Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Οι ελληνες μικροι σε ηλικια παικτες εχετε μεγαλες δυνατοτητες και δεν χρειαζεται να cheatarete οταν βρεθειτε σε δυσκολη θεση.

Να αποδεχεστε την ηττα σας και να κοιταζετε το επομενο παιχνιδι σας(το stratego ειναι οπως το ποδοσφαιρο, γιατι αν δεν βρεθεις σε καλη μερα και ο αλλος ειναι λιγακι τυχερος μπορει να χασεις και απο εναν οχι τοσο δυνατο παικτη -παναιτολικος-παοκ 2-0-.

Βλεπετε τον losermarker που ειναι 15 ετων καθως και τον barbe noire 13 ετων που παιζουν πολυ καλο stratego και κερδιζουν καθημερινα την εκτιμιση ολων μας εδω μεσα.

Δεν νομιζω εσυ και ο vjhon οτι εχετε μεγαλη αποκλιση απο αυτους του δυο οσον αφορα το παιξιμο σας, γιατι σας εχω παιξει και τους δυο και παιζετε εκπληκτικα καλα.

• stergios and v.navigator like this

#22 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Στάση ρε παιδιά, αντιλαμβάνομαι ότι υπάρχει όχι μπάλα του!  :lol:

Τυχερός

(Lucky)

• Dekaeneas-Spy and stergios like this

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#23 kvnvnwelt

kvnvnwelt

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

This was the most enjoyable game i ever had :) He killed a lot of my low pieces with gambling with his general (he had to and already knew 3-4 of my bombs) which ripped me off. Unfortunately i sacrified my marshall fist by which he used his scout immidately to discover my flag (the only piece that haven't moved yet, together with my bombs he already discovered). Think i played the endgame very bad cause this was something i just had to win.

strategohard.th.png

for next time, if you know which one is his marshall then just send you marshall to the same lane and try to make an even trade. or block his marshall from moving. then kill everything that moves with your colonels and its game over.

#24 Strobe

Strobe

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Damn that was a nervous game. DreamCrusher999 played very well!

0q4f.png

• 7up likes this

I believe that whatever doesn't defeat you on Stratego, simply makes you.. immortal.

#25 Where Is Ya Flag

Where Is Ya Flag

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Damn that was a nervous game. DreamCrusher999 played very well!

0q4f.png

Ting Ting Ting, you hit the jackpot winning 23..

Next seasons jackpot will be estimated on 30..

*it will take another 20-30 games before this season is over*

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of *bleeping* A holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your *bleeping* fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So...what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide--how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy!

2zjf5h4.jpg

#26 Strobe

Strobe

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Ting Ting Ting, you hit the jackpot winning 23..

Next seasons jackpot will be estimated on 30..

*it will take another 20-30 games before this season is over*

not much to ting :D

But it is true. Losing from 2 Marshals cost me like 23.. But I'm not here to get a lot of points. Gladly

I believe that whatever doesn't defeat you on Stratego, simply makes you.. immortal.

#27 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Yesterday I had my finest moment.....

I was searching for a match with another account, also bronze general with ELO 460. I was waiting and waiting and I thought: This will be a very low or a very high ranked player. Of course it became 'a mission impossible'. I met 'Stranger' number 6 of the silverleague and an ELO of 962 (NINEHUNDREDANDSIXTYTWO, 140 wins, 12 losses and 1 tie, ratio 91%!). 

He began agressive and took some of my lower pieces with his captain. Lucky for me he soon hit a bomb. After that he came with a major and again he took some pieces before I could stop him with a colonel. Now it was time to bring the 'big shots' to my side. Marshall first. He came after my colonel, but my spy was to strong for this fellow. Generals were exchanged.

At this time my lower pieces were a little outnumbered, but I had the advantage of the big ones. I don't know exactly how the game developed after that, but at the end I had a marshall and some majors and he understood this was indeed 'a mission impossible'. 

I repeated it in my self a few times: I've beaten a 962 ELO-player! (and of course I knew that he thought before the game it would be an easy win for him). But it gave me 24 ELO-points.

Strange, isn't it? Just before this game I lost from Bougain, a bronze general with ELO 452. This is what makes this game so nice. On a certain level (Bronze general or higher) you can win or lose from all players you meet. And sometimes you lose from a player a lot lower ranked.....

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#28 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,871 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Hi Luckypapa,

I had 1 game against Stranger but even if I got 1 captain and 1 major ahead in the beginning he got me at the end. He is very strong player. So congratulations to have beaten him.

Napoleon1er

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#29 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

I lost him today, also got a captain and a major ahead, like you napoleon, but then he lottod straight in with his marshal and took out a kolonel and a major, I got the kolonel back later on but in the end i still lost because he had one extra sergeant, very good game which he only won by lotto, not because he was so much better.

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#30 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,022 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

very good game which he only won by lotto, not because he was so much better.

That's interesting.  I only thought lower players got accused of "lottoing" against better ones.  It seems it is a technique that even the upper echelons can employ?

Gary

• 7up likes this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#31 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,389 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

The difference is that when high ranked players lotto the know when to stop.  They also are skilled at analyzing your set-up based on known pieces to identify good places to lotto, and they know exactly when a lotto is necessary to give them the best chance to win the game and when it isn't a risk worth taking.

#32 *WARLORD*

*WARLORD*

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

I would love to but I'm new to the game online maybe someone can teach me some tips and tricks? Then couple months I can post that I've beaten a top player  :D

WARLORD FIGHTS WITH IMPECCABLE HONOUR!

#33 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,022 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

I would love to but I'm new to the game online maybe someone can teach me some tips and tricks? Then couple months I can post that I've beaten a top player  :D

http://strategotips.com/

Checkout Hiltonchess's work.

Gary

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users