WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just a simple thread to report those people who know they're losing and thus rather disconnect than surrender. So, let's just name and shame them until they've apologized. It's not really cheating, just unfriendly.

To start, BASILICIOUS who happened to walk into a bomb with his Marshall and immediately the game was disconnected. (Screenshot here...)

Just a waste of time. But making this report to name and shame sore losers makes me a bit happier. :-)

\/\//\ Wim,

Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

#2 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

@WATB, Gebruik hiervoor de topic 'Cheater report' en lever bewijs met meerdere screenshots. Op die manier gaat de stofkam door deze site totdat de sportieve spelers overblijven. Overigens is één 'disconnect' nog geen concreet bewijs, het kan ook een storing zijn in de internetverbinding. 

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#3 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Just a simple thread to report those people who know they're losing and thus rather disconnect than surrender. So, let's just name and shame them until they've apologized. It's not really cheating, just unfriendly.

To start, BASILICIOUS who happened to walk into a bomb with his Marshall and immediately the game was disconnected. (Screenshot here...)

Just a waste of time. But making this report to name and shame sore losers makes me a bit happier. :-)

The best screenshot ever!!!!  Can you tell us how did you create and upload this wonderful  image?

(google chrome?)

#4 WATB

WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Lucky, I don't think it's cheating. He's just a bad loser, that's all. If he had been cheating, I would have reported him as such. The name and shame is more a request for an apology from him. Anyone can have a bad moment in this game...

Karaiskakis, yes, it's Google Chrome with additional plug-in. Edited in Paint Shop Pro to black out my pieces and saved on my own webserver so size doesn't matter.

Edited by WATB, 12 September 2013 - 08:02 PM.

\/\//\ Wim,

#5 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Thanks a lot for this information

it is really very easy and will help a lot ,especially for our tournament. Thanks again

This is my screenshot with my achievments.http://www.webpagesc...16a277-27288304

P.S. By the way have you sign up? You can reach captain until the deadline.

#6 WATB

WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Nope, haven't signed up yet. I just got to know this site a month ago. But I did play Stratego often when I was young, about 30 years ago. :-) Played a lot of chess too but nowadays, computers are too strong for players like me. And most real opponents aren't strong enough to win from me with chess. So Stratego is a nice alternative for chess. :-)

\/\//\ Wim,

#7 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

As i can see from your stats you must know the game. And you are already captain so do not hesitate, sign up today!

#8 WATB

WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Actually, so far I've been lucky. Several of my opponents just had a weak defense. One used a Lotto approach and walked with his Marshall into a bomb, another had the chance to exchange Marshals or just to walk through with his Marshall to my side. He choose the latter and stepped next to my spy. Oops. In a third game, my opponents had blocked the side aisles with bombs, trying to stop me. It costs me 4 scouts to know where four of his bombs were and the other two would be most likely in one of the corners around the flag. So I breached both walls with miners and walked in with my strongest pieces, knowing any piece would be a nice target. In a fourth game, I managed to capture a Colonel and two Majors and my opponent seemed very happy to exchange the Generals and Marshals, thus allowing me to block all aisles with these three undefeatable pieces. And then, of course who was bluffing with his general, making me believe it was protected by his spy. I called his bluff and he gave up.

So, to be honest... I've been lucky until now. Won 10 of 10 games on pure luck, to my opinion.  :)

\/\//\ Wim,

#9 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

In my country we use to say : in sports ,this thing which worths most is the participation , not the win.

( spirit of the  olympic games )

And stratego is a sport of the mind.

So we are waiting your sign up. ;)

#10 WATB

WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well, I am considering it but tournaments require a lot of time. Right now, I have some but in about two, three weeks, not that much. I could still play from my iPad, but it's connection isn't reliable enough. (Wifi only, so I need Wifi.)

Besides, playing Stratego from my workspace is frowned upon at best. :-)

The only reason I have time now is because I injured my back, which first needs to heal. Taking a lot of rest with a laptop or tablet in my hands does allow me to play and talk a lot online. :-)

\/\//\ Wim,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users