8oo8

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:04 AM

Sorry 8008 I didn't check in today and missed your post yesterday. Now you're on the road. 

Gimme a day and time. Sunday now ?

Yeah it will have to be Sunday any time after noon, I am at my hotel now getting ready for bed and gonna play a game or two.. if by chance you see me in the challenge room tonight send me a friend request in the least

• Bill0nStrateg0 likes this

#142 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:56 AM

Sunday noon Eastern works for me.

#143 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

NJ thank you so much for letting me know. My activities are already cancelled for tonight.

I have a match at 3pm-4pm with someone else Saturday. Look for me online after that. My day is pretty well set, but I may have some flex in between and I am available Sunday 3-7.

Queen:

Thank you for your flexibility. I can do 5:00 pm Eastern today or 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. Please take your pick. 

- N

#144 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Vap0r, Vap0r...I called Vicks this morning and they asked me if I had tried their "Vap0-rub." Well, I really do not know what to think. I like the smell of eucalyptus in the morning, but this is a great disappointment to me...I was looking forward to another @$$ kicking in this tournament, but wait–where are you? Or, quo vadis???

I have been available to you all week...even now on Saturday...and I even sent you a private message at the beginning of the week, but there has been only the chirping or crickets, and radio silence...wait...have I done something offensive? No...wait...that was last month.

Okay.

Bye bye!

–Gwynplaine

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#145 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

how about 3pm sunday? I am online now as well. Don't know for how long?

Edited by queenbee1, 22 October 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#146 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:02 PM

3pm sunday is fine I'm also trying to log in now but it's going very slow. could be my internet.

- N

#147 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:21 AM

8008 I'm lookin right at ya in the zone you wanna go now or tomorrow ?

#148 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:15 AM

A large number of players are in danger of getting strikes this week.  The current count can be seen here:  http://forum.strateg...-count/?p=69498  Keep in mind that if a player reaches three strikes he will be immediately disqualified.  However, any player who has received one or more strikes can get half a strike removed by making-up a game from a previous week.  The NASF Committee should not be expected to try to find players online and play the role of matchmaker.  The success of this tournament depends on players communicating their availability in the Forum so we appreciate your efforts in this regard.  

Also, tomorrow night the current RPI standings will be released.  At the end of the regular season, the conference winners plus next three players with the highest RPI will make the playoffs.  Players not making the playoffs will have the opportunity to compete in a bowl game to finish the tournament, with RPI determining who makes it to which bowl games.  Stay tuned for more details.  

#149 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

8008 im here

Edited by Bill0nStrateg0, 23 October 2016 - 10:12 PM.

#150 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Bill beat 8oo8

LINK REMOVED

#151 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

Oh where, oh where is Vap0r? Oh where can Vap0r be?

I’ve waited all week, without a peep,

and Vap0r’s nowhere to be seen!

Oh, Vap0r, it’s feeling so mean! All week with nothing to glean;

Your silence is hard and I’m ready to cry,

For Astros only asked me to try.

Now Sunday is passing us by, and time is really flying,

I’ve sent you a PM, maybe you’ve got BM,

Get off the pot and start trying!

–Gwynplaine

#152 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

Dear Committee,

I am on the road, as they say. I am traveling on business and it is now very late where I am. I have waited ALL week to hear from Vap0r, but not a single reply to my daily messages, not a reply to the PM I sent to Vap0r at the very start of this week, not a single communication. I am going to bed to go to sleep. It is one hour before the 8 P.M. (EST) default, but much later where I am right now. With all due respect...I refuse to wait another minute for Vap0r to show up. I have been more than generous with MY time in attempting to schedule a match. I have been flexible, I have been proactive, I have played by the rules, and I have even tried to be encouraging–but to no avail. If the committee wishes to afford me a strike for not being on hand at the default time, I will politely refuse to accept it by virtue of this fact: I have made every effort to communicate and to initiate a match, but with zero reply. If Vap0r does show up at the appointed hour, and I am not there, why should Vap0r be rewarded a victory when ALL this past week, there has been nothing but radio silence?!

NO! I have had more than enough of this irresponsible behavior. Why would an individual enter a tournament, accept the rules and conditions of the tournament, only to then shirk their responsibilities? Not only have I been inconvenienced, but the entire tournament committee and its willing participants have been inconvenienced as well. It is a poor decision for such a participant to make, to not fulfill their obligations, and it is a selfish and irresponsible platform upon which to act–my time, as well as the time of every other responsible participant, is far too important to waste on non-communicators.

I applaud the efforts of the committee and I especially respect and applaud all of he participants who have demonstrated their integrity throughout these preceding weeks of play. I do NOT withdraw from this tournament, I will not accept a strike (with all due respect), and I look forward to the upcoming challenges which all of us face.

Thank you.

–Gwynplaine

#153 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:18 AM

Hi Gwynplaine,

You need not worry, or wait around.   If you thought the committee might give you a strike this week (even if Vap0r were to show up later)  then you underestimate our sense of fairness.   It is obvious that you made a good effort to schedule this game and Vap0r made none, so he is the only one deserving of a strike here. Moreover, this is strike three for Vap0r so you will not need to make-up this game.  

• Bill0nStrateg0 likes this

#154 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

queenbee defeated njphillips12

3 - 0

#155 General Rascal

General Rascal

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:14 AM

Could someone provide a link to the latest match ups? I cannot find who I am matched up with. I think it is jiujitsu. I promise to provide my weekly availability. It has been a bust few weeks and I bit off more than I can chew. I apologize for the lack of info. Also, is this the board to communicate with my next opponent?

#156 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:51 AM

You can find that here:  http://forum.strateg...sults/?p=103553

We're moving back to the other threads to schedule the remaining conference games.  Players may continue to use this topic only for scheduling a results of non-conference games that were not completed in Weeks 5 to 7.

The games that are to be scheduled in this thread are listed below.  The priority is your Week 8 opponent so these games don't need to be done this week, but sooner is better than later.  

--Wogomite-- vs. constrictor

The Prof vs. constrictor

Sgt. Blkdog vs. robmatthews15

njphillips vs. MTinsley

#157 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

Hi Gwynplaine,

You need not worry, or wait around.   If you thought the committee might give you a strike this week (even if Vap0r were to show up later)  then you underestimate our sense of fairness.   It is obvious that you made a good effort to schedule this game and Vap0r made none, so he is the only one deserving of a strike here. Moreover, this is strike three for Vap0r so you will not need to make-up this game.  

Dear Prof.,

Thank you for the encouraging news and for your candor. As I had explained to Astros, I have great respect for the committee and my intention was to candidly express my dissatisfaction with the status of my scheduled match with Vap0r. Had I not been as direct or passionate, I would not have been true to myself; thus, I never had any doubt of the committee's sense of fairness.

Once again, thank you for the kind reply.

–Gwynplaine

• Sgt. Blkdog and Bill0nStrateg0 like this

#158 8oo8

8oo8

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

Bill i do not appreciate you posting my flag placement

LINK REMOVED

#159 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:17 AM

Bill i do not appreciate you posting my flag placement

Well I'm sure it was not deliberate, and I'm not even sure it's against tournament rules. However, It does raise an interesting question. Should doing so be prohibited if the losing player does not dispute the result?
- N

#160 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:34 AM

I have removed the link.

The winning player should post victory box or hide his opponent's pieces. I will update the rules now.
3 - 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users