Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Kingzig lottoed his last high piece and was down 1 3 4 4 5 and immediately started requesting breaks.  After the third request, the game disappeared and I took a loss of 14 points.

Kick this guy off, block his IP address, and get some control over the site!  Who are you administrators???  What a failure!

• Midnightguy likes this

#22 Manning2Cruz

Manning2Cruz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

also i think this site makes money off everyone playing even those who dont pay fees.

#23 Lt. Jones

Lt. Jones

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

here...i got a link for you. after you read it...tell me why the dip$h!t crybaby is still here?

http://forum.strateg...ing-sorry-guys/

lol...talk about childish behavior. "WAAA  WAAAA...im going to leaving unless the admins bring me some cookies and milk and stop these cheaters from picking on me...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" [wipes snot onto sleeve]

Mate, for your own sake. Get a doctor or a shrink, something is really wrong with you. 

#24 PsychoPatty

PsychoPatty

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

@patty

most internet site's staff/admins/mods are just volunteers that seek authority / meaning in their lives. the ones that have been missing lately probably dont have much of an obligation to be present. most internet admins/mods can be very annoying as far as their "god complexes" so far i havnt seen too much of that here. but im sure if people like midnightguy had the "job"...i wouldnt even bother speaking or playing for that matter.

i just looked up the price for the stratego app...it is $5 which i could see some people buying but not nearly enough to make this a successful business with a caring staff to solve every paying customers problems / wishes.

same goes for the battlecoins...how many people are rich / dumb enough to blow their money on those? well...there are a lot of dumb sh!t$ out there....

yes, this site wouldnt exist without us / large numbers of participates...but soon enough the few that actually make money from the battle coin / app purchases will get greedy....especially if they are constantly getting email complaints/suggestions...soon enough they will expect more for troubleshooting the cheaters and disconnections due to some phone app with a bad signal...

1%-20%...i dont know for sure...but i doubt its much right now or ever will be (pure stratego really aint all that)...and it probably wont be long before they do try to squeeze a few dimes out of us all. and when that happens...most wont stick around and you will be left waiting for a game.

Keezing Games is company..

This KG is hired by Jumbo to make this site/app, so others wouldn't get away with an idea like that and make money of Stratego which pattent/copyrights is in hands of Jumbo ( i think). No matter if people buy the app or not, they will get paid anyways..

Don't ask me about the contracts signed, as I do not know shii about what was in it.

This staff/mods ain't volunteers.. They are actually employees of KG..

I've paid 9 Euro to get battlecoins, which is nothing.. For the average poor guy in the Netherlands it's like 1 hour work.

I still got 1k coins left and already enjoying the "physical improvements" for over a few months.

Ofcourse they will drain money sooner or later, how do they say...

Something as, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch..

But that will take a few years if ya ask me, as the site/app is far from completed at the moment

Untitled-1.jpg

When I say sucker, I mean Good Game, Sucker!

#25 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

They can make money with ads. After every 10 minutes of the match do you get to see another Jumbo game for 10 seconds  :o . 

Within a week everyone has left this site  :lol:.

I know, off topic..... :wacko:. Sorry....but we have to laugh a bit, don't we?

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#26 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

They can make money with ads. After every 10 minutes of the match do you get to see another Jumbo game for 10 seconds 

yeah, i dont know if its them...but i have been getting a lot of pop-up virus type ads the past couple months...a couple i remember: some tank game and another that shows a wizard...anybodyelse getting those too? ill be sure to see if they are keezing games next time.

Keezing Games is company..

This KG is hired by Jumbo to make this site/app, so others wouldn't get away with an idea like that and make money of Stratego which pattent/copyrights is in hands of Jumbo ( i think). No matter if people buy the app or not, they will get paid anyways..

Don't ask me about the contracts signed, as I do not know shii about what was in it.

thats beside the point...of course the developers/programmers/servers are going to get paid for the work they did regardless...what im saying is in order to have a staff that actually cares about making a difference, they will have to be getting paid too.... after the big dogs take their cut of the very small small pie.

This staff/mods ain't volunteers.. They are actually employees of KG..

lol...maybe part part part part time....i wish i could go to work one day a month

I've paid 9 Euro to get battlecoins, which is nothing.. For the average poor guy in the Netherlands it's like 1 hour work.

I still got 1k coins left and already enjoying the "physical improvements" for over a few months.

sucker...thanks to you and however else bought some...they will think that stuff is worth selling.

Ofcourse they will drain money sooner or later, how do they say...

Something as, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch..

the internet is full of free lunches

But that will take a few years if ya ask me, as the site/app is far from completed at the moment

i think thats the plan...give us the drugs for free until they think enough people are hooked. they'll think anybody that buys battlecoins will probably pay for a year subscription. 

ive seen other free sites do this...when it happens, i simply move on to something new/free.

the biggest concern they should have is population...the less people, the more the site will suck. if they are smart, they will get paid mainly through advertisements and not try to bleed us.

Hmm....i wonder where that marshal went

#27 obkdk

obkdk

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Same, same.

Got lucky against Kingzig, and he was virtually doomed.

First he asked for a 1-minute break, which I oblieged, but he took the full five. Then a barrage of break-requests and tie suggestions.

(Also, he obviously played for med to misclick, but thats a part of the game, IMHO.)

When it looked really bleak, he disconnected, and returned with 9 seconds on the clock. Maybe he hoped I would leave the PC or something like that?

Rather annoying, but such things motivate me, so I wore him down, but it was a waste of both his and my time.

Ole

#28 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I plan to adopt a new strategy.  I hate to do this, but since the site is now totally unregulated (see post regarding how long it has been since an admin was logged on), and because I am tired of being victimized, I believe that there is only one way to end this cheating by certain players: vigilante justice.  I have never cheated in my life in any game, so this is a new concept for me.  And, it may take me a little while to perfect.  But, when I am matched up against certain players, I plan to IMMEDIATELY start barraging them with pause requests.  I hope others will join me in this effort.  Once players like Kingzig and Kabal/Trickz cannot get a game, they will likely leave the site and leave us respectable players alone.

So, the list starts with:

Kabal/Trickz

Kingzig

Please feel free to add others.  Of course, please note that I would NEVER do anything like this to a player who had not repeatedly demonstrated an inability to adhere to the concept of fair play, as determined by a consensus of respected players.

For a fuller discussion of the ethical principles underpinning vigilantism, see Wikipedia or the section inserted below:

vigilante (pron.: /ˌvɪɪˈlænti//ˌvɪɪˈlænt/Spanish: [bixiˈlante]Portuguese: [viʒiˈlɐ̃t(ɨ)][viʒiˈlɐ̃tʃi]) is an individual or group who undertakes law enforcement without legal authority or illegal authority.

"Vigilante justice" is rationalized by the idea that adequate legal mechanisms for criminal punishment are either nonexistent or insufficient. Vigilantes typically see government as ineffective in enforcing the law; and such individuals often presume to justify their actions as fulfillment of the wishes of "the community".

Vigilantism in literature, folklore and legend is connected to the fundamental issues of dissatisfied morality, injustice, the failures of authority and the ethical adequacy of legitimate governance.

#29 kingzig2

kingzig2

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hey Wonky, hows that vigilante campaign going?

• SuperDrew2k likes this

#30 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Still learning how to cheat kingzig.  You have mastered it.  I am a complete noob.  Once I understand, though, I will waste as much of your time as you have mine.

My goal is to ruin your experience on this site.

#31 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

is "cheaters & trolls" really the best way to describe those that dont play the way you like?

its obvious people like kingzig and trickz have horrible lives....misery loves company...dont be a victim too. just forfeit the game immediately knowing you arent the only person that has had a loss because of the same reason. your stratego record / rank isnt the most important thing in life (i hope for your sake) so just let it go...but if you want to be a b!tch about it...email the staff, cry about the loss on your record...maybe they will scratch it off and take note off the reported troll. but look at it this way...everyone of us will eventually play/beat one of these prickz....so if you come across one, dont play their game...forfeit, let them have their meaniless victory if it means so much....knowing you wont be the only person with a loss due to a poor sport/disconnection /etc.

you crybabies got chasing turned into a stratego law and now the game isnt as good as it should be...but are you aware that if one of these "cheaters" really wants to mess with you...all they have to do is take advantage of the delayed timer?...imagine them taking 13 seconds for every single move making you play for over 2hrs. what will you do when that happens? cry that there should be no delay/bonus timer?

the world is full a azzholes...deal with it, accept it...and just be happy that world didnt make you one yet.

ps...kingzig...i thought that was funny...but youre still a loser punk azz b!tch...and now everyone knows it

#32 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Drew:

None of the remedies you mention work if there is no staff to complain to.  None of them have logged on in weeks.  So far, I am 1-1 with the vigilante method. The best thing about it is how mad it made Kabal.  There's a lot more where that came from.....

#33 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

if youre not happy with the staff/site...ask for a refund

#34 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

You miss the point.  It's a few deviant people who ruin the site, not the site itself.

#35 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

You miss the point.  It's a few deviant people who ruin the site, not the site itself.

no..i think it is you that is missing the point(s). 

the site isnt ruined. thats like saying driving on roads is unacceptable due to a small number of drunk drivers / traffic violators.

everything has its share of bad apples 

#36 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

Ill bet you are a super accomplished person in real life, Drew. Just kidding, of course.

#37 Manning2Cruz

Manning2Cruz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Just played KingZig for the First time:

Was up 2 colo's and a Marshall within about 3 minutes... I got the disconnect, draw request, break treatment and i dont get it, game was over from the start.

I feel like his tactics to win have nothing to do with Stratego and all to do with opponents being impatient with his BS...

Is there a way to block games versus players?

• SeekingToLose likes this

#38 HmmNess

HmmNess

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Seems like since i stepped down you guys have really taken it up a notch on the forums with the fighting.  Looks like these forums are not making the game much better imo, just a battle ground. 

Who is the MOD for these forums now a days?

HmmNess

• vegas likes this
Posted Image

#39 SuperDrew2k

SuperDrew2k

Miner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Seems like since i stepped down you guys have really taken it up a notch on the forums with the fighting.  Looks like these forums are not making the game much better imo, just a battle ground. 

Who is the MOD for these forums now a days?

HmmNess

i agree hmmness...where the hell are the mods? this place is getting out of control...im surprised the readers havnt been subjected to any forms of nudity yet. 

lets pray that this great game is not effected by all the violence and blood being spilled throughout the forum.

hmmness...please step up and save us all!

#40 Wonky

Wonky

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'll say, HmmNess!  A competitive site that is wide open to cheating and no one minding the shop...recipe for failure of a business model.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users