Rules for the Online Stratego Tournament.
1) This event will be open to all player ranked at least a Bronze Captain or higher and if more than 64 players have signed up, then we will take the top 32 according their rank and the other 32 according the time of sign up at the time of final deadline by October the 1st, 2013 (4.oo am GMT).
2) Only one (1) account her household ISP may enter. Site Admin will check ISP's to assure no multiple account holders can enter the event. If multiple ISP has been discovered, both names will be disqualified from the event and the next highest ranked player 33 and 34 will be allowed to enter the event.
If someone tries to participate with 2 or more accounts and be discovered he will be punished with banning from future tournoua and also account reset of his most high rank account.
3) People who have been found guilty of cheating on our site are not eligible to enter this event .
4) Each player must know how to take screen shots and be able to post it in the forum in the results topic or send in E-mail to the Tournament Committee the results of any victory (in case you do not know visit this linkhttp://forum.strateg...view=getnewpost. Failure to do so, will nullify the match and the two players must play again. No victory will be declared by judges until a legit and readable screen shot has been sent by the winner. Example for the screenshot you must take in this link http://img546.images...6/8297/8dd4.png
5) Each round of the tournament will last one week and all matches will be random who will face one another.
Pairing will be done randomly, at the beginning of each round until the semi- finals.The randomization will be done by a little piece of software and a random list generator http://www.random.org/lists/
Players must arrange their games as soon as possible ( and always in the first 4 days) in the match arrangements topics for each round. The time of arrangement must be in both GMT and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) so there is no confusion on either side. (when GMT is 11am, EDT is 7am)
Europe sets their clocks back 1-hour to standard time on Oct. 27 and the U.S. does the same on Nov. 3
More help to find your time difference from GMT visit http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com
In cases that they can not arrange the time our committee will arrange that during the 3 last days of each round and according the days and hours they have posted to be available for the game. If one player do not appear in this time he automatically lose and the other player qualifies next round. This will be checked from a member of the organization team who will be in the challenge room 15 min before and 15 after the arrangment time.
6) All games will be unranked which means that players have to meet in the chat room “challenge zone” and after accept each other as a friend (in case they are not already) they can challenge in a friendly unranked battle.
In case one player do not appear in the challenge room at the arrangment time and within 30 min. the other player must make a post in results topic, in which he will report it to the committee (attaching a screenshot for proof). Non show means automatically forfeit except if both opponents agree to play the game in another time.
7) If any ties have be agreed upon, the match must be replayed until a winner with a legible screen shot has come forth. Next game must be exactly after the first except if both opponents agree to play the game in another time.
8) It is unfortunate but if player runs into a computer bug that forces them to leave the match with no ability to return with the two minutes and thirty second timer, the other player can claim victory by taking screen shot to show that they have left the game. EXCEPTION to this rule is during the setting up of the pieces if a player has been booted from the game, the game must be restarted since there is no victory screen shown at that point of the game.
9) There will be no glitching allowed during the match, anyone caught cheating during the match will have their rating reset as a first offense to cheating on our site prescribed by the Tournament Committee and you will be disqualified from the event and any future events.
10) Chat is allowed during the set up. During the game and until it is finished only If you wish to request a tie or a pause. Any kind of abusive behavior in the chat is strictly prohibited.During the game is also strictly prohibited to use the tie or break requests buttons without having the approval from the other player in the chat. If you wish to request a tie or a pause during the match, you must first verbally request the tie or pause and if agreed upon by both sides, the player who asked for the request must do it only on his turn .
11) If you are suddenly unable to finish a match for whatever reason, you are to resign your match and drop out of the event or if you are in a best of three series forfeit that game and play another game of the match at another time/date.
12) If a game is a clear draw and one side refuses to the draw, the person who demanded the draw must take screen shots of the match and label what they believe to be each of the opponents pieces if known. Tournament Committee will determine if the game was winnable to the side who refused the draw or they were just stalling. If there is clear proof that the game was not winnable by the side who won, they will be disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct and the player who demanded the draw will advance to the next round. It is encouraged if you believe you have the right to decline the draws, to take screen shots and show why you believe you should have won the match.
13) In first round only if a player is suddenly unable to play their match, Tournament Committee will have the right to assign the 65th player to enter the event and take over the empty slot.This can happen only before the start of the games. If judges are unable to find another player, then the player who was able to play the match will advance to the next round.
14) Any abusive behavior at the table will not be tolerated, players who are victim to such abuse are encouraged to take screen shots and report the player.Tournament Committee will determine if that players if they are the winner will be disqualified from the event or any future events.
15) Each round will have random single matches until the final four where ratings will determine who faces who in the best of 3 matches. The top player will faced the fourth highest ranked player and the second and third ranked player will face one another for the semi finals match. Winners qualify to the big final (games best of 3)
16) Top four finishers will be award battle coins for their play.
Winner: 7000 Battle Coins
Loser in Finals: 3000 Battle Coins
Semi Finals losers: 1000 Battle Coins
17) Top four finishers will have a post in the forum pinned to show their rankings as the top players.
18) All decisions by the Tournament Committee of the event are final.
19) With your sign up you admit that you have read all the rules and you accept them
The Tournament Committee
(Midnightguy, KARAISKAKIS ,maxroelofs, The Prof and Lt.Jones).