alexbond45

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

When I started Stratego, I started with the 1986 edition. Naturally, when the 2002 Nostalgia edition was also taken. There was a rule we always played with and I'd like it to be an optional rule you can use in games...

The "Rescue Rule" - if you reach the opponent's back row you may regain any captured piece

-Scouts cannot rescue, cannot rescue bombs, only 2 rescues allowed. Must be placed on your 5 row side of the board.

This rule I ALWAYS played with, so when I played and found it was not there, I was confused, as I believed it was a normal rule! This rule is actually very fun and can add an interesting twist, as I've brought many a-marshal back into the game

however, I've also brought the same amount, if not more, spies! hahahahaha. 

I rest my case. 

#2 WATB

WATB

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

How can you rescue a dead piece? You want to resurrect them? Stratego is not a game, it's pure War! :-)

Btw, never heard of that rule. It's not chess. :-)

\/\//\ Wim,

Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,023 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

How can you rescue a dead piece? You want to resurrect them? Stratego is not a game, it's pure War! :-)
Btw, never heard of that rule. It's not chess. :-)

Hey WATB, you must not have your thinking cap on with the chess comment. You can of course do this in chess. Take a pawn to your opponents back row and you can resurrect any dead piece in that game. Still, I've never heard of this rule for Stratego and I've never played that way. It is one of those kind of suggestions that changes the game more dramatically than it would appear to the casual observer. Few here would care for it, I'd wager. Nevertheless, it is an interesting idea. Thanks for posting it, alexbond.

GLS
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users