Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

@ wonky

you dont know what the hell you are talking about. guys like you and hmmness will keep this site from prospering. you think the young / up and comers will want to read your boring crybaby comments? stratego should be more than just a bunch of old guys trying to relive their childhoods. a forum should not have a code of honor. it should be a place where honest opinions / comments can be shared freely...a place where players can be themselves. not a place where everyone must think and speak the same way.  

"A competitive site that is wide open to cheating" ....OMG!!!!...

i dont know what kind of "cheating" you speak of since that word is thrown around here like crazy...but whatever it is, the site is fine. frankly, i would like to see a lot less of you old purist crybabies and more fun players. this "business" will always be failing if it isnt attracting new blood...all you old traditional players WILL KILL THE GAME 

Hmm....i wonder where that marshal went

#42 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

Drew I guess ur the man to run the forums then right?  I mean, it seems like you have all the answers.  You have fixed so much for this website.  You have done sooo much work for this game.  You are worth more than anything.... 

Well the answer is no.  You have done nothing for the site.  You have not contributed in anything.  I have given ideas and sound effects for the game... yes, i am a sound designer.  I gave sound effects to this site for free.  My ideas have been implimented into the game, although not perfect, but at least I am trying.  You are a back seat driver.  You throw my name around like you know me, but you are not worth anything to the players or the devs on this site.

say what you need to say, but your negitive atiitude does nothing for this site.  people like you make good people want to leave.

Either try to fix the site or shut ur mouth.  I've seen how you handle yourself and it is far from professional. 

HmmNess

• Midnightguy, Lt. Jones, vegas and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#43 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

@hmmness

no, i dont think the forum needs to be ran by anyone.

i do have the answers...but most people are too stupid to understand / accept them...so most times i dont even bother giving them.

i think the site is fine as is....i have never had a problem with cheaters / chasers / vulgar text-insults / or the occasional disconnection. and if i did...i would get past it.

sure there are many good improvements that could be made...but most would be undesired by the small number of diehard players that infest the game and stratego forums. most real people dont bother giving ideas / opinions or voting on what theyd like to see changed. like patty said....maybe 30 people use the forum, and thats how it was on the other stratego site...so to say, well hmmness' chaser solution got the most votes...lets implement it immediately...thats just wrong to do to the other thousands of players that may some day want to play here.

sound effects? lol...wow thanks...what other ideas got implemented? are you the one responsible for the new anti "cheater" solution? if so, i think it sucks...and made the game site worse. if you really cared about improving the site....you would have got "remain visible" made available....but youre probably strongly against that...being the puretard that you are. sound effects wont make people want to play here....but not having to play the intense memory game....that would keep new visitors coming back for more.

i dont need to know much about you...i know your type just from the few posts ive read. 

"negative attitude" ...could also be considered constructive criticism..."good people" lol, what ever that means...good, bad...it doesnt matter what type are here as long as its heavily populated..."good people" like you will keep cool / likable people from wanting to play here. and guess what, your type is the minority... you probably have a "do not play list" as long as my arm due obscenities....people like me dont care if i get cussed at while winning...i will happily give the loser a rematch afterwards. you would stick your nose in the air and hope they leave the site for ever....probaly even send a email complaint trying to get them booted.

"fix the site"? like i said, it really isnt broken....FREE admission is all that matters, as long as they have that in effect, the site will always remain active.

"far from professional"...what do you think im trying to do, apply for a administration job here? ..lol...the only thing that needs to be fixed here wont happen because of old guys like you being so involved. stratego is a game of war...there is no need to be civil, professional, or courteous to one another. i dont have to like any of you or show respect if i dont want to...nor do expect it from others. stop pretending like we all should be friends. i dont like you...and probably never will.

Hmm....i wonder where that marshal went

#44 Hardstyle

Hardstyle

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Rofl, you crazy.

• vegas likes this

#45 KingTubby

KingTubby

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

how come this clown Kingzig can keep on requesting ties and breaks whereas it should be limited to 3 times? It seems he is exploiting some bug that is still not resolved. I played him twice in a row, he is no good at all, but I lost because of some stupid bug with the tie/pause requests.
Posted Image
I man rule the arena

#46 SeekingToLose

SeekingToLose

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Kingzig just did the same to me. After he disconnected and rejoined 5 times, I got booted out of the game. I couldn't rejoin the game. His highest piece was a captain and I had 6 pieces above it and more lower ranking pieces than him...

Not trying to lose like that -__-

#47 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

So here is what I have learned in my vigilante justice campaign so far, guys:

Do not respond to any requests.  Just let them time out.  Kingzig is exploiting the time difference between the main server and each player's computer.  If there is ever a conflict between them, the server declares a winner and cancels.  So, he requests a pause, that request goes to the server, the server forwards to you, you respond as quickly as possible (thinking that is the smartest thing to do), that message is sent to server, then to him, etc.  The more requests and responses being sent back and forth between the computers, the more likely that the messages cross at the same time and confuse the server.

Seeking to Lose and KingTubby:  join the effort to stamp out these buffoons.  And please, if anyone else understands more of the ways that these guys are cheating, let us hear about it!

#48 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

In the past when we had the draw and pause glitch, the smart thing to do was never to reply to their request and make them wait 30 seconds to ask again.  Until this site fixes this bug, this is a sad reality we have to face.

#49 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

i just played with a player called checkmaiden. After he lost his last hope to win with a crash accident of his colonel in my bombs he started the same way to win a lost game(tie request). I IGNORED HIM but the glitch appears again from his first attempt, and 18 points fly away. I have been bored to lose games such away. Please do something to control all these cheaters 

#50 Angelus

Angelus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I've read most of the comments in this thread. The original issue is about the Tie/pause requests. 

As the community has made us aware of this, we implemented a limit of 3 requests. So the maximum amount of request is 3. If someone gets more than 3 requests of each, we'd like to know about it (preferably with some evidence to back it up, at the minimum the exact time of the game and the names of the players). We than can look into this possible bug.  

#51 Kaamelott

Kaamelott

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

The problem is when the guy disconnect and reconnect, the amount of request is back to 3.

#52 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Angelus do also note that the problem just isn't the draw and pause requests but its also he leaves table and makes you wait up to almost 2:30 before he returns and makes you wait again after he leaves table and the timer restarts again.  As I suggested in a earlier post, no more than two disconnects per game, leave table the third time....game over! 

#53 Angelus

Angelus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

I will test if the request counter is reset after a disconnect, but I doubt it. 

@Midnightguy, I understand the annoyance, I really do, but we also have to take the people with bad connections into account. If I restart my browser it simply takes 1 minute to get back to the game, that is something that happens to people and we also have to take those cases into account.

I don't know precisely how much of this was discussed with M-D, but I don't think there is much else we can do about it...

I can penalize him maybe, but I feel if I do that it should be based on something more than 'bending the rules to be annoying'. I mean... everything he does is within the current rules. 

#54 Angelus

Angelus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Angelus do also note that the problem just isn't the draw and pause requests but its also he leaves table and makes you wait up to almost 2:30 before he returns and makes you wait again after he leaves table and the timer restarts again.  As I suggested in a earlier post, no more than two disconnects per game, leave table the third time....game over! 

I didn't see the timer restart, it just counts down.

#55 obeythemaster

obeythemaster

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Angelus why havent u banned KINGZIG? and block his IP

• xa1337 likes this

#56 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Edit - I rewatched the video Xa1337 posted and seen now that the timer for being going DOES NOT reset no matter how many times you leave the match.  Therefore Angelus, just fix that a player doesn't get additional draw/pause requests every time someone leaves and you have this flaw to the game fixed!

#57 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

Angelus:

It is awesome to have you participate in this thread.  I was starting to think that the site had been left for dead by the devs.

So, the question posed by obeythemaster above still stands:

Angelus why havent u banned KINGZIG? and block his IP

Is there some lack of evidence?  Is the testimonial of numerous accomplished players not ample enough evidence to take disciplinary action?  Be a hero, Angelus!  Yank this guy's ability to sign in/play and publicize the action!

• Midnightguy, vegas and obeythemaster like this

#58 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

I have filed a formal complaint to the staff here and asked that Kingzig's rating be reset. 

#59 Manning2Cruz

Manning2Cruz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

I had his flag one move away.... he kept doing pause/draw and disconnecting... then he comes back does it again.... all of a sudden my screen goes to the log in screen... i log in and it gave me loss??

Seriously this needs to be fixed I just lost 15 points for no reason and had a win... he won because he kept making offers this is complete BS... I want this reset is there anyone I can contact?

#60 obeythemaster

obeythemaster

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

haha! unbelievable they erased my post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users