

I am surprised at you, Henry domerkant! Lotto attacks? I attacked moved pieces, I sacrificed pieces to determine if they were movable, and then you chased me over a four square pattern incessantly towards the end of the match before running your general into a bomb. (I video taped the match for my own personal study, and I will not publish it publicly, but if you would like to see it, I will make arrangements to get you a copy). This is how I feel confident to dispute your claims against me–your claims are not accurate. 

I disagree with your assessment, but I will not apologize for a solid victory. From the start, I greeted you twice and you did not reply immediately. Then, I wrote and asked, "How are you?" Your reply was, and I quote:

fine lets play and have a good game.  (You weren't interested if I was well or not?–good sportsmanship usually goes both ways).

I wrote you back, "I agree. Good luck!"

I caution you against making false accusations and I will attribute it to simply a colored opinion because of the outcome of the match.

In any event, thank you.

–Gwynplaine

#11 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

Indeed you attack movable pieces but attacking for example a colonell with your marshall and bet that there is no spy its luck
In the first part of the game you just move your pieces back to be safe
Even in the end when you had a miner to capture my flag you didnt go immediately but you play an unfair game and you first captured some pieces that couldnt do anyting
Futhermore we are not friends to ask you if you are right we just have the same hobby and of.course you were fine otherwise you wouldnt play
Cg for the win you deserved it because i had an awful game and sorry if am wrong but i couldnt say what i felt about our game.

Edited by Henry domerkant, 22 October 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#12 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

Henry domerkant–Thank you for an honest reply and for remembering much of the match. My attack on your colonel was calculated as a risk, not blind luck, because you had moved pieces away, and although your general was in peril, you had moved it away in a manner which indicated to me that there was not a spy trap. It was better than a 50% chance that there was not a spy there. Moving my pieces back was necessary because it was clear that on your right side was nothing of highest value, i.e.–no marshal or general, hence no flag to protect. What would you have done? Run all your pieces into a blind empty zone? I revealed my general's position very early on in order to protect information; then you attacked my captain with your general revealing its location, soon after my lieutenant discovered your marshal right in front of me in my center. I knew where one of your colonels and majors were–on your left side.

By the way...you were the one who LOTTOed towards the end. You took two miners and a major with your general...all unmoved pieces. By the way...I only reiterate this because you have chosen to make a stink about a game you feel bad about losing. I suspect that if I were a platinum captain, you wouldn't be complaining. I do understand the feelings of frustration, however, in the end of things, this is a game to be played with which to have fun, competition or not.

You are right...we are definitely not friends, but being polite is a rule of gentleman's society–children have the privilege of acting poorly, but they must still take responsibility for their actions.

In closing, thank you for the "Cg" and for making the effort to be civilized. You have every right to express your feelings and I am glad that you have done so. Please note, you will win more matches than I will and you will be standing in the tournament a lot longer than I will...so do not despair.

#13 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

You are right about what you say about about my general and it was a bad move because i had sth else on my mind
In the end i dint have an other way to pressure you than playing a bit lotto
Noone knows how many wins we will do
Cg again and good luck on your upcoming games
I dindt want not to be polite but our coversation doesnt mean anyting about our game

#14 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

Thank you, Henry domerkant. Good luck to you on your upcoming matches–you are going to do heavy battle in a very good way.

–Gwynplaine

#15 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 888 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

In the first part of the game you just move your pieces back to be safe

When playing Stratego it's the whole point to be safe, even with your lower pieces, IMHO

#16 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

I agree but just waiting for the other to attcack it is not nice

#17 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 888 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:50 PM

I agree but just waiting for the other to attcack it is not nice

When such a case, I totally agree with you, but that is something different as moving your pieces in a safe place

#18 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

waiting for the other to attcack it is not nice

But it is. You are a very strong player so if a Silver meets you all he might want is a draw. What's against any early draw request? Especially because this is a team tournament. Gwynplaine may have been given the order to draw.

Lo

#19 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Henry domerkant, please be careful. You opened with two scouts: one got one scout, another got my lieutenant. I immediately went forward with two pieces on your left flank. You scouted a captain and I continued building an offensive on your right flank. You blocked the center with unknown pieces so there was no reason to attack you there just yet–no information. Your captain on the left flank played slap and tickle with mine until you brought out another piece. You brought him up to my captain but did not take him because I brought out an unknown piece to protect my captain. You brought your captain up and we traded. I then attacked with my piece an discovered your colonel. I then scouted one of your front row bombs. Oh wait...how is that possible? According to you I never attacked anything. You then scouted my sergeant on your right flank. I then setup a number of moves to move in on that flank while you danced your pieces around in the center–I know, I know...you were waiting for me to make a move. Well, I did and found your miner. I then positioned my known sergeant against it.

In the center, you scouted my sergeant which you knew was next to my lieutenant. When you did not attack my lieutenant, I knew it was a captain or a major, nothing bigger. Why would I then attack you with a piece that I would simply lose for nothing?!?!? Back on your right flank, you moved a piece away from your miner. It was a risk, but I attacked figuring you had either a sergeant or a bomb behind your miner. I got the miner, you brought back the moved piece and chased me until it was trapped. You attacked my sergeant with your lieutenant and then I took it with my captain. What did you expect?! This was not a defensive play on my part, but a risky play on your part. What was I supposed to do, let you take a free piece? You then took my lieutenant with your captain in the ceneter and it was then that I revealed my general. You then brought out an unknown piece, but it was most likely your marshal or general. I moved my sergeant in front of it and you backed off. I then traded captains with you in the front row.

Oh wait...I just did nothing but shuffle and defend, and never made an attack. Henry domerkant...please be very careful...your repeated accusations are becoming a nuisance and are now bordering on lies.

The game continued much in this fashion–I was not merely shuffling and g holding back as you suggest. I positioned my pieces until I felt that there was good reason to make an attack. My lieutenant, if you recall, and I was down to my last one, discovered your marshal. I felt that it was a good investment to collect important information. By the way, after I revealed my general by attacking your captain to keep you at bay, did you do anything with this information? NO!!! You were waiting for me to make a stupid attack so you could get an advantage on me...I played your game your way...you didn't cheat...neither did I, you did NOT do all of the attacking.

Please stop this exaggerated, bordering on slanderous, discussion while you are ahead.

–Gwynplaine

Edited by Gwynplaine, 22 October 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#20 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

May I politely suggest you settle your differences in an unoficial rematch? ;) :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users