would it be possible to play tournaments online as well?
Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:17 PM
This is a question which i think could seriously increase the funpart on the site!
It's already fun of course but to make things even more fun, there could be an implementation to play tournaments online.
You can have tournaments for special ranks or something, subdivision or something.
If you win a tournament, you'll get a vast amount of points for your elo rating.
If you lose the first round of the tournament, points will be lost.
If you make it two the second round, your points will be accumulated to that situation.
Instead of the achievements in battles, there could be extra achievements where you can win trophies in tournament cups.
This gives a whole new dimension to the game, where you can play for your daily ranking points in order to climb up the ladder and try to chase spiff (which is absolutely impossible i'd say haha) or/and you can play for tournament wins, which also affect your elo ranking but where you can win apart from your ranking points also something fysical like a real tournament cup, although you are ranked lower maybe.
Lower rank winners can win more elo points by winning tournaments and higher rank winners will gain less points but they're in it for prestige and to win trophies of course.
Maybe it needs a lot more clarification but I wonder if this could be a good idea?
Any other players who think that tournaments would be a serious boost for the site?
Let me know
Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:25 AM
I man rule the arena
Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:51 PM
But I don't think Jumbo will ever approve that but yeah, why not?
Cash prize tournaments just like in poker,....it's the same thing eventually.
Maybe they'll organize tournaments in the future for battle coins.
At least you can pimp your army coat then!
Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:40 PM
1. Adding a play for Battlecoins option (so you can win Battlecoins)
2. Adding a play for Money option (this would not be gambling, but a skillgame, where skills will decide the winner)
3. Tournaments (no real prizes, just honour, battlecoins and special Achievements)
4. Tournaments with Cash prizes
Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:01 PM
1) I also was thinking about playing for battle coins. You'll get the rank points of course AND you can get coins from your opponent.
But the problem would be that players have to buy the battlecoins first and I don't think many players will buy them just for pimping an army coat or a battlefield....
2) Playing for real money makes it an absolute challenge, I agree. But I do think that playing for money could only be possible when you achieved a specific rank. In this way you only stimulate the moneygames between experienced high class players.
You've got to build a protection layer or something so that you first have to achieve a status in order to play for money.
This to protect an enthousiastic beginning player who thinks he can handle it.
It can not be the goal that the money-part will take over the goal of the entire game, which is to have fun, to be creative and stuff like that. Poker is really a game to do that because it's all about the money there. Stratego is not but with an option to play for money, it can make the game quite more attractive I suppose.
However,...I do think you need a protection layer then.
3)The tournament-option is in my opinion the BEST way to add new features to the site.
You can win trophies, win honour, ranking points, battle coins and maybe special achievements.
4) Tournaments for money,.....this is also not a bad idea but then again,...you have to make borders in order to compete with those tournaments. There are a lot of players on this site which are very young I think.
The bottom line is that the money-part can't have the upperhand for playing a nice game of Stratego.
You want people to play the game because they like it, it relaxes, it is fun, it's exciting, you need skills and creativity and a lot of thinking to play so people see it as an adventurous challenge.
That has always been the charm of Stratego in the first place and I think that feeling may not be lost after implementing special cool features like playing for money for instance.
Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:20 PM
Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users