spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Spyros, on the whole this is something I think people agree with. It has been out on the wish list for when the developers next have an opportunity to make significant updates to the site.

As for the proper time limit to put on the game, I think this is something probably best decided by a vote / poll of the community.

In my opinion, there should be separate timers for each player rather than an overall game clock.

οκ..what about the other proposal that would add some valuable help (the one I propose inside my comments  for Spiff) ?

#1182 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

I understand the idea, but I think it is hard to accomplish..

For me, an average game is between 30-40 minutes, but my best battles were those long and intense battles for over an hour (70 minutes), but to give the average sore lose who ain't willing to give up, an extra hour when a game is decided within 15 minutes, is for me a no no

If your stratego games last for about 40 minutes then how long your chess games will last ? One day? I think that it should be an option for the players to select

#1183 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

If your stratego games last for about 40 minutes then how long your chess games will last ? One day? I think that it should be an option for the players to select

Please tickle me, I got a hard time laughing..

Ofcourse I got games between 10 seconds and 20 minutes, but a good battle last longer..

Remember it is a free site. We already ask way to much..

And a thing like this would be the last thing we need.

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#1184 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Maestro, your post was well constructed and you have brought out many valid points.  However, do not forget that there are things that on with this site, that we are aware of and you wouldn't be.  Some of the points you bring are things that are beyond the Justice Committee's control and would need to be taken up with Ash our Customer Care Representative.  Once he returns from his vacation, we will encourage him to read your post or I will be happy to mail this post to him myself.  If you wish to write to him with some of your suggestions, we welcome you to do that as well.  

Like LTG said, with the new year now upon us, we look to see some changes coming for the good soon.  When that will happen, we don't know and we don't know the extent.  Do understand that Jumbo gaming runs this site, it is their decision what will be done with this site, and it has nothing to do with the Justice Committee or even Ash not wanting to do anything.  

I had already constructed a rough draft of some changes I'd like to see happen and we are still going over them as you wrote this letter.  I will keep the points you brought up in mind as I continue to press for new changes in the forum.  This will not be an overnight thing keep in mind, and some of the things we wish to accomplish will need the backing of Ash.  

• LearningThisGame likes this

#1185 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

I am right - YOU are wrong:

As stated in the Stratego.com Terms & Conditions:

"4. Rules of the game

4.1 General rules. For each Stratego variant Stratego has defined rules that you must obey. Stratego will determine whether you satisfy the conditions.

4.2 No unfair practices. You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage."

DS - You should really check your facts before you go spouting off bad information on the forums.

I will consider Spyros' comments as a very uninformed confession.

You know, I really like all you Greek guys but you need to get it together.

Spiff

Spiff, as LTG said earlier, yes we have gone over this before.  To start assuming people who have two or more accounts as cheaters is wrong.  If that is the case all the programmers, staff, and including us the JC..including myself would be cheaters too then.  I agree that the rule needs to be updated, but to call out people in public because they have another name isn't fitting here and this needs to stop now.  I respect much of what you have written in the past and agreed with much of it, but here I disagree.  

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#1186 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Please tell me if I am wrong and am glitching so I do what the community thinks is best.  I have played a couple games where I have a 9, the other guy has a 10, I am on the row that allows to me run around the lake forever without being caught, and the other guy will not accept a draw.  both flags are hidden with bombs.  Am I right to keep giving draw requests.  I am not trying to glitch, but i have played with people that will take more than an hour just chasing me in circles and its lame because clearly it is a draw situation.  Thanks

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#1187 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • 1,550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Gaius,  if this happens again please take screenshots to document the situation and post them in the forum.  If the Justice Committee finds that your opponent is avoiding an obvious tie we will find him guilty.  Here's a list of what you need to have a strong case:

• A screenshot showing the game in a obvious tie situation and showing the time.
  • A screenshot showing the opponent refusing a tie.
  • Another screenshot showing the game has still not progressed and showing that a significant amount of time has passed since the first screenshot (say, at least 10 minutes)
  • Another screenshot showing the opponent refused the tie. 

In no case should you try to glitch your opponent.  If you are caught you will be subject to account reset and/or banning.  We accept no justification for attempting to cheat in this way.

• Midnightguy and KARAISKAKIS like this

#1188 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

Please tell me if I am wrong and am glitching so I do what the community thinks is best.  I have played a couple games where I have a 9, the other guy has a 10, I am on the row that allows to me run around the lake forever without being caught, and the other guy will not accept a draw.  both flags are hidden with bombs.  Am I right to keep giving draw requests.  I am not trying to glitch, but i have played with people that will take more than an hour just chasing me in circles and its lame because clearly it is a draw situation.  Thanks

Also you must have in your mind, if you do not know already, that try to glitch your opponent means that you ask tie request on his turn.

So in these cases all the requests must be on your turn and only.

#1189 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

don't take screen shots if you are not doing anything wrong.

innocent until proven guilty.

#1190 HIV-AIDS

HIV-AIDS

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

GREEKILLERS GR CHEATING PROOF IS SENT TO THE ADMINISTRATION FOLKS ;)

• YOUR MASTER likes this

#1191 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

οκ..what about the other proposal that would add some valuable help (the one I propose inside my comments  for Spiff) ?

Personally, I like it in general. I don't think that it is realistic in the short term, though, given development resource constraints. I assume you are referring to in-game moderators.

We would also need to find a good set of in-game moderators, which is another issue altogether.

How can I help you?

#1192 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

If I properly understand the situation you have described (and those are the only moveable pieces left on the board - the 9 and 10), then to me it is reasonable and fair to offer draw requests on your turn. (Start taking a series of screenshots as soon as you see what is going on; the more screenshots over a period of time, the more convincing your case will be). After your second offer, I would urge you to open the chat dialogue, explain to them why it is a draw, and ask them if they will draw. Then, if that fails, continue your effort to make your third and final request on your turn (screenshot capture this) and (screenshot capture their refusal to accept). This would provide for a very compelling case, in my opinion. Then if you must you can surrender the game and contact the JC for a remedy.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear. Thanks for the good question.

How can I help you?

#1193 Kris Kross

Kris Kross

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

So I make a post about voyager99 refusing to take a draw and moderators delete it? I asked if you wanted screenshots about his unsporting behavior and it gets deleted? Someone explain why this guy gets a free pass?

#1194 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

So I make a post about voyager99 refusing to take a draw and moderators delete it? I asked if you wanted screenshots about his unsporting behavior and it gets deleted? Someone explain why this guy gets a free pass?

We will be happy to review cases where accusations are accompanied by proof. This is not the first time we have noted that accusations made without proof will be removed. Nor is it the first time you have been made aware of this. Nor are you unfamiliar with our consistent request for screenshots, so the question about whether we need screenshots is - with all due respect - a bit...bizarre (to put it nicely). That is why the original post was removed.

If you wish to report voyager99, we are happy to review it, but please include screenshots herein or email them to the committee. Thanks!

How can I help you?

#1195 Kris Kross

Kris Kross

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

I asked you if you would like them, instead of responding you just delete, Gee Thanks. What a site this has become, complete chaos, no control

#1196 Kris Kross

Kris Kross

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

And the reason I ask is because with all the screenshots I have provided you, not once has a player even received a warning from you!!! And as far as you asking for more evidence, dont you think it would be a bit--um let me say....bizarre that I wouldn't give you everything I have? Please dont be a hypocrite, and arrogant when you are suppose to be moderating. Much appreciated

#1197 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Personally, I like it in general. I don't think that it is realistic in the short term, though, given development resource constraints. I assume you are referring to in-game moderators.

We would also need to find a good set of in-game moderators, which is another issue altogether.

Correct, I'm referring to in-game moderators but you must be able to watch a game and end it appropriately (e.g. by giving a draw)

#1198 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

And the reason I ask is because with all the screenshots I have provided you, not once has a player even received a warning from you!!! And as far as you asking for more evidence, dont you think it would be a bit--um let me say....bizarre that I wouldn't give you everything I have? Please dont be a hypocrite, and arrogant when you are suppose to be moderating. Much appreciated

I already gave you the reason why your post was removed by a moderator. If there was a misunderstanding, then I apologize on behalf of the team.

As for your other accusations, we have already sent you an email detailing that one of your cases is under review and what we are waiting for. We have also followed up multiple times in the past with requests for further information. You have still refused to respond to those replies despite multiple follow-ups from us. 

If you do not wish to respond, then we cannot proceed with the case. That is why some of your cases have either been closed or postponed pending your response. In some cases, your accusation is actually unfounded (i.e., wrong) unless you can prove otherwise; this is why we gave you a chance to reply with clarification in case we misunderstood your argument. Again, you chose not to reply.

If you don't have further evidence or clarification as we requested, then we may perhaps correctly have concluded there was insufficient evidence to find someone guilty or that you were just simply wrong in your assessment (as in the case of, say http://forum.strateg...ge-59#entry9968, which we responded to already). And, no, it is not unusual for us to request more evidence and to find that sometimes players have more information/screenshots then they originally posted or presented (e.g., due to lack of time to post up or send all their screenshots). At the very least, those players usually respond to our follow-ups rather than staying radio silent. 

If you want to attack us, it would be better if you first presented the whole story. Thanks.

If you feel there is still a case that hasn't been resolved, then please let us know, and we will address it. But please check first to make sure you have replied to all outstanding emails for those cases. If there is something we have missed, then I apologize, but I don't believe there is anything still outstanding that we have not updated you on or asked for further information without a response from you.

We will be happy then to complete our reviews or reopen cases where needed. 

How can I help you?

#1199 Kris Kross

Kris Kross

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

You just don't get it. This site needs a complete overhaul

#1200 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Learningthisgame:

Ofcourse I got more questions..

I assume my reset will be there when Ash got the time.. What will be resetted?

It is just ELO? or also the win/loss ratio? And will it be reset from now, or will any future game till the reset also be gone?

From my understanding, Ash would just reset the ELO rating. The reset will occur when Ash is able to execute this recommendation. I would thus encourage you to hold off from playing any games under that handle until Ash is able to do so. We are trying to work with Ash to get these judgments implemented as soon as possible. 

How can I help you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users