• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

I resigned so I gave him the win

wow you lost unfairly Points.

You had to do all this(ha ha ha)

• A screenshot showing the game in a obvious tie situation and showing the time.
  • A screenshot showing the opponent refusing a tie.
  • Another screenshot showing the game has still not progressed and showing that a significant amount of time has passed since the first screenshot (say, at least 10 minutes)
  • Another screenshot showing the opponent refused the tie.

#1163 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

A new year A new start

The way things were going in 2013 showed me one thing: there need to be some huge changes here, or else this whole thing is pretty much doomed.

There are a lot of problems and they are made even bigger by not taking the RIGHT steps/actions. So let’s first take a look what the problems are:

1. glitching

2. refusing tie

3. abusive players / trash talk

4. multiple accounts

5. ELO ranking/match making/rank sitters

6. The JC / TC / Moderators

Ad 1 & 2. These should be fixed by program changes, and since that won’t happen soon we have to deal with it and make some additional rules (see point 6).

Ad 3.  Since the goal is to create a place where all people can play and feel good, we need to get rid of all the trashtalking. It should NOT be part of online gaming. You a playing people you don't know and this game is not all about you. So don't start herassing people just because YOU think that is cool. There are certain members that really love to do it. Add them to your friends list, invite them for as many games as you want and start throwing insults. Leave others alone or get banned. Again see point 6. 

Ad 4. It is AGAINST the rules, and can only be accepted if there is a rule change and/or if there is a clear explanation why more than 1 account is tolerated. Again see point 6.

Ad 5. Due to points 1 & 2 (and point 4 as well) there is nothing that can be done about this, until there are program changes, like invisibility of non-active players /point deductions (or whatever is best)

Ad 6. All the above points show us one thing. Without very good (additional) rules, explanations of them and complete fairness when judging cases this site is doomed. Clear and simple.

So that means point 6 is the most important one of all and, as long as there are no technical solutions, it is all we have. And there are multiple HUGE problems here, which need to be taken care of IMMEDIATELY. I can’t think of any excuses to NOT do that, other than not WANTING to. And if that is the case that person should resign today! There are enough people that DO want to clean this mess up.

The overall problem is the complete lack of transparency, which leads to lost in faith/trust, complains, self vigilantism, (more) cheating and so on.

Problems:

The moderators: The Forum is a complete MESS. I think as moderators you can and should make the use of a forum as easy and transparent possible.

I suggest you move all the old post (pre 2014) to the off topic forum or create a new one and then have these subfora:

• News and Updates (this should be the most important one): in this one you should make (closed) separate sticky posts on: rules / sanctions in case of glitching, rules / sanctions in case of refusing tie, rules / sanctions in case of abusiveness, and rules / sanctions on multiple accounts. You can also announce upcoming tournaments here (as a sticky) and post the rules/sanctions for them.
  • Feedback/Bugs: (strictly technical issues)
  • Game discussion: Talk about strategies, Peoples stories on great victories etc
  • Off Topic: football, songs, whatever
  • The App discussion forum is completely unclear to me, so I guess should be ended/merged with Feedback/Bugs

Every subforum, should have a first closed sticky post explaining who the moderator is for THAT subforum, how to contact them and how to behave on this (sub)forum, for example making very clear what issues can be posted here and what issues should be posted on a different forum.

The Moderating team (MT) should assign (an) MT-member(s) as main-moderator for a certain subforum and then that person should take COMPLETE responsibility for “their” forum, meaning they make sure they keep it clean of off topic issues, abusiveness etc. Most important they are responsible for a clear structure of “their” forum (no doubleposts, keeping things readable, etc) and being able to respond to questions/remarks from members.

I think there should maybe even be 2 extra subfora (or maybe 1 extra and one taking the place of the App forum): one for tournaments and one for cheaters-issues.

The tournament forum should have (as a closed sticky) the announcement of the date(s), rules, prizes and the names of the members of the Tournament Committee (TC) for that tournament. The tournament should also be announced in the News and Updates forum (but then all other matters should be in the Tournament forum). Then there is room to make a separate signup page and during the event a separate one for pairings (sticky and closed) and open ones for separate matches (for the screenprints of the results etc). There can also be a tournament Rankings closed sticky post.

Cheaters: there should be a separate sub-forum or if not possible an open sticky on the News/Update forum for this. I would really prefer a separate subforum, because of transparency. Then you can have separate sticky posts:

• Explanation by the moderator Closed sticky) how to post accusations the use of screenshots, what is and is not considered cheating, the sanctions (should be VERY clear) and who will look at the accusations and come with verdicts (I STRONGLY suggest a namechange from JC to anything else, like Game committee or whatever you can come up with because the JUSTICE committee really was (and is) way too much in my opinion and to be honest, now has a reputation that is far from spotless.)
  • (closed) by the moderator explaining how to react to things like glitch attempts, but also telling people that it sometimes is better to take the draw and leave for a nicer opponent.
  • (closed) List of punished cheaters (if someone is banned you can clean up the list after a while, no need to have names of 10 months ago on there)
  • (open) accusing cheaters
  • If there is a notorious cheater, and we all know there are some, there could even be a separate open sticky be made. The Moderator should open that post and update their FIRST post in there with the latest news (like “being under review” “found guilty, but still waiting on administrative actions”). All posts in the general Cheaters topic concerning THIS cheater should be immediately moved by the Moderator to this topic. That way the general topic stays clean and readable.

I really see NO reasons for the Moderators not to implement the restructuring / cleaning of the forum IMMEDIATELY. It will take some time (unless you move all the old stuff to off topic and start fresh today, which I think is the best option).   

The JC (old name – should be changed) and TC.

The biggest problem here again is the lack of transparency. There should be very clear rules on what IS allowed and what is NOT, those rules should have CLEAR sanctions with no or little (well explained) exceptions.

First of all the name should be changed to show there is a fresh start, then there should be a whole new Committee, meaning some members could stay but there needs to be some personnel changes as well. Right now the moderators,  JC and TC are all more or less the SAME people which is ridiculous and leads to a lot of accusations, frustrations etc which can (and will) lead to more cheating, people taking matters in their own hands etc. There is no justification for it either, as all are complete different disciplines and it is wrong and unfair (to all concerned) to think that a person that let’s say is good at moderating can be a great organizer of tournaments as well, or a person that has the gift to run tournaments smoothly has ANY knowledge or qualities (to be responsible) for rules and sanctions on cheaters.

Therefore, there should be a SEPERATION OF POWERS. Without that all other changes are completely useless. So pick the best moderators and let them do that: Moderate their forum and help the community. Pick a new committee for rules/sanctions. Let different People run small tournaments and see who are the most gifted ones and ask them to start running bigger tournaments when the time is right. Of course people running a tournament can’t play in their own tournament, so that is something they have to think about. But organizing something like that can also be a lot of fun.

Since the current rankings are quite meaningless and becoming even less so every minute (due to multiple accounts, cheating etc) there should be a separate tournament ranking. That topic should be made a closed sticky as well. We should use a system with points per match - like 0 (loss), 1 (draw) 2 (win). This point system is just a suggestion/example. I am quite sure that very soon all the serious players will look more at the tournament ranking then the “normal” ranking. There should be as many tournaments (small and big) as possible. Of course only one account can play per tournament etc.

As the forumposts show there are enough knowledgeable and enthusiastic people that can fill the spots for a TC ,  “JC”, or moderating function (MT).

I think these changes should be implemented IMMEDIATELY as there is no reason to wait (things are getting worse by the day). AGAIN: I can’t think of any excuses to NOT do that, other than not WANTING to. And if that is the case that person should resign today! There are enough people that DO want to clean this mess up. 

Have a great 2014 and a fresh start!

PS. Please if you want to respond DON'T Quote the entire text or large parts of it, that just messes up the whole post/forum. let's keep things readable.

• SpacemanSpiff, Midnightguy, GaryLShelton and 2 others like this

#1164 Tromonomos

Tromonomos

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

I am reporting "Tasosalik" for glitching.

He Kept on spamming the tie and pause button even when I warned him not to, and did manage to drop me out.
His reply as you can see in the post "XESTIKA"  means I dont give a sh@t. Greek users can confirm this.

Thanks in advance.

Attached File  tasosalik.jpg   227.9KB   38 downloads

#1165 kostas2506

kostas2506

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

tasossalik cheter.αsked 100 times a draw and BREAK, complete deletion of please. Great thief.

#1166 kostas2506

kostas2506

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Ρε παιδιά αηδία κατάντησε πια με τα αιτήματα, κάντε κάτι. Και είναι και Ελληνες συνήθως. Έιμαστε αναρχικός λαός για αντάρτοπόλεμο  δεν μας πάει το στρατέγκο.!

#1167 kostas2506

kostas2506

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

tasos malik cheter

http://www.webpagesc...04d999-37668670

http://www.webpagesc...c112f6-68419203

http://www.webpagesc...5b1095-76332786

http://www.webpagesc...2a9178-17715587

#1168 Tromonomos

Tromonomos

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

You must have been his next opponent after he did the same to me.
Complete deletion indeed. 

#1169 kostas2506

kostas2506

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

yes after you .Τα ιδια ελεγε και σε μενα.

#1170 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Ρε παιδιά αηδία κατάντησε πια με τα αιτήματα, κάντε κάτι. Και είναι και Ελληνες συνήθως. Έιμαστε αναρχικός λαός για αντάρτοπόλεμο  δεν μας πάει το στρατέγκο.!

Εχεις δικιο Κωστα δυστηχως οι πιο πολλοι ειναι Ελληνες αλλα δεν σημαινει αυτο οτι οι Ελληνες γενικα,δεν μπορουμε να παιζουμε σε κορυφαιο επιπεδο stratego επειδη βρεθηκαν 10-20 ηλιθιοι, ουτε ειμαστε αναρχικος λαος(προσπαθουν να μας κανουν ομως καποιοι αλλοι λαοι-οχι οτι δεν φταιμε και εμεις- που εχουν το χρημα και την εξουσια και θελουν να πετυχουν τον σκοπο τους).

Συγνωμη φιλε μου καταλαβαινω πως νιωθεις και μακαρι το 2014 να ειναι καλυτερη χρονια απο το 2013 για ολο τον κοσμο.

#1171 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Ad 3.  Since the goal is to create a place where all people can play and feel good, we need to get rid of all the trashtalking. It should NOT be part of online gaming. You a playing people you don't know and this game is not all about you. So don't start herassing people just because YOU think that is cool. There are certain members that really love to do it. Add them to your friends list, invite them for as many games as you want and start throwing insults. Leave others alone or get banned. Again see point 6. 

I like and agree with everything written her,e by the meastro

One thing to get rid of the trash talking is to implend a system with pre-made texture..

for example..

Press 1 for hello

press 2 for good luck

press 3 for good game

press 4 for I had a hard time

press 5 for good move

and so on.. BUT not that you can spam it.

People need a number of posts on the forum, or a number of games played (tho i think the last won't be an option as we got alot of people with 1k+ games still talking crap) to use the normal chat, make it some high number so people can actually deserve it..

Or something I don't like much, but is an option.. Buy it off with battlecoins. When people do trashtalk and its proven a few times enable "disable chat for a few days/weeks as a fine

If you become friends you can chat whatever you want.

Friends in the forum should automaticly be friends in-game, which at the moment ain't like that.

Learningthisgame:

Ofcourse I got more questions..

I assume my reset will be there when Ash got the time.. What will be resetted?

It is just ELO? or also the win/loss ratio? And will it be reset from now, or will any future game till the reset also be gone?

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#1172 kostas2506

kostas2506

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Συμφωνω με οτι είπες δεν διαφωνώ αλλα τα πιτσιρίκια τα δικά μας  έχουν την αντίδραση στο αίμα τους. Γιατί οι τσίτες 15 χρονα είναι.

#1173 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Aυτο που σε cheatare 15 χρονο ειναι απο αθηνα.

Απο την παρεα του vjhon,only AEK,Stergios papan.

Επειτηδες γραφει ανορθογραφα εγω ξερω απο οτι μου ειπε ο φιλαρακος του οτι ειναι πολυ καλος μαθητης αλλα προσπαθει με αυτον τον τροπο να μην καταλαβουμε ποιος ειναι.

Οταν οι προγραμματιστες του site κανουν τις διορθωσεις που πρεπει ετσι ωστε να αλλαξει σελιδα το site θα πρεπει να παρουν ip αυτων των cheater(tsites οπως ειπες) και να εχουν μετα να κανουν με τους ιδιοκτητες του site.

Τοτε να δουμε αν χεστηκαν.

Μας εχουν σπασει τα νευρα φιλε μου(σκεφτομαι να παιξω η να μην παιξω μηπως και πετυχω κανενα βλαμενο).

Dekaeneas-Spy

#1174 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

I am right - YOU are wrong:

As stated in the Stratego.com Terms & Conditions:

"4. Rules of the game

4.1 General rules. For each Stratego variant Stratego has defined rules that you must obey. Stratego will determine whether you satisfy the conditions.

4.2 No unfair practices. You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage."

DS - You should really check your facts before you go spouting off bad information on the forums.

I will consider Spyros' comments as a very uninformed confession.

You know, I really like all you Greek guys but you need to get it together.

Spiff

My friend Spiff,

As I have said before MOST of the top players (including Satan) use multiple accounts and if everyone reveal their second or third account AS I DID then I think you would have no problem to this. Would you? Stratego is just a game and not a court where you as a lawyer will try to prove something by copy/paste the rules and conditions. Let the moderators decide and tell us IN SIMPLE WORDS what is allowed and not. From my point of view, if an online game has rules then all these must be automatically chosen so we don't have to read something and prove that you or me are wrong. A game which has 1000 rules isn't a game. When you play  sometimes the power may be cut off , your internet connection may be lost or you may mis-click. Should we also have rules for these cases? . Even if you ban the IP address there are many ways to use a different one to play again and again (I hope that greekillers will not find the way!!!). Maybe we request so many things from an online game which  at the end IS FOR FREE and hasn't implemented by the CIA

I believe that the best solution is for the moderators to be able to watch the games and decide online (as they did in metaforge). With this way we will not care if someone glitches or denies a tie. Taking screenshots and reporting again and again (sometimes they will not be enough as it happened in my case) has become ridiculous and I wonder how many more times we will have to do it. I bet that a lot of people haven't reported someone because they got bored at the end

From my point of view, if everyone just reported "Check game X" then everyone would be happy.

Thank you all and happy new year

#1175 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Maestro,

You make some very good points, and as someone also with legal training and judicial experience, I agree with many of your points. Some have even been privately discussed.

Personally, I would like to see the rules updated and a clear indication of new policies listed on the main playing site itself (rather than just the forum). I agree that there should be a clearer section with the rules and policies and guidance from the admins and Moderators.

Right now a big challenge is that the Moderators have limited ability to change around the core structure of the forum. This ability exists at a level above us. We also cannot update the News and Updates section (as an example).

Let's just say that there are a lot of discussions going on privately behind the scenes that I hope in 2014 will allow for many of these issues to be resolved. In the meantime, let us see if there is something we might be able to do to act upon some of your constructive feedback and criticisms, which are appreciated. I'll bring this up with the moderators and, where possible, the admins, as this is not something I can unilaterally determine or agree to.
How can I help you?

#1176 spyros77

spyros77

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

AlexDavid has been found not guilty. There is insufficient evidence at this time to verify beyond a reasonable doubt that the tie request was unfounded. 

Dear all,

Please investigate with the developers team  if a game could not last forever but to have an upper limit in the total duration (e.g. 20 minutes). With this way, the game would have been more aggressive and no-one would earn a game without deserving it (like AlexDavid). Moreover, this limitation prevent everyone to play defensive for long time

Please let me know if you agree and if it feasible

Thanks

#1177 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

I am reporting "Tasosalik" for glitching.
He Kept on spamming the tie and pause button even when I warned him not to, and did manage to drop me out.
His reply as you can see in the post "XESTIKA"  means I dont give a sh@t. Greek users can confirm this.
Thanks in advance.
attachicon.giftasosalik.jpg

I am sorry for the annoyance caused. We are waiting for the admins to ban this player.

Did you end up accepting the tie offer?
How can I help you?

#1178 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Dear all,

Please investigate with the developers team if a game could not last forever but to have an upper limit in the total duration (e.g. 20 minutes). With this way, the game would have been more aggressive and no-one would earn a game without deserving it (like AlexDavid). Moreover, this limitation prevent everyone to play defensive for long time

Thanks

Spyros, on the whole this is something I think people agree with. It has been out on the wish list for when the developers next have an opportunity to make significant updates to the site.

As for the proper time limit to put on the game, I think this is something probably best decided by a vote / poll of the community.

In my opinion, there should be separate timers for each player rather than an overall game clock.
How can I help you?

#1179 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Dear all,

Please investigate with the developers team  if a game could not last forever but to have an upper limit in the total duration (e.g. 20 minutes). With this way, the game would have been more aggressive and no-one would earn a game without deserving it (like AlexDavid). Moreover, this limitation prevent everyone to play defensive for long time

Thanks

I understand the idea, but I think it is hard to accomplish..

For me, an average game is between 30-40 minutes, but my best battles were those long and intense battles for over an hour (70 minutes), but to give the average sore lose who ain't willing to give up, an extra hour when a game is decided within 15 minutes, is for me a no no

• LearningThisGame likes this

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#1180 Tromonomos

Tromonomos

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I am sorry for the annoyance caused. We are waiting for the admins to ban this player. 

Did you end up accepting the tie offer? 

Nope, I rejected both "tie" and "pause" offered by him multiple times, till at some point I got disconnected.
Unfortunately when this happens, the game does not offer a rejoin option.
So I lost the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users