RULES Junior Tournament 2016
1) Registration and Tournament Schedule
· Any non-banned player ranked ELO 250 or higher at the moment of signing up, may sign up until Saturday 19th November 23:59 GMT by stating their participation and GMT Timezone in the Junior Tournament 2016 Registration thread (http://forum.strateg...7-registration/)
· Registering for this tournament is considered acceptance of the Rules, and a registration is only considered valid if a player states their GMT Timezone
· Multiple registrations by one player are strictly forbidden. Additionally, a player’s account must not be accessed by anyone other than the player
· The Double-Elimination tournament (see Rule 2) will start on Monday 21st November and will conclude Monday 9th January
· If a player has a question or a remark about the general functioning of the rules, this can be said in the Questions Thread (-). We also welcome constructive feedback which can be provided via PM to one of the Tournament Managers (see the point below)
· The Junior Tournament Management will consist of Fairway, Yellowhat and Master Mind
· When signing up, you must be aged 21 or younger
2) Tournament type
· The tournament type will be a random-drawn Double-Elimination tournament, consisting of two brackets - ‘Premier’ and ‘Rehabilitation’.
· Each player will initially be allocated a random seed using this website (http://www.randomnumberpicker.com/) and then entered into the Bracket using that number.
· Players eliminated from the Premier Bracket are NOT eliminated from the tournament, but instead proceed to the Rehabilation Bracket. Only once a player is eliminated from the Rehab Bracket, they will be eliminated from the tournament.
· The tournament final will be the Champion of the Premier Bracket versus the Champion of the Rehab Bracket. Note that in order to win the tournament, the Rehab Bracket Champion must win two games (without losing) against the Premier Bracket Champion.
3) Tournament game arrangement
· Arrangements for Tournament games will be conducted via the Private Message facility on Stratego.com. Both players will be contacted by TC so that game arrangements can begin. TC will send a new PM for each round.
· Each player must provide 3 availabilities for that round, in the form of a 2-hour lasting period of starting times
· For example, proposing Tuesday 20.00-22.00GMT would mean a player is available to start a game at 20.00GMT, and his latest availability to start a game is 22.00GMT.
· The times must be communicated in GMT, and use the 24 hour clock (No AM or PM proposals.
· For help finding your time difference from GMT, visit http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/
· Each player must propose the three valid times in the relevant Private Message thread sent by JTT for arranging each game.
· If a player has not provided three valid availabilities by Thursday 23:59 GMT, they will receive a Yellow Card (see Rule 8). Two Yellow Cards results in disqualification from the tournament.
· A game may NOT start later than Sunday 20.00GMT, so you can’t provide times later than 20:00 GMT at Sunday.
· A game is considered arranged if one player picks a time already offered by his/her opponent and states this in the PM thread. TC will confirm when a game is arranged within the PM thread. Furthermore, a game is also considered arranged if both players meet online and decide to play there and then. In this scenario, both players must post in the corresponding PM thread that they are about to play.
· All games must be played on the Stratego.com site as unranked games. Players must enter the Challenge Zone so that their presence can be proved if necessary (especially important if an opponent does not show up). We urge all players to make a friend request of opponents using the game site (preferable as soon as the opponent is known) so that they can challenge in unranked battle.
4) Automatic arrangements
· If both players have posted 3 valid times (See Rule 3) by Thursday 23:59 GMT, but there is no matching time, then the game will be automatically arranged for Sunday 18:00 GMT.
· In the event that no arrangement has been reached by Saturday 09.00GMT, then TC will automatically arrange the match for Sunday 18.00GMT.
· IMPORTANT NOTE: Players may still agree to play their game at a different time, as long as this game starts no later than Sunday 20.00GMT, and as long as this agreement is reached before the automatic arrangement time.
5) What happens if a player does not show up at the arranged time?
· If a player’s opponent has not appeared in the Challenge Zone chat room within 10 minutes of the arranged time, that player MUST post the absence in the match topic, attaching a screenshot (of the Challenge Zone) for proof for JTT review.
· Any player who does not show up for an arranged match within 10 minutes, for any reason, will be automatically given a Yellow Card. Two Yellow Cards results in disqualification from the tournament (see Rule 14).
· In the scenario whereby a player has not shown up at the arranged time, AND the arranged time of the match was BEFORE Friday 23.59GMT, then the game will automatically be re-scheduled in accordance with Rule 4.
· In the scenario whereby a player has not shown up at the arranged time, AND the arranged time of the match was AFTER Friday 23.59GMT, then his/her opponent is automatically awarded the victory.
· Note that if a player has already received a Yellow Card and is late or does not show up for their match, this player is automatically disqualified from the tournament, and his/her opponent is awarded the victory. (Exception: If being late would result in a player being disqualified, this player is granted a reprieve only if their opponent is willing to re-schedule the match AND the match is completed BEFORE Sunday 23.59GMT)
6) Reporting results
· After the match has finished, the game result must be reported immediately in the Reporting Results thread (-) with a screenshot of the victory screen. TC would appreciate the defeated party confirming the result in the results thread, and if BOTH participants confirm the result in the Results thread immediately following the end of the match, then a screenshot is not essential. However, we would still ask all players to take a screenshot of the victory screen in the event that their opponent does not confirm the result. For information on how to take screenshots please visit the following link: (http://forum.stratego.com/topic/649-easy-guide-how-to-take-and-upload-screenshots/page-2?hl=screenshot#entry34786)
· In the event of a draw/tie, players must re-match IMMEDIATELY. Alternatively if they both decide to replay the game on a later occasion, they must agree the time of the re-match at the conclusion of the first game, and post this agreement in the Results Thread when the draw is reported. If the time of the re-match is not communicated the re-match will be automatically arranged for Sunday 15.00GMT (see Rule 4)
· If you win the game, you will be awarded 6 points, and if you lose the game you’ll be awarded 1 point. In case a player doesn’t show up, he’ll be awarded 0 points and a Yellow Card (see Rule 8)
· A game already arranged may be cancelled by a player, but only on the following conditions:
A. A Minimum of 8 HOURS notice must be provided for a cancellation to take effect.
B. Any player who cancels a game already arranged must provide three replacement valid times (see Rule 3) in the relevant PM thread at the time of cancellation.
· If either or both of conditions A or B above are not fulfilled then the match will still be considered cancelled, but this player will receive a Yellow Card. Two Yellow Cards results in disqualification from the tournament (see Rule 8). In the absence of three valid replacement times the game will be automatically arranged for Sunday 15.00GMT (see Rule 4)
8) Yellow Cards and Disqualifications
· Any player who has two Yellow Cards will be automatically disqualified from the tournament
· A Yellow Card will be shown to a player in all of the following instances:
• Where a player has not provided three valid times by Thursday 23:59 GMT (see Rule 3)
• Where a player does not show up for an arranged match within 10 minutes. (see Rule 5)
• Where a player cancels an arranged match without providing a minimum of 8 hours notice. (see Rule 7)
• Where a player cancels an arranged match without providing three valid replacement times. (see Rule 7)
· This disqualification takes effect at the time of the infringement. This means that this player’s scheduled opponent for that round is automatically awarded the victory. A player disqualified from the Premier Bracket will NOT proceed to the Rehabilitation Bracket.
· A player may withdraw from the tournament, at any time, by informing JTT
The Junior Tournament Team wishes everybody a pleasant tournament, and have fun!