--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

• Round 3 the two remaining teams will split into duos and play each other. (half of winning team A vs winning team B, and the latter half of winning team A vs winning team B ).

Does 1 and 2 split and play 3 and 4? Could you elaborate on this please?

#22 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,387 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

To add to this question, this rule does not seem to agree with the plan shown here,  http://imgur.com/nIMS1SG , which shows that Round 3 will be half of team A against the other half of team A and half of B vs. half of B.  This is where most of the "backstabbing" takes place, as opposed to just in the final game.

#23 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

To add to this question, this rule does not seem to agree with the plan shown here,  http://imgur.com/nIMS1SG , which shows that Round 3 will be half of team A against the other half of team A and half of B vs. half of B.  This is where most of the "backstabbing" takes place, as opposed to just in the final game.

Yes that is correct. I have amended the rules so it is more clear. 

In round 3, the two winning teams will split into duos and play the other half of their own team. This will find out the two strongest players in that duo who will meet with the strongest half of the other team in Round 4. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#24 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

Jar jar binks informed me this morning that he is not allowed to play (I guess he was a little kid)

We have found a replacement and will post in the signup thread soon

• Henry domerkant likes this

Highest rating : 838 (Platinum Major)

#25 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

Okay, that is fine. Please post your complete signup including team name, and the order of your players in the official signups topic when done. :)

#26 MTinsley

MTinsley

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

I am interesting in joining a team if there is room for me.

#27 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

Is there anyone that has interest in joining a team but does not desire to go and form one or find one? If so message me personally or voice your interest in this thread. There is a  potential team that I would like to help see them come to completion and participate in this event. 

• sevenseas and Master Mind like this

#28 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

There's a spare player indeed, I have PM'd you about it :)!

Lo

#29 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

The end date of round 1 was unclear. The TC did not specify whether it ended on 10/23 or 10/30. Therefore, given the informal nature of this tournament, I would appreciate it if both of my teammates were afforded the opportunity to make up their round 1 games this week.

I assumed we had until the 30th to play the game because the match arrangements were not sent out until Wednesday.

3 - 0

#30 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

• You will receive a private message (PM) for each match you have to play. As part of this tournament, you will be expected to play 1 game per week.

It says in the rules it is 1 game per week. I felt the end date was very clear. If you were unsure why didn't you ask here sooner? Week 1 was shorter yes, to not delay the schedule. But only by one day so it ran from Tue-Sun instead of Mon-Sun. 

Neither texaspete09 nor constrictor provided any availability and thus the game had to be arranged by default for Sunday 15GMT. 

I will discuss this with TC. 

#31 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

We were given 5 days and not 1 week to play the game. It was not obvious when the deadline was.

3 - 0

#32 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,072 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:59 AM

While I can't judge in cases that involve myself, I can speak generally for the clarity of the rules - namely it's crystal.

1 week is specifically mentioned for each game - there is no mention of 2 weeks anywhere in the rules. Additionally, if on a Tuesday for example you state that the default game is to be played on Sunday, then unless you specifically mention 'next week' the common usage of our language is by inplication 'this week'.

Even if you were arguing that there were only 5 days in which to arrange the game, as opposed to 7, then there is still no reason to come to the conclusion that the default time referred to a later week.

As a player I am willing to replay my match.

The view however that the rules are unclear is not a viable one in my opinion.

#33 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

1 week is specifically mentioned for each game - there is no mention of 2 weeks anywhere in the rules. Additionally, if on a Tuesday for example you state that the default game is to be played on Sunday, then unless you specifically mention 'next week' the common usage of our language is by inplication 'this week'.

Even if you were arguing that there were only 5 days in which to arrange the game, as opposed to 7, then there is still no reason to come to the conclusion that the default time referred to a later week.

TheO, that actually makes a lot of since. I guess that would not mean I could be a no-show for three weeks and be able to replay my matches in the name of  "unclarity". I was beginning to believe that because it was unclear, I could just make whichever Sunday deadline I wanted....of course not though, silly me. If it does not mention a Sunday two or three weeks in the future then naturally it would mean the very following Sunday. What was I thinking? Thank you TheO for helping me understand tournament structure. 

You can't blame me though, the tournament is called backstabbers...whatever it takes right? ;)

• sevenseas likes this

#34 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

TC have ultimately decided that no matches from R1 are to be replayed.

We apologise if you thought the rules were ambiguous however we believe there was ample opportunity to voice your concerns and/or ask for an extension if you felt this way. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users