Photo

In the new version of stratego, if a spotter spots a spotter are both pieces removed from the board

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeromeim

Jeromeim

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

In the new version of stratego, if a spotter spots a spotter are both pieces removed from the board.

#2 CDX

CDX

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

equal ranks are removed same time always

#3 MisterD

MisterD

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

Equal ranks are removed when the piece is ATTACKING. If a Spotter spots an enemy Spotter correctly the ENEMY SPOTTER is removed and the Spotter does NOT move into the empty square. 

#4 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Equal ranks are removed when the piece is ATTACKING. If a Spotter spots an enemy Spotter correctly the ENEMY SPOTTER is removed and the Spotter does NOT move into the empty square. 

As far as this online version is concerned, that is incorrect, Mister D (unless I misunderstand what you mean by "Spotter"). When a piece of rank X confronts another piece of rank X, both pieces are removed from the board. Play continues with the player whose piece was not challenged. I'm not sure - besides attacking - how else a piece would directly "spot" another (without making an absurdity of the game); thus, the "attacking" clarification is redundant.

How can I help you?

#5 LearningThisGame

LearningThisGame

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

Please disregard my comment above. It seems that the posters referring to "Spotters" have the Sci-Fi and not classic version in mind. I cannot comment on the Sci-Fi version. 

How can I help you?

#6 MisterD

MisterD

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Yeah he was indeed referring to the Sci-Fi version. You're also right as there would be no real way to spot anything in the Civil War version. If you don't know already the Spotter is a new piece in Sci-Fi version that has the ability to eliminate any piece from the board directly in front of it if its commander can successfully determine that piece's rank. To clarify that also includes Bombs and even the Flag too. The Spotter is awesome but it is 2nd weakest (the Spy is still the lowest) rank wise and must be protected to be effective. Also in some versions of Civil War Stratego they have a special piece called the Cannon. It can fire at a space two spaces away and IIRC it eliminates whatever piece is in that space but can be defeated by any piece in the game including the Spy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users