7up

Scout

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

I love stratego.com, as it attracts so many new players to this fantastic online game.
And it is browser (adobe flash) based. This is unprecedented and requires some very high 
programming skills.  As this application is online over one year now I'd like to compare it with 
the strongest competitor metaforge.net:

advantages of stratego.com

more players

3D game pieces and special effects

free of charge

browser (adobe flash) based

available on iPad

advantages of metaforge.net

remain visible

almost no glitches

chat for all ( no chat splitting)

option to choose opponent

very strong players

chat with opponent directly  after a game

admins are online and intervent  when someone is chasing 

game history

complete overview of the rankings on ranking website

#2 PUNISH

PUNISH

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Advantage of Stratego.com - NO BUTTWHEAT!!!

• SuperDrew2k likes this

#3 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

Yo, this site's got extra force so it's better than Metaforge.

Plus it's a free play so they're definitely no creditwhores. :D

But if you wanna pay, fine...then buy some battlecoins, never is the cash ignored.

If you don't like the standard settings and you're quickly getting bored,

then you can spend some more and buy the complete collection in their trendy store! :D

And there's plenty more...

cuz' I like the bronze and silver leagues with the ranking scores!

This site is the best of course, a gem in core

and thanks to all the players who can play for free, they've got a way bigger expansion tour! :D

Plus this site is 3D,...including the time it's dimension four

so this site mentions more and it's got a lot of attention for

the fans in store and Meta is only for the royal paying elite, a small group of friends in war! ;)

If I would use a METAphore,........then META has passed the torch

to the biggest Stratego webresource that's on the net you dorks! :D

The only thing that BUGS me is that I sometimes get Adobe plugin crashreports

so regarding the BUGS, that's the only strength in store for Metaforge

but soon this site will be without the bètaforce

so the quest is yours...

Or you pay to play with some of the vets on board

or you play for free on this site with incountable players who wanna test your force

and therefore every game is another murderadventure like Inspector Morse! :D

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#4 Enigma

Enigma

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

I love stratego.com, as it attracts so many new players to this fantastic online game.
And it is browser (adobe flash) based. This is unprecedented and requires some very high 
programming skills.  As this application is online over one year now I'd like to compare it with 
the strongest competitor metaforge.net:

more players

3D game pieces and special effects

free of charge

browser (adobe flash) based

available on iPad

remain visible

almost no glitches

chat for all ( no chat splitting)

option to choose opponent

very strong players

chat with opponent directly  after a game

admins are online and intervent  when someone is chasing 

game history

complete overview of the rankings on ranking website

On Metaforge you can review your games (move by move) and you can also watch games played by other players.  Adding these options would significantly increase the overall player skill level (although there would inevitably be a lot more complaining going on).      

#5 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,455 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

Also, the ability to horizontally flip your set-ups after loading is nice feature at Metaforge.  

#6 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi guys of metaforge

I think that in this site the game is closed enough like to play a live game not an internet game. In a real live game there is no remain visible or game aids. You learn use your memory and this one can make the difference between 2 experienced players. Also up to my opinion i feel more comfortable to know that no one, except my opponent, can see my set up or my gaming style in a back up store with replays. Very important and attractive the fact that you do not choose your opponent. When you click ranked game you are prepared to face anybody from a bronze spy to a top silver. 

If bugs be fixed , if there is systematic punishment of cheaters and finally if we start play tournaments this place will be a real paradise for our favorite sport.

z

z

z

zoro

#7 7up

7up

Scout

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Advantage of Stratego.com - NO BUTTWHEAT!!!

ha ha ha

:)  :D  :lol:

maybe he has a new name and you already played him here.
At least he reads this forum, as he answered this post.
Here is his answer. Actually I have to admit, he is funny.

#8 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yo, I always compare Metaforge with the small elite.

On the board they do have the balls indeed, they don't fall and bleed

but here you can ball for free plus you're also in the moddefokkin' tallest league! :D

Meta charges money,...so therefore they belong in the hall of greed,

you could call them dweeps cuz' they've built a wall with ease.

Average players are not welcome, it's for y'all to see

cuz' you're only invited if you pay the installment fee! :D

The consequence is that a little group of diehards

are willing to pay for the brawl they need,

I call it weak cuz' it's like a stone collection...

except you don't collect the stones, you only collect the spalls indeed! :D

As site, you wanna collect players.

You wanna collect them from big to a small degree,

not only the biggest sharks with the rest of the fish left in a trawl to bleed! :D

Take care of the revenues through advertisements but don't gall the scene

for all the peepz, it's false and weak

and all you reach is becomin' the smallest league

with members who eventually all will leave

cuz' they wanna play all for free

in the tallest league!

You appall the peepz if you stall the fees

cuz' it withdraws the needs

to play this lovely game all day and fokkin' all the weeks! :D

Meta is bleeding to death but you don't have to bawl you peepz

cuz' this site is the place where you all can be!

On Meta you only face the hardest dudes who blow with a squallin' breeze

but here you can face a retarded noob who's softer than an episode of Dawson's Creek! :D

Whatever you choose, I'm wishing y'all the peace! B)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#9 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Also, the ability to horizontally flip your set-ups after loading is nice feature at Metaforge.  

I really liked this feature too. It would allow you to swap a setup round, depending on your opponent.

Like if you know a player likes to attack down 1 wing, and your best defensive setup is for defending the other wing, you simply swap it and your done!

Losermaker

#10 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Thank you Karaiskakis to show me this forum. As I see now that the glitch issue has been resolved this website is way better than the others like metaforge and gravon ( I never played there so I don't know the différences) but I understand that:

1) The design of Stratego.com is 3D and has better effects than the others

2) The others offer the possibility to rewatch your game =>if you wish you can do the same here if you make a movie of your game (see Maxroleofs examples)

3) The others offer the possibility to Watch games live => I'm wondering how they avoide having a person watching a game live and talking live via Skype or msn or alike with a player to tell him what is the setup of the other player => this looks like to be a weak point of the other websites?

4) The others offer the possibility to switch your setup from right to left and vice-versa => here you have to do this manually but you have 6 minutes to do this so it is a very small disadvantage versus other websites

5) This one is free of charge => that makes it much more attractive to much more players => its future can only be growing

6) This website sets the games randomly while the others allow you to choose your opponent => this is just very good so you play against an unexpected player and the result of your game becomes random, so your ranking reflects your real strength at this game. Furthermore if you want to play against a choosen player you can also do it ... just select him as friend and invite him to play. this will not affect the ranking so nobody can cheat his level by playing against an "allways looser".

7) Stratego.com sounds to me to be just better than the others, anybody disagrees?

Napoleon 1er

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#11 Cosinus

Cosinus

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

I do

Meta is better

you can pick your opponent,

you can Watch top players games and learn from it a lot, maybe more than playing yourself

the community is more attractive (one chat for everyone)

there are mod/admin, so no cheaters, stallers,.......

weak point : number of players cause it was not free

but now it's free, so cu there guys

#12 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Thank you Karaiskakis to show me this forum. As I see now that the glitch issue has been resolved this website is way better than the others like metaforge and gravon ( I never played there so I don't know the différences) but I understand that:

1) The design of Stratego.com is 3D and has better effects than the others

2) The others offer the possibility to rewatch your game =>if you wish you can do the same here if you make a movie of your game (see Maxroleofs examples)

3) The others offer the possibility to Watch games live => I'm wondering how they avoide having a person watching a game live and talking live via Skype or msn or alike with a player to tell him what is the setup of the other player => this looks like to be a weak point of the other websites?

4) The others offer the possibility to switch your setup from right to left and vice-versa => here you have to do this manually but you have 6 minutes to do this so it is a very small disadvantage versus other websites

5) This one is free of charge => that makes it much more attractive to much more players => its future can only be growing

6) This website sets the games randomly while the others allow you to choose your opponent => this is just very good so you play against an unexpected player and the result of your game becomes random, so your ranking reflects your real strength at this game. Furthermore if you want to play against a choosen player you can also do it ... just select him as friend and invite him to play. this will not affect the ranking so nobody can cheat his level by playing against an "allways looser".

7) Stratego.com sounds to me to be just better than the others, anybody disagrees?

Napoleon 1er

Τhis is the most important of all. --> (6)
Napoleon 1er  well done

I agree at all with you.

#13 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

I do

Meta is better   -->      Dekaeneas-Spy:  You were(SOHAL) in Metaforge Moderator? :rolleyes:

you can pick your opponent,     -->            Dekaeneas-Spy:   totally unfair for ranking :o

you can Watch top players games and learn from it a lot, maybe more than playing yourself    -->       Dekaeneas-Spy: You get information for the players (see NORTROM:he said for multiple accounts in stratego.com :huh: )

the community is more attractive (one chat for everyone)      -->  Dekaeneas-Spy:chat with buttwheat  (see KARAISKAKIS,replied to the barbarian) :D

there are mod/admin, so no cheaters, stallers,.......          --> Dekaeneas-Spy:  Stratego.com there are not cheaters(Older) ;)

weak point : number of players cause it was not free       -->  Dekaeneas-Spy:  yes :angry:

but now it's free, so cu there guys     -->   Dekaeneas-Spy:   well done :rolleyes:   

#14 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,455 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Some other features at Metaforge that I hope this site will add:

A continuously updated list of game results (winner, loser, date & time of game, length of game).

Make this list sortable so you can view only your game results, or results against a particular opponent.

Make accounts that haven’t played a certain number of games in the last month to not appear in the rankings.  (This will clean the leader boards of inactive accounts)

• Sohal likes this

#15 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Some other features at Metaforge that I hope this site will add:

A continuously updated list of game results (winner, loser, date & time of game, length of game).  

Make this list sortable so you can view only your game results, or results against a particular opponent.   --> Dekaeneas-Spy: is over 100,000 players in site and I do not think for this be interested many players

Make accounts that haven’t played a certain number of games in the last month to not appear in the rankings.  (This will clean the leader boards of inactive accounts)      -->   Dekaeneas-Spy: I agree with you  

The Prof Member Since 04 Jul 2013

Moderator                                                                

• Rating
  • Wins
    59                                         59+2+14=75     TOTAL GAMES 
  • Draws
  • Losses
  • Ratio
    78.67%

#16 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

My friend Chris

The Prof is moderator now which means that he spends more time for the good of this site than enjoy the game.

To be moderator needs sometimes sacrifices

#17 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

My friend Chris

The Prof is moderator now which means that he spends more time for the good of this site than enjoy the game.

To be moderator needs sometimes sacrifices

Φιλε μου Γρηγορη

Αναγνωριζω οτι ξοδευει χρονο για να βοηθησει στο site ως Moderator, αλλα επισημανω οτι αυτο που λεει ισχυει και για τον ιδιο(πολυ λιγα παιχνιδια εχει παιξει) και θα ακουγοταν καλυτερα αν το ελεγε καποιος παικτης που εχει παιξει αρκετα παιχνιδια(π.χ. maxroelofs).

Ειναι απλα η αποψη μου.

Ευχαριστω.

The Prof:Make accounts that haven’t played a certain number of games in the last month to not appear in the rankings.  (This will clean the leader boards of inactive accounts)      -->   Dekaeneas-Spy: I agree with you

#18 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

•  THE OFFICIAL SITE OF STRATEGO

• Huge potential of players from every side of the world

At the moment more than 122.000 accounts. 

After creation of JC and during the last 5 months 50.000 new accounts (I mention this period because i               have the numbers as a mod)
           This means 10.000 every month - 330 every day !!!!!!

• 3D game pieces and special effects

• forum full of live with more than 900 members and more than 10.000 posts!!!

• tournaments ( CL IS COMING SOON  so be in touch with forum)

with better rules (e.g. non show  means forfeit- in metaforge means find another date and time)

• browser (adobe flash) based

• available on iPad and Android

• no acceptable abusive behavior (e.g. SuperDrew2k  ) :angry:

• trickz's poems :)

and all that for free

• almost no glitches but more possible to have disconnection

• chat for all ( no chat splitting)-  in stratego.com this is impossible because the big number of the players who are online so there are chat rooms.

• chat with opponent directly  after a game

• admins are online and intervent  when someone is chasing

• game history results against a particular opponent ( I do not include the replays because for me this is disavantage)               
  • Better ranking system (if you are not active for some time you are out of the ranks)

Why I prefer stratego.com (I have been in both sites)?

I think that in this site the game is closed enough like to play a live game not an internet game. In a real live game there is no remain visible or game aids. You learn use your memory and this one can make the difference between 2 experienced players. Also up to my opinion i feel more comfortable to know that no one, except my opponent, can see my set up or my gaming style in a back up store with replays. Very important and attractive the fact that you do not choose your opponent. When you click ranked game you are prepared to face anybody from a bronze spy to a top silver.

KARAISKAKIS (zorostrike when i was in metaforge)

• Dekaeneas-Spy and Napoleon 1er like this

#19 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Forgot that it COUNTS just one year of its existence and It is still BETA form(STRATEGO.COM).

Dekaeneas-Spy

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

#20 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

WE ALL WORK FOR THE DAY AFTER BETA

• Dekaeneas-Spy likes this