#21 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

I have not played other stratego website but when I see the comments from Metaforge I have the impression you can do all the same on stratego.com except the chat with the opponent after a game (I recognize that could be something good)

chat for all: when you have like now 364 players online you can imagine that having one single chat would be a big chaos where nobody understands eachother

Game statistics and opponent's gaming history: Personnally I keep trace of my games by opponent (only silver ranked) on excel. I can also add some personal comments like opponent's style (attack, defensive, lotto etc...). It may certainly be interesting to have the statistics directly calculated by the system but I personnally don't have problem to make it manually with my own comments.

admins are online: on stratego.com at the time I'm writing this post there are 132 games ongoing in parallel. I don't think there will be 132 moderators to watch each game and then what is the advantage of having a moderator watching you? Is the moderator always objective? To intervene in a game and make senseful comments you need a moderator who is also "better" at stratego than the players otherwise he may more disturb than help, but I don't have experience so I let others comment on that aspect.

Just to say yesterday I had a game against a high ranked silver player and the game lasted 2 hours and 20 minutes, but even though it was lasting long and movements were changing very little by little I think neither my opponent nor me had the feeling that the other was only chasing. We were just both observing the tactics of the other before playing our attack. A moderator would probably have asked to move on faster but the game was like that and both player (I think) enjoyed it.

replays: if you want replays you just need to make a movie of your game like Maxroloefs

rankings: next improvement on the program should be with the rankings. It should be flexible in such way that every player can watch the ranking as he prefers to see it (all time best rankings, ranking of only last month's players, ranking by country, and so on...). From a program point of view it's just a question to have the right filters in place.

Trickz poem: definitely this makes the difference here ... keep smiling!!! :D

Napoleon 1er

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#22 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

Trickz poem: definitely this makes the difference here ... keep smiling!!! :D

Napoleon 1er

Wow, the pendulum has swung on trickz poetry in the past year! I still prefer his prose although I enjoyed his "METAphore" comment in this thread.

GLS
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#23 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I do

Meta is better

you can pick your opponent,

you can Watch top players games and learn from it a lot, maybe more than playing yourself

the community is more attractive (one chat for everyone)

there are mod/admin, so no cheaters, stallers,.......

weak point : number of players cause it was not free

but now it's free, so cu there guys

1. participating fully in the rankings
  2. playing against the ProbeBots
  3. watching replays of past games
  4. participating in registered member only tournaments
  5. resetting your record
  6. using the setup editor which means that every time you must create your set up
  7. creating games with enhanced options    

These are some of the features that still are not free so please stop this joke for free site.

Only difference from the past is that you can play for free unlimited games instead the 25 games which was the rule before.

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this

#24 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 761 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

I believe there will be given 3 setup editor slots for free. However, I can not confirm this.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#25 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Wow, the pendulum has swung on trickz poetry in the past year! I still prefer his prose although I enjoyed his "METAphore" comment in this thread.

GLS

B)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users