• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

anything about IceWall?

bad news.. 
has now melted and became water wall  :/
im sorry for that. that guys is steel free..

όπως ο αλιγάτορας συντριβή την λία του έτσι και εγώ θα συντρίβω τους αντιπαλους μου έναν έναν.. ;)

#462 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,434 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

anything about IceWall?

I SEND YOU P.M.

#463 -Unique-

-Unique-

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hi all,

Just had an other cheater, see pictures below. Game started all normal but when he was losing he started offering draw and disconnecting all the time untill i got kicked out of the game. Why is this cheat not fixable it is pretty irritating. Name of the cheater: greekkillers gr.

I have another picture but it is to big to upload.

Attached Files

#464 -Unique-

-Unique-

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

See previous post

#465 Aligatoraς

Aligatoraς

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

omg hahahahahahhaa

όπως ο αλιγάτορας συντριβή την λία του έτσι και εγώ θα συντρίβω τους αντιπαλους μου έναν έναν.. ;)

#466 yuckfou

yuckfou

New Recruit

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hi,

I want to report a player called Ahman Freman.

He was losing the game hard and then he tried to glitch me.

Here are some pics :

kowa.png

4toz.png

pvdg.png

6ucz.png

#467 morgancapecod

morgancapecod

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Player Martyn attempted 3 glitches vs me. Pics sent to JC. I had a Marshall, two Majors, a Sergeant and 3 Miners. He had only 1 Miner.

#468 Strobe

Strobe

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I played two games against: Spyros77

I wont say that he (she) is a master cheater, however he ask in those two games three ties.

In the first game: ti4l.png

My highest profits are: Marshal, General and 1 Major as high officers. 

He only aksed one tie. Befor I ended the game.

In the second game: 6vsl.png

My profits are two Majors.

His profit is a captain, sergant and a spy. 

We both has miners. But my majors blocked his miners. He asked a tie. We were 'walking around the block' But I still got a chance to win. So he has. 

Then, were I have taken the chance to win.

He aksed another tie.: fz6q.png

This was definitely not a tie you should aks in a game like this. He only asked the tie because he know that I will take the flag. 

So I did.

But I don't know if you could call this cheating. 

Altogether, I just post the tie request, wether or not he will ask more ties.

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

I believe that whatever doesn't defeat you on Stratego, simply makes you.. immortal.

#469 voyager99

voyager99

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hello Karaiskakis, MidnightGuy and other administrators:

I would like to lodge a formal protest against the player "DesertSnow".
This player has no honour and is ruining this game by cheating and frustrating and tormenting
players by deliberately prolonging the game when there is no possibility
of a win on either side.
I have screenshots attached.
In situations when we both have the same piece or else have no miners,
"DesertSnow", will deliberately delay the game by waiting 14 seconds (before the move timer runs out)
and then make his move (so as to now use up the buffer).
They will never accept a draw and simply continue playing until the opponent gives up
or disconnects! "DesertSnow" has also been known to request a tie when he is losing
and frequently disconnects from the game in order to earn 3 more draw requests.

This is an absolute disgrace and this person is ruining the game for all honourable
players who love this game!

In chess, when the same piece is moved 50 times, it is a "STALEMATE". Can you
not ask the programmers to please incorporate this feature into the game to prevent
this horrible player from wasting 30+ minutes each game and thus ruining it for
everyone!

PLEASE do something about this dishonourable player!
Thank you admins.

VOYAGER99

#470 voyager99

voyager99

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Here are screenshots of the disgraceful player "DesertSnow":

Attached Files

#471 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,434 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Dear Strobe

spyros77 is a KNOWN greek player who used to play until recently in metaforge and was high ranked there.

As far as i know he is a skilled player who unfortunately many times destroys his image with unsportsmanlike behavior.

This is the reason we have excluded him from GR national team and future live events in stratego.

In these 2 games there are tie requests on his move so there is no attempt to glitch your game.

Anyway thanks for your report. You proved once again that our federation"s decision was correct. 

#472 Strobe

Strobe

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Dear Strobe

spyros77 is a KNOWN greek player who used to play until recently in metaforge and was high ranked there.

As far as i know he is a skilled player who unfortunately many times destroys his image with unsportsmanlike behavior. 

This is the reason we have excluded him from GR national team and future live events in stratego.

In these 2 games there are tie requests on his move so there is no attempt to glitch your game.

Anyway thanks for your report. You proved once again that our federation"s decision was correct. 

It is not dramatic. Just three ties in two games. B)  But as you said: unsportsmanlike behavior. 

And good work of the federation Stratego!

I believe that whatever doesn't defeat you on Stratego, simply makes you.. immortal.

#473 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

OK , another cheater with the name GREEKKILLERS GR. 

The story goes likes this:

right after his second move, he ask for a tie and then for a brake, I tell him that I already took 2 screenshots and I will report him, he claimed that he wanted to go to the toilet, I advised him to go tell this ridiculousness to someone else but me, and if he really wanted toilet he should ask me first by dialogue and then ask for a brake on HIS turn. On his next 2 moves he loses his general and his Marshall on bombs and quits the game. His record at the time we played was 40-7 (no wonder how he got it).

Anyway, I guess that the screenshots speak for themselves... JC will have an easy job to do...

yza2.png

y5m9.png

#474 dfc0613

dfc0613

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I thought to one thing for possibly reducing your 100% probability to lose a game if your opponent is glitching you but would like to have the opinion of justice committee if such idea could be validated. The idea is the following: In case your opponent is glitching you with tie and pause requests on your turn and you can bring evidence of it with screenshots, could we imagine that counter-glitching such opponent with pause request only (because with pause request the game does not terminate) on his turn could be an authorized action? This should of course apply only after you have been able to take min 3-4 screenshots of a glitch from your opponent during your turn. By doing such counter-glitch you statistically decrease then your probability to lose on glitch to only 50% instead of 100%, in the other 50% it's your opponent who will lose of your counter glitch. What do you think?

Sometimes in war you should do to your enemy something worse that he is doing to you...

dfc

#475 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

I thought to one thing for possibly reducing your 100% probability to lose a game if your opponent is glitching you but would like to have the opinion of justice committee if such idea could be validated. The idea is the following: In case your opponent is glitching you with tie and pause requests on your turn and you can bring evidence of it with screenshots, could we imagine that counter-glitching such opponent with pause request only (because with pause request the game does not terminate) on his turn could be an authorized action? This should of course apply only after you have been able to take min 3-4 screenshots of a glitch from your opponent during your turn. By doing such counter-glitch you statistically decrease then your probability to lose on glitch to only 50% instead of 100%, in the other 50% it's your opponent who will lose of your counter glitch. What do you think?

Sometimes in war you should do to your enemy something worse that he is doing to you...

dfc

dfc,

I think one CAN lose on a glitch if a pause request is made at an inopportune time. 

I also don't think the answer to glitching attempts is to counter-glitch. 

The only area where I differ from most is that I personally think one should be allowed to reconnect to re-offer ties - on one's own turn - if a game is clearly tied and the other person refuses to acknowledge it (e.g., in an indefinite chase scenario).

How can I help you?

#476 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

dfc,

I think one CAN lose on a glitch if a pause request is made at an inopportune time. 

I also don't think the answer to glitching attempts is to counter-glitch. 

The only area where I differ from most is that I personally think one should be allowed to reconnect to re-offer ties - on one's own turn - if a game is clearly tied and the other person refuses to acknowledge it (e.g., in an indefinite chase scenario).

One major problem with authorizing any attempt to glitch is that it assumes that the player attempting the glitch is correct in their belief they were winning. A lot of players don't recognize the subtleties in the game and will incorrectly believe they have a clear win when a more skilled and advanced player will still see room for opportunities on both sides. 

Also, if this glitching were allowed, some people would just start glitching the moment they go up, say, a Marshal and everything else is equal in pieces. However, if this happens early enough in a game, it is quite possible still for a wily opponent to come back with solid information gathering, bluffing, etc.

An attempt to glitch should not be countered with an attempt to glitch - as tempting as I know it is. 

Really what we need is for the darn glitch to be fixed!

How can I help you?

#477 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Greekkillersgr is the same player as the resetted player manxaster10
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#478 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Resetted? He is still in the ranks with ELO 730

Attached Files

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#479 GoodLuck

GoodLuck

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

I was playing Greekkillers sometime ago. It was down to his three pieces and my 9 in an open field. He had no 8s, I had no 8s, both our flags protected by bombs. One of his pieces was stuck. He was indefinitely chasing with two pieces and not succeeding. I offered multiple ties on my move and he would not accept - only whine about the tie offer in a forced tie situation and insult his opponent. Eventually, I got so sick of his immature whining, endless chasing, and refusal to accept the obvious tie (no way to trap the 9), I just sacrificed the 9 to be done with the game. 

We need a way to request a tie review.

This Greekkillers player is mediocre at best in play, and the bottom of the barrel in ethics and attitude.

I am trying to dig up some screen shot examples, but it seems like this player is already pretty well known for who he is.

Don't take his record seriously - it's not earned with real ability or sportsmanship.

#480 ima

ima

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

• Does anyone have a negative opinion of guru12? Any negative experiences?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users