WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Just something for everything to remember: losing your Marshall in the game, even very early, is no excuse to just give up. Let me give a report of a game I've played, and won.

It all started out very simple. My opponent had all his scouts near the center and scouted anything that moved. Well, he discovered two captains, a Marshall and a Lieutenant and killed four of my scouts. In the meantime, my scouts in the side flanks discovered just walls of bombs. My opponent had blocked the sides, thus I already knew four of his bombs! Did cost 4 scouts, though.

So at that point I knew I had a great advantage. He would most likely have the last two bombs in one of the corners, protecting his flag so anything else was fair game for my stronger pieces. And I was ready to start the hunt, captured an Captain with my Marshall, who was immediately stabbed to death by my opponent. Oops. And there was his Marshall, in the middle lane, killing anything that tried to get past.

Well, I did manage to get my general past this obstacle and since my opponent feared my spy and had ran out of scouts, he could not do much scouting on my side. While I just started slaughtering pieces until my general met his.

Then, two of my miners breached the bomb walls, giving their lives so my Colonels could get through. And so they did. I took a bunch of Majors, Captains, Lieutenants and Sergeants until one Colonel was exchanged and the other cornered by his Marshall.

Now, I realized that I could still win!

Next step: hunting with my majors and one of them quickly discovered the second Colonel of my opponent. So now I had to remember and avoid two pieces of him. But the battle just went on with me taking anything else and even managed to clean one corner simply because he moved one of those pieces.

In the meantime, my opponent could not capture my Colonel, unless he was willing to exchange them for his. Basically, he did not lock my Colonel, but I locked his Marshall.

Near the end, he had one Colonel, one Marshall and two miners and he had to unblock my Colonel out of fear of one miner of mine trying to diffuse one of his corner bombs. (It turned out to be a Captain, which did not matter much since I still had 4 Sergeants, 2 Lieutenants, 2 more Captains and three Miners. Plus 6 bombs... And only 4 of my pieces had moved. Even worse, I still had my spy...

Now I was sure to win!

So I used my Colonel and another strong piece plus my spy to move in on his remaining miners. Even though he had not moved them, I knew where they were, since I knew where his bombs where. So I forced him to exchange Colonels, thus turning my weakest piece into one of the most powerful ones. My Spy could now try to capture his Marshall! Still had to take away those last Miners, though.

Since his Marshall was now defending the two bombs, I could locate my spy between him and the center lakes. This would mean that he would run out of moves at one point and would have to surrender his Marshall to my spy. (Because if he can reach the center area, he can just run in circles.)

At this point I just had so many pieces that I could just walk to his miners and take them, which I made clear that I would be doing. With 8 moving pieces I closed in on his remaining three and he knew he would lose now. So he took a gamble and took a Captain of mine that was next to my spy. Just hoping I was bluffing, but I was not. Gone was his Marshall and whatever he had left would fall to my forces.

Game over. I won!

-

Okay, I won because my opponent used one of the weakest defences possible. He used a pattern for his bombs that I could guess and thus I could rampage through his troops with all I wanted. Losing my Marshall very early in the game made it a bit more difficult but still his defence was way too weak.

Losing your Marshall doesn't always lose the game too. Too many players just give up, without considering the strength of your opponent's defense...

-

My advise: Never give up! Unless you know your opponent also has a strong defense.

\/\//\ Wim,

Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

#2 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

My worst game I was ever in, I was down both a Marshall and General in the game and soon all of our pieces were gone except for me having a mere scout vs his Marshall and General.  We both had sealed flags so, I offered a draw which he of course refused.  It took him another 1/2 hour and over 300 or more moves to finally agree he wasn't going to catch my scout.  

#3 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Another game was in, was facing a player where he was up: a Colonel, a Major, and two captains on me....and he had my spy.  Everything seemed to be going wrong for me, but my only advantage was he didn't know where my Marshall was.  I have yet to moved him and he was sitting on the 3rd row on my left side of my zone.  He was going around with his Marshall trying hard to find mine and hope to end the game.   I had a clue where his flag was and it wasn't sealed and I knew where his spy was at.  My only chance was to figure how to either get his spy to move away from the flag or take him out.  To get a chance to get my scout though I'd have to sacrifice yet ANOTHER Major!  Sure enough I got my scout though and his spy was gone.  With the Spy gone, I made a break for the flag with my Marshall and his Marshall was one square too late catch mine as I got to his flag for the win.  

#4 dfc0613

dfc0613

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I agree with you, never give up.

The other evening I was playing against a silver scout and at the end he was left with a captain and me with a lieutnant. He had his flag behind bombs but mine was open ... just I still had 6 bomb unknown to him, 3 on the third row and 3 on the fourth row. I asked him "you try or you tie? lol"  and proposed also to tie and of course he refused tie. Then we were chatting a bit and he tried everything to push me to give up, saying that he has full time available, that his brother will substitute him for a while and so on ... Finally after 1 hour and more turning around the lakes in antisymetry he decided to try to jump on the most hidden unknown piece ... he had exactly 1 chance on 7 to win ... and he choose the wrong piece and exploded on a bomb. So really never give up.

I won also several others having a major and a captain less than my opponent but made attack from all 3 entries with miners and scouts and as opponent couldn't be everywhere at same time one of these low ranking piece found the flag. So my recommendation: Keep 2 scouts and 3 miners more than your opponent for the end, at this stage even if you have 2 major pièces less than your opponent you will probably win. At the end of the game a higher number of moving pièces is often much stronger than having the strongest pièces. Only if your opponent has 3 major pièces or more than you he should win if he doesn't make mistakes like letting a scout find the flag (because he can close all 3 entries).

#5 JimmyvonderAtlantis

JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just something for everything to remember: losing your Marshall in the game, even very early, is no excuse to just give up. Let me give a report of a game I've played, and won.

It all started out very simple. My opponent had all his scouts near the center and scouted anything that moved. Well, he discovered two captains, a Marshall and a Lieutenant and killed four of my scouts. In the meantime, my scouts in the side flanks discovered just walls of bombs. My opponent had blocked the sides, thus I already knew four of his bombs! Did cost 4 scouts, though.

So at that point I knew I had a great advantage. He would most likely have the last two bombs in one of the corners, protecting his flag so anything else was fair game for my stronger pieces. And I was ready to start the hunt, captured an Captain with my Marshall, who was immediately stabbed to death by my opponent. Oops. And there was his Marshall, in the middle lane, killing anything that tried to get past.

Well, I did manage to get my general past this obstacle and since my opponent feared my spy and had ran out of scouts, he could not do much scouting on my side. While I just started slaughtering pieces until my general met his.

Then, two of my miners breached the bomb walls, giving their lives so my Colonels could get through. And so they did. I took a bunch of Majors, Captains, Lieutenants and Sergeants until one Colonel was exchanged and the other cornered by his Marshall.

Now, I realized that I could still win!

Next step: hunting with my majors and one of them quickly discovered the second Colonel of my opponent. So now I had to remember and avoid two pieces of him. But the battle just went on with me taking anything else and even managed to clean one corner simply because he moved one of those pieces.

In the meantime, my opponent could not capture my Colonel, unless he was willing to exchange them for his. Basically, he did not lock my Colonel, but I locked his Marshall.

Near the end, he had one Colonel, one Marshall and two miners and he had to unblock my Colonel out of fear of one miner of mine trying to diffuse one of his corner bombs. (It turned out to be a Captain, which did not matter much since I still had 4 Sergeants, 2 Lieutenants, 2 more Captains and three Miners. Plus 6 bombs... And only 4 of my pieces had moved. Even worse, I still had my spy...

Now I was sure to win!

So I used my Colonel and another strong piece plus my spy to move in on his remaining miners. Even though he had not moved them, I knew where they were, since I knew where his bombs where. So I forced him to exchange Colonels, thus turning my weakest piece into one of the most powerful ones. My Spy could now try to capture his Marshall! Still had to take away those last Miners, though.

Since his Marshall was now defending the two bombs, I could locate my spy between him and the center lakes. This would mean that he would run out of moves at one point and would have to surrender his Marshall to my spy. (Because if he can reach the center area, he can just run in circles.)

At this point I just had so many pieces that I could just walk to his miners and take them, which I made clear that I would be doing. With 8 moving pieces I closed in on his remaining three and he knew he would lose now. So he took a gamble and took a Captain of mine that was next to my spy. Just hoping I was bluffing, but I was not. Gone was his Marshall and whatever he had left would fall to my forces.

Game over. I won!

-

Okay, I won because my opponent used one of the weakest defences possible. He used a pattern for his bombs that I could guess and thus I could rampage through his troops with all I wanted. Losing my Marshall very early in the game made it a bit more difficult but still his defence was way too weak.

Losing your Marshall doesn't always lose the game too. Too many players just give up, without considering the strength of your opponent's defense...

-

My advise: Never give up! Unless you know your opponent also has a strong defense.

I lose all main battles, I have no idea off this game sorry, but I are a SWG player and SWG players don't like a good Stratego game. I learn this game never goog I know. But you story are good, give never up but I most give up when I go again offline for a long time soon.

I habe keine lust in eine Stratego Krieg wenn ich immer der streit erliest. Solle ich gewinne? Nein keine aneng was diese Spiel mache. Tut mir Leid habe keine aneng von alle Stratego regeln.

#6 Der Toller Jimmy

Der Toller Jimmy

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

You are better than me. I give up when I lose next battle. For me not a fun what you do main loverst friend. I schame for you most time. You are not a stupid kid why do you play than as a little kid? You can much better I know you are a master by SWG and why not here?  :unsure:

#7 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Did you really need to make another account just to talk great about yourself?

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#8 JimmyvonderAtlantis

JimmyvonderAtlantis

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Did you really need to make another account just to talk great about yourself?

no, he is main friend and his name is also jimmy to but living same in one house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users