New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:28 AM

Hey guys.

Love the site and the game and everything.

I have encountered two problems.

One very minor is that sometimes when you go into the store your account goes into offline mode and you cant see other players and your coins.

i dont really care about this but Im sure its something you can fix!

Now to the HUGE disappointment I have with this game.

One of the most fun things in Stratego is at the end seeing all your opponents pieces and talking about "Oh wow, I thought that unit was this unit"..."nice move there"... etc.

Not only cant you see the units but the chat ends immediately after the game is over. 

What is this? Have you guys never played Stratego on the board game before you made this online game? Anyway I dont want to sound harsh but half of the enjoyment was in this...

SO please could you at least add an option "Show pieces/Chat after game" for those who would like this?

Thanks. 

• --Wogomite-- likes this

#2 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

Something you could do is friend your player, that way you chat about the game afterwards.

As for seeing the pieces if your friend agrees, you could try sharing on imgur or something like that.

The thing is, towards the end of the game I think it's often that you pretty much know what each piece is anyways, but I think it could be a good idea to have a showing option at the end of the game.

But please be thankful, there are many great things about this free online experience.

Edited by Kernel Mustard, 07 October 2016 - 12:41 AM.

• texaspete09 likes this

The earth is a flat plane:  https://www.youtube....dLUm8Db&index=2 Psalm 19:4 - 6, Rev 7:1

#3 Achul

Achul

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:56 AM

Acatually after playing a few games now I remember why I quit Stratego :P At start its so fun, later it becomes a huge drag. 

So its ok guys you dont have to implement anything for me I quit :P 

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:27 AM

Your idea about the afterglow of the game time is something that has been mentioned over and over again over the years. Unfortunately, nothing in the way of programming options has been seen for a long time. But the Kernel is right that there are a lot of good things to experience here. For myself if I want to talk with someone I know I can't do it after the game so I just strike up the chat once the thing's a done deal and that's when I have my afterglow moments. :)
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users