I am Drunk

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

Do you folks intend on ever fixing the problem with suddent, inexplicable disconnects and automatic losses?

#2 PanzerBlitz

PanzerBlitz

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

I just sent an email two days ago about this exact same thing. The reply I got was that there is no problem, and I am the only one reporting it. So looks like they are choosing to ignore the problem. Whenever I want to be frustrated with an undeserved loss or contend with other players that are poor sports I just log into this site...

#3 Vast Oceans

Vast Oceans

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Same problem here... Just got kicked out. No message. It counted as a loss.

A quick glance through these forums quickly shows that there are a lot of complaints which are basically two things:

1. Bugs about random disconnections

2. Bugs around the "tie" button.

I can imagina people getting frustrated and eventually leave if this isn't addressed (or even acknowledged).

If there is a simple reason for this (lack of money/employees/whatever), I think by just mentioning that, people will be more understanding.

Thanks.

#4 vowles_23

vowles_23

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Does disconnecting still result in an automatic loss? I resolved not to play until it was fixed... That was ages ago now.

vowles_23

chesscom_badge_468x60_s.gif

#5 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Does disconnecting still result in an automatic loss? I resolved not to play until it was fixed... That was ages ago now.

If you disconnect while playing, it ain't a loss

If you disconnect while on the setup screen, it is a loss

If you disconnect while a timer runs (tie or pause button or as above the setup screen), it is a loss

If you disconnext due to a shockwave crash, it is a loss

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#6 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

if the bug in the system kicks you, that is a loss, but heck it only happens sometimes. It can happen mid game, you cannot rejoin. It is not a cheat though just a internet thingamabob. There are no folks to fix it.

#7 maribo

maribo

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

I just won  game where the opponent had that mysterious game departure better known as same old same old. he had a big lead and suddenly he disappeared and I won the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users