NSquared

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

This was in the quick arena of all places, too. We both had flags in the corners behind two bombs. I had a general left and he had a general and a scout. I offered a tie during my turn with the assumption that he, having played 1600+ games, would understand that I would never let his general attack mine. 

He refused the tie, claiming that he deserved the win because of his extra player. Over the next hour (check the clock to verify), he tried to confuse me as to which player was the general, which didn't work, as the pictures will reveal. Even after the scout was removed, he still refused my tie requests. The only reason I won was because this clown's time buffer ran out.

Regardless of whether his actions qualify as "cheating" or not, this website needs to show they are committed to the quality of the gameplay here by banning players like this. If this site fails, it will only be because of their refusal to regulate the quality of the gameplay.

Attached Files

#2 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Something does need to be done, but what he did wasn't cheating it was unsportsmanlike.  We can't go around judging people who refuses a tie the same as a glitcher.  It'll be something the Justice Committee will look into the near future,

#3 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

The solution is pretty simple. Have a game clock. The game clock starts counting down as soon as the first piece is moved. When the game clock reaches zero the game is a draw.

#4 Bluffah

Bluffah

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Nsquared is absolutely correct. Mrjoker should be removed. I just finished a 2.5 hour "quick" game in which Mrjoker tried the same reprehensible tactics (he also tried glitching). The game ended at 5:30pm E.T. today. (Mrjoker somehow  lost on time!)

Administrators, please review this game and remove Mrjoker.

I would add that Nsquared has defeated me in many quick games on this site, and a he is a true sportsmanlike competitor.

#5 NSquared

NSquared

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

The easiest way to ensure mrjoker won't drag the game out.

He used the exact same setup against me two games in a row, which if done against a good player, is foolish if not insulting. I capitalized on his poor decision, and his response was to call me a cheater. 

Mrjoker, take a look where my flag was. It seems your claim that I use the same setup every time doesn't hold true. 

#6 mrjoker

mrjoker

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

i lost many games because i was chased and  you get a error saying i cannot move

so i should be able to chase somebody to win

get rid of (error messaging saying i cannot move) then i will stop chasing

#7 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

Folks, unless you have screenshot proof, please don't just throw out accusations.

Thanks,

LTG

How can I help you?

#8 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

i lost many games because i was chased and  you get a error saying i cannot move

If you are losing games because of this message saying you cannot move, it is not because of an error. Rather, it seems you need to learn how the 2-square or shuffle-square rule works. If you do a search for "bind" in this forum, you will get some good explanations on how to avoid losing because of the bind rule. 

The above does not excuse endless chasing, and that is really not an acceptable way to try to win. Learn how the rule works and use it to your advantage as others apparently have done with you. That will help you become a better/stronger player, too.

How can I help you?

#9 dmccabe

dmccabe

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

I just posted about an issue with a player named MANOFWAR2003

Same kind of ordeal, the game was obviously a tie. The game came to a point where BOTH our flags were behind bombs, and BOTH players did not have ANY Miners left.

I had one moveable piece left, a 4. He has 5 moveable pieces, nothing that could take my 4. So we just moved pieces around for over an hour... over and over.

I requested a tie 5 times. I guess the game now has code where you can ONLY request a tie so many times? I have a screen capture where even after 100 moves, the "request tie" button is greyed out.

Once that happens... the other players takes advantage and says they will not give you a tie, so the stalemate goes on forver until someone just leaves the game.

There needs to be a Time Clock for when no pieces are captured, then automatic tie.

Honorable players recognize a tie, and just move on to the next game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users