Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

This site is totally amazing and I'm blown away by the graphics and the detail to the pieces. I was just a couple weeks ago playing on a site that had shut down and they had a 2D mode with the game looking like the orginal board game with pieces (The spy dressed in a cloak and top hat). I would like to recommend that the site considers having this type of graphic mode too. Giving players a 2D mode of the board may allow them to see things they might miss on a 3D board or vise vera. I also suggest this because sometimes, some players may just want to come on here to play and sometimes perfer to play in a more basic mode. If this site offers this already, my mistake I'm still learning here.

#2 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I totally agree. A 2d mode would be ideal, especially for players who are running this game on a crappy computer. The game is really a resource hog, and having a 2d version might help out a bit. I also like the perspective that Midnightguy is suggesting. At times, players might want to just play the game from a top view directly over the game board, rather than a diagonal slanted top view.
Posted Image

#3 Spece

Spece

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

2d no thanks - there are enough 2 D Stratego in web
Posted Image

#4 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Spece is spot on. No reason for Jumbo to want to take a step back and look like the competition when they own all the Stratego copyrights. Jumbo should look superior as they've done so far with this site. There are other ways to improve performance on the server side such as in-memory processing tools like Terracotta - that would be a much better option.

#5 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Not sure why offering a 2D option would be a step back; If anything it may attract other players. The setup mode is already in a 2D mode so, not sure how offering it in actual play would be that difficult. Even 2D mode with the graphics this site offers, is 10 times better then the other sites out there. I know there are many more pressing problems or features the site would want to look at, but just a suggestion I wanted to offer. As for my other suggestion about the graphics of the pieces, I noticed can purchase them with battle coins so, please disreguard my other part of the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users