By signing up for this tournament, you agree to adhere to the rules and guidelines listed below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact TC.
1 Tournament Registration
- This is a team tournament requiring each team have exactly 4 players.
- Each player in your team must have agreed to take part in the tournament.
- Each team needs to decide a team name (optional!) and list the order of players in your team.
- Each player, if an alias, MUST declare his/her main account prior to registration. (example: pd3a can join the tournament as part of a team, but must declare his main account is Sohal.)
- There is no restriction on minimum ELO or the number of games needed to join this tournament.
- However, banned players are forbidden from entering this tournament.
- TC reserves the right to refuse entry to players that the TC deems does not meet the criteria above.
2 Match arrangement Information
- You will receive a private message (PM) for each match you have to play. As part of this tournament, you will be expected to play 1 game per week.
- In your PM, you are responsible for arranging your match. It is preferred that you give out your availability using GMT rather than your local time.
- Both players must agree to a scheduled time before the match is considered "arranged".
- After your match is concluded, it is highly recommended that the victor posts screenshot proof of his/her victory.
- An arranged match may be re-scheduled in an emergency situation upto 3 hours before it is scheduled to start.
- If the match is not arranged before Saturday 23:59 GMT, the match will be automatically arranged for Sunday 15:00GMT. It is your responsibility to ensure you can arrange a match in a time that is suitable for you.
- A match can not be arranged later than Sunday 23:59GMT.
- If your opponent does not show up at the "arranged time" (see third point), please provide screenshot proof of the no-show and report in your match PM. The absentee will be rewarded a loss (1pt), and you will win by default (6pts)
3 Match Scoring Information
- If you win a match, you will gain 6 points. A loss will give you 1 point, while a tie will give you 3 points.
4 Tournament Disputes and Additional Information
- If you have any disputes or disagreements in your match PM, please inform TC as soon as possible.
- TC will act as an independent arbiter to resolve all disputes within the tournament, such as draw refusal or abusive behaviour. The word of the TC is final.
- If the dispute involves member(s) of the TC, that/those TC member(s) will be excluded from judging the dispute.
- This tournament will be run by the TC: sevenseas, TheOptician, steelers, Mr Smith.
- This tournament will start on October 18th and is expected to last 5-6 weeks.
- Tournament signups will close on October 17th at 23:59GMT.
5 Match Ordering
- The TC will use random.org to decide which teams play, when necessary.
- This is so that the competition is 100% fair and unbiased.
6 Tournament Structure
- Round 1 will consist of 2 groups playing each other (4vs4).
- Round 2 will also be 2 groups playing each other (4vs4). The winner of one of the two teams will play the loser of the other set of two teams. (Example: Round 1: Team A bt Team B, Team D bt Team C. Round 2 will be Team A vs Team C, Team B vs Team D. )
- Now, TC will tally up the scores all teams have made so far. The 2 highest teams will progress to round 3 while the other teams will be out. Tiebreakers will be played if necessary
- Round 3 the two remaining teams will split into duos and play each other. (half of winning team A vs other half of winning team A, and the latter half of winning team B vs other half of winning team B ).
- The two highest scoring "duos" from each team will progress, while the two lowest scoring "duos" from each team will be out. Here, the competition is reduced to 2 teams of 2 each.
- Round 4, the two teams will meet in a 2vs2 battle to decide who is the best team in the competition.
- Round 5, the two players of the winning team will meet again once more to decide the final victor of the backstabbers 2016.
Example structure with 4 groups can be seen.