tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

I had a large lead on eatabut. I was a marshal, colonel and two cappies ahead and I had his spy also (see screen shots below). He then started requesting continuous break requests and tie requests (see screen shots below). The system then booted me out. At this point the system assigned me a loss. At no time did I accept his pause or break requests. You will need to delete the loss from my record, add a victory to my record and ban eatabut from playing here again. He is a cheat. Here are the screenshots:

eatabut.jpg

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE PROGRAMMERS CANNOT FIX THIS ISSUE. GEEZUZ WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT DISABLING THIS SH*T SO THIS STUFF DOESN'T HAPPEN ?!!

#42 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for the report Tableplay, a report on Eatabut has been filed as a cheater soon as the Jumbo management gets my report, he'll be reset to bronze spy 100.  I have also taken your report on Georgia and we'll get to work on that player too.  

#43 NSquared

NSquared

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

I take a screenshot of EVERY tie request, disconnect, or pause request I encounter, whether or not they may be legitimate. So yes, I have an example of Dugay Trouin's behavior. 

This should be enough evidence to support the claims of others. (Ps- you'll notice I was crushing him that game when the tie request came.)

I have ~40 screenshots of similar actions by various other players, but I can't post them all. I would only post one if it would help confirm other players' claims. 

#44 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Well, it looks like the ultimate solution to the cheating problem on this site is a hybrid of vigilante justice (which I initiated a couple of months ago) and administrative support.  I believe that the group that has been assembled will essentially eradicate cheating from the site within a few weeks.  Congratulations for your efforts, gentlemen.

#45 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Well, it looks like the ultimate solution to the cheating problem on this site is a hybrid of vigilante justice (which I initiated a couple of months ago) and administrative support.  I believe that the group that has been assembled will essentially eradicate cheating from the site within a few weeks.  Congratulations for your efforts, gentlemen.

That's really your word isn't it?

Hypocrite player that justifies to cheat himself in order to fight the cheaters.

I never cheated you but you sure tried to cheat me, guess you won't remember that anymore uh?!?

You can say what you like about my chat but at least I don't cheat.

Plus I already reported three cheaters here in this section, what did you do?  Right, nothing...as usual.

And of course you need a statue now, lol.........cuz' after all, YOU are the one that initiated that movement!!!!!!

Yeah right, as if,......thousands of players did it before you.

Except they are different than you,.........they're not claiming that they are the holy vigilante player who saw the light suddenly.

Bye Wonkey the noob

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#46 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Eatabut,..........well, I faced him again and of course he was losing and he tried to glitch me again.

This time it worked,....I don't know how he did it but this is really disgusting.

Why isn't this retard banned already??????

He has been warned before!

Game on the board was my two lieutenants and two miners vs his three scouts so I was gonna win anyway (I had sealed flag).

Here is the proof once again so BAN THIS STUPID PATHETIC NOOB please!

http://imageshack.us...4/5484/3yhl.jpg

http://imageshack.us...2/7853/lswz.jpg

http://imageshack.us...5/1169/tzfa.jpg

http://imageshack.us...2/1415/ojje.jpg

http://imageshack.us...1/9777/ob1w.jpg

http://imageshack.us...8/9176/nloe.jpg

This is already his second warning AT LEAST.  His account should be banned so that he can't play anymore.

#47 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

This is really cheater's paradise.

Next game I played I faced a cheater........AGAIN!!!

This time it's Henry79 and he was losing bigtime.

I almost had his flag and then he started with his pathetic requesting.

Because the game was almost finished, I only could take 3 screenshots.

After the third attempt he gave up.

Nevertheless it's totally unacceptable so reset this guy his stats immediately.

I believe someone already has reported him before so that means a ban!

Here the proof :

1v1l.jpg

9cv7.jpg

67y2.jpg

#48 SEKERTZISS

SEKERTZISS

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

HELLO PLEASE DELETE  THIS PLAYER KSE-KABAL-A

IS BIG BIG BIG BIG CHEATER

SEKERTZIS STAVROS -PRESIDENT GREEK  FEDERATION STRATEGO-

#49 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

The community can not punish any cheaters without proof, try to get some screenshots SEKERTZISS. :)

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#50 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

You're welcome. The big question is why isn't this guy banned. Today he victimized another player (Trickz), yet the initial incidents against eatabut were posted some days ago. His rating should not be reset to bronze scout, he should be banned as this was not his first attempt at cheating.

Superdrew I see what you are saying too, but it renders the whole ranking system meaningless and makes playing here totally unenjoyable if all you encounter is cheating whenever you try and move a piece.

cheers, tp.

Thanks for the report Tableplay, a report on Eatabut has been filed as a cheater soon as the Jumbo management gets my report, he'll be reset to bronze spy 100.  I have also taken your report on Georgia and we'll get to work on that player too.  

#51 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

Trickz/Kabal:  It seems that your 1-9 record against me is starting to cause some emotional chafing.  I recommend seeing a doctor about that--perhaps there is some medicine that will help you cope with losing since you can no longer cheat.

#52 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Trickz/Kabal:  It seems that your 1-9 record against me is starting to cause some emotional chafing.  I recommend seeing a doctor about that--perhaps there is some medicine that will help you cope with losing since you can no longer cheat.

My record against you doesn't bother me at all.

Even if I'm 100-1 behind, I'm still near you with the ranking....like always,......you act like you have a few hundred points more on the ranking, lol!  At your top, then maybe you have 30 points more than me so imagine how bad you perform against other silver players hahahahaha :D

In general I'm better than you against other opponents.

And unlike you I NEVER cheated anyone. You can't tell the same thing, can you mister vigilante? LOL!!!

You're still mad cuz' I chased you ONE time in only ONE of our games and that you call cheating of course.

Then you have some serious issues dude.

Btw, How many times did you try to glitch your opponent except me?

I bet incountable times arrogant narcistisc noob without any selfreflection at all.

How many times did I try to glitch my opponent?

ZERO times!

So your words are really useless, end of discussion.

#53 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Guess I really attract cheaters.  Think I already reported 6 cheaters in this topic.

Well,....apparantly that's not enough cuz' here is number 7.

Username : Dhi

He went for the lotto with the marsh, went bad so that's why he decided to spam requests.

And if that's not enough,...this guy also likes to flood on the chat.

It was quite entertaining.

Here the proof :

ker8.jpg

fx8y.jpg

97tk.jpg

1yw6.jpg

If he hasn't been reported yet, then it's a reset.

#54 GEORGIA

GEORGIA

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hello midnight guy ,

I didn't cheat.I was in a hurry because i had a special case.I asked for break and tie , he didnt accept , and for this i continue the game and surrendered.Please correct , there is big difference between cheating and asking tie and break because i had to go .

Thanks in advance for correcting the mistake, and double check the cheating proofs which i upload helping stratego committee to see each case with a proof.

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

#55 TestAccount

TestAccount

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hello midnight guy ,

I didn't cheat.I was in a hurry because i had a special case.I asked for break and tie , he didnt accept , and for this i continue the game and surrendered.Please correct , there is big difference between cheating and asking tie and break because i had to go .

Thanks in advance for correcting the mistake, and double check the cheating proofs which i upload helping stratego committee to see each case with a proof.

This suggests (at least) two possibilities/issues:

1) The Justice Committee's method of determining who is cheating needs refinement.

2) Georgia needs to find more convincing proof that the actions s/he took were not in the spirit of cheating. I don't know the specifics of this case, but if Georgia asked for a break and then a tie repeatedly, how would the Justice Committee distinguish that from an attempted cheater? Should the Justice Committee even make said distinction?

Again, people should be allowed to use what is at their disposal. If the system allows for tie and break requests, then let it go. They have every right to use what is at their disposal. If that is not intended or the system is being abused, then DISABLE THAT FUNCTIONALITY. The outrage and concern should be focused on fixing the bugs in the system or modifying functionality as appropriate. That is the ROOT problem that should be addressed. Everything else the Justice Committee is doing, laudable as it is, is only tackling the symptoms of the disease. 

• KingTubby and KARAISKAKIS like this

#56 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,389 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

GEORGIA, if you are in a hurry and need to go, then you should surrender the game to your opponent.  He/she should not be expected to accept a tie in this case.  Also, I do not understand why you would request a pause if you were not able to finish the game.  Tie and pause requests in the same game are strong indicators of cheating behavior.  However, the committee will take your explanation into consideration and decide whether or not to reverse our decision in this case.   All players should take this as a warning, if you take actions that look very much like what cheaters do, then you will likely be assumed to be cheating.  

#57 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

We have decided to reserve our decision on Georgia to not guilty and removed their name from the guilty list.  Lesson learned and in the future, if anyone else needs to end a game or can not finish a game, do the right thing and just resign.  If you need to take a break,  the best thing to do is ask for one so there won't be any confusion and the same should go for ties as well.  I know it's shameful that you have to verbally ask for breaks/ties when all you have to do is click the button.  However, until something is done about this issue of the glitches, we have to look at cases it may be cheating.  

#58 TestAccount

TestAccount

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

We have decided to reserve our decision on Georgia to not guilty and removed their name from the guilty list.  Lesson learned and in the future, if anyone else needs to end a game or can not finish a game, do the right thing and just resign.  If you need to take a break,  the best thing to do is ask for one so there won't be any confusion and the same should go for ties as well.  I know it's shameful that you have to verbally ask for breaks/ties when all you have to do is click the button.  However, until something is done about this issue of the glitches, we have to look at cases it may be cheating.  

Not a bad idea...except you assume players all understand the same language and/or will take the time to translate pause requests made in writing. 

Some players also never look at chat during the game.

#59 TestAccount

TestAccount

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

If a break is needed, pressing the request button should be fine. It is the combination of ties and break requests that is presumably more indicative of attempted cheating. 

I'd advise that when people take screenshots, they not only show the relative numbers of captured pieces, but also a timestamp.

#60 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

The community can not punish any cheaters without proof, try to get some screenshots SEKERTZISS. :)

Do not worry maxroelofs. We have 11 screenshots !!! as a proof in other game for this cheater and he already faces the punishment to be banned of the site. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users