Photo

2016 Election: Legal US voters only please! (votes are private)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Poll: 2016 Presidential Election (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Who are you voting for in the 2016 Election?

1. Hillary Clinton (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Donald Trump (12 votes [34.29%])

Percentage of vote: 34.29%

3. Gary Johnson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Jill Stein (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

5. Other (12 votes [34.29%])

Percentage of vote: 34.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

A green economy needs to be the most important item on the agenda in Hillary's first 100 days. 

Well, I agree. If not with Jill she should organize such with Angela, Theresa and IMF-babe Christine. I am absolutely sure Janet will provide.

Oh wait, there was a man still running somewhere too I just heared. Almost forgot about The Donald. But maybe we shouldn't:

CvX7fugW8AAneZ0.jpg

Lo

#42 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

It's really funny. With the new FBI investigations at hand, they're already talking an Impeachment procedure, or stepping down at the spot: http://www.chicagotr...8-column.html.

Will Hillary have time to pack out her suitcases after winning the White House? Or will she be kicked out soon after?

We would have had the First Female President then, allbeit a very short while, and we'll be having Tim Kaine then for the rest of the 4 years. At least there are a couple of good examples of running mates ending up to be good Presidents ;)!

Lo

#43 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

I agree that Tim Kaine could be an effective president.  He doesn't have all the baggage that Hillary has, and is not the object of many years of attacks (some true, but some completely baseless) stirred up against him by right-wing media.  Republicans would be more able to work with him without infuriating base Republican voters as may happen if they compromise with Hillary on anything.  

However, unless the FBI finds evidence of a serious crime then impeachment will not be successful.  The house majority may very well vote to impeach her, but she will not be convicted in the Senate, where it takes two-thirds of all senators to convict.  Hillary has fought so hard to get to this far.  I highly doubt she would consider stepping down at any point.  For Democrats to demand this of her right now would practically hand the election to Trump, as it would validate everything he's been saying about her.

• Gwynplaine likes this

#44 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

But it does seem the FBI found evidence serious enough for impeachment. Why would they first exonerate her, then to mess up the elections entirely a few weeks later by throwing this bomb out? I don't think it are Trumpeteers, high up there in FBI-ranks, doing this. Trump is so far behind that it is a very daring move then. Harry Reid is already going for the FBI's heads. Once the Democrats get control, heads will roll then. So I think they only dropped this bomb for a very good reason.

And I am not the only one. Obama stopped all campaign activities I read on twitter: https://twitter.com/...437677161340928.  Did he learn how bad Clinton really is? I think this is quite an upset. I agree with you Clinton will not give up NOW, which is a good thing for her party. She'll win the presidency, but then will face an Impeachment most likely, and I agree with you too she wouldn't even consider stepping down at any point then either. So it will be another nasty Impeachment procedure.

Quite some unprecedented things happening with the first black President leaving office for the first female President, to become the first (?) jailed President?  :blink:  :rolleyes: 

proxy.jpg?t=HBhqaHR0cHM6Ly90aGVueXBvc3Qu

• Fairway and zuriels like this
Lo

#45 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

Another great blog from the Stonekettle Station.

I agree with him and it saves me the time of writing a long post as to why I will never ever vote for a Republican. IMO the Republicans have missed the point. Americans who choose to vote Republican endorse Republican values and that I cannot accept. They have become akin to the Golden Dawn party of Greece.

If you don't watch The Daily Show you can see it on Comedy Central or youtube. Last night was funny and scary. Be careful what you wish for. The Donald simply represents the worst of the Republican Party. He is the "distilled down to its core version" of the Republicans.

#46 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

why I will never ever vote for a Republican. 

??

Queenbee, really?

Wikileaksgate totally doesn't disturb you?

I grant you 100% The Donald is terror. He has his own email scandal today by the way. But even without his scandals he is someone I would never ever vote for.

But to say you'll never ever vote for any Republican is way off. What if Rand Paul had won the nomination and was running against Clinton? I'd be leaning towards him and actually: the American public too. I trust he would have won by a landslide as the Democrats have such a poor candidate to present. Just see your favorite Republican on the ballot next to Clinton. I don't know who that is for you. But there are a lot fine ones. For me Schwarzenegger would even be the better pick if he was eligible at least ;).

But Queenbee, if your favorite Republican was on the ballot next to Clinton, wouldn't you have chosen him? Or her, like Condoleeza Rice?

Lo

#47 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

I'm 11, but I'm an American, can I vote? I like politics :) (Started "For Americans Only")

I'll cast my vote until I'm told I cannot, then I"ll delete it.

I'm 19 but due to my aspergers my parents have guardianship. So I can't vote. 

But in my mind I'm voting for Trump.

#48 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

But it does seem the FBI found evidence serious enough for impeachment. Why would they first exonerate her, then to mess up the elections entirely a few weeks later by throwing this bomb out? I don't think it are Trumpeteers, high up there in FBI-ranks, doing this. Trump is so far behind that it is a very daring move then. Harry Reid is already going for the FBI's heads. Once the Democrats get control, heads will roll then. So I think they only dropped this bomb for a very good reason.

And I am not the only one. Obama stopped all campaign activities I read on twitter: https://twitter.com/...437677161340928.  Did he learn how bad Clinton really is? I think this is quite an upset. I agree with you Clinton will not give up NOW, which is a good thing for her party. She'll win the presidency, but then will face an Impeachment most likely, and I agree with you too she wouldn't even consider stepping down at any point then either. So it will be another nasty Impeachment procedure.

Quite some unprecedented things happening with the first black President leaving office for the first female President, to become the first (?) jailed President?  :blink:  :rolleyes: 

proxy.jpg?t=HBhqaHR0cHM6Ly90aGVueXBvc3Qu

Lo, I'll tell you why the FBI waited.

The damn Election is rigged. The illuminati and other groups are pulling strings to get trump in. Sadly other groups are rigging it for her to win.

She should be rotting in some off site location

She has comey in her damn clutches.

I have a few theories as why comey doesn't charge her.

1. She's sleeping with him. Which makes sense she's just as much a cheater as bill is.

2. She's bribing or blackmailing him. Possibly both. 

3. She threatened to kill him. And he's scared that she will carry out her threat. not as good but its a theory at least.

She's killed several times. She has no morals.

Neither does bill, the swine. pardon my french .

need proof?

a few links piping hot

https://en.wikipedia...of_Vince_Foster

http://www.freewebs....ty/bdycount.txt

http://www.theforbid...lbackground.htm

look these over. I do not want Bill back in the white house.

I wasn't born when the monica thing happened, but it was bad enough. we don't need a repeat of their criminal behavior.

My nickname is probie. cause I'm still new to life's surprises.

I call myself the probster,

So this is the probster signing off.

#49 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Oh I forgot one link.

https://en.wikipedia...nton_Chronicles

#50 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:08 PM

??

Queenbee, really?

Wikileaksgate totally doesn't disturb you?

I grant you 100% The Donald is terror. He has his own email scandal today by the way. But even without his scandals he is someone I would never ever vote for.

But to say you'll never ever vote for any Republican is way off. What if Rand Paul had won the nomination and was running against Clinton? I'd be leaning towards him and actually: the American public too. I trust he would have won by a landslide as the Democrats have such a poor candidate to present. Just see your favorite Republican on the ballot next to Clinton. I don't know who that is for you. But there are a lot fine ones. For me Schwarzenegger would even be the better pick if he was eligible at least ;).

But Queenbee, if your favorite Republican was on the ballot next to Clinton, wouldn't you have chosen him? Or her, like Condoleeza Rice?

Lo read the article and it explains everything. I cannot get behind the Republican platform. Rand Paul will never be a serious candidate unless he runs as a Libertarian.

The comments below were clipped from Stonekettle Station Blog. Who perfectly fits the Republican demographic.

I cannot vote for a Republican.

Not even one I respect should such appear.

It’s not just Donald Trump. Or Mitt Romney before him. Or John McCain before that. I cannot, will not, vote for the Republican Party platform.

Up above I said I tend towards the traditional conservative values of personal liberty, personal responsibility, limited government, personal enterprise and free markets, balanced budgets, strong military, and self-reliance.  All of that is true and as such there is no part of 2016 Republican Party Platform I can support without question, without violent protest.

Social issues? Tell me why a party who professes a profound belief in personal liberty and individual freedom and inalienable rights should contain within its ideology strictures regarding who you can marry, who you can love, what you can do with your own body, how you define your sexuality, how you define yourself. I will never vote for a Republican so long as they support the idea that government and political parties and religion have the right, nay the duty, to dictate these most personal of freedoms.

I will never support a political party or a candidate who would deny full and unrestricted rights in any way whatsoever to my friends who happen to be gay, or transgendered, or of color, or female, or Muslim, or whatever ridiculous qualifications we use to deny others full citizenship. I will not. And so long as these things remain part of the Republican Party platform, no matter the bullshit justification, they are deal breakers so far as my vote is concerned.

Even if they field a candidate I can enthusiastically admire.

Economics? Thirty years now the Republican Party has embraced the failed policies of Reaganomics. Thirty years we’ve been waiting for the promised largess to trickle down. Thirty years we’ve been fed the idea that the selfish ideology of Ayn Rand will somehow make us, the worthy, rich – even though Rand herself died in lonely poverty dependent on government and the kindness of strangers. Thirty years we’ve given tax breaks to the obscenely wealthy and watched them grow ever more obscenely rich while the Middle Class teeters ever closer to extinction. Thirty years now we’ve watched our jobs head overseas while serial CEOs rake in billions. Invest in America they say, and it’s our money and our homes and our jobs and our retirements and our kids’ college funds they vaporize while they themselves cash out to the tune of millions and then complain about tax dollars going to bail out citizens “who should have known better.”

Known better than to trust another goddamned Republican I guess. And they’re not even ashamed to say it out loud, as Donald Trump himself said when he smugly blamed Hillary Clinton for the loopholes that have allowed him to get away with not paying taxes for the last two decades.  I will not support further tax breaks for the rich on the backs of the middle class and the poor.  I will not vote for another Republican so long as this unworkable economic policy is part of their platform. This alone is enough to lose my vote.

Military matters? Foreign policy? Immigration? I spent most of my life in the uniform of the United States. I’ve seen war and the consequences of war up close. I listened in awe with tears in my eyes when Ronald Reagan stood before the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and demanded in righteous fury, “Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” and I can not, will not, support a political party who intends to wall America off from the world behind mine fields and barbed wire. I can not, will not, support a party who declares its unqualified uncritical allegiance to a foreign power, even one such as Israel, especially for religious reasons.  I can not, will not, support an ideology that condemns peace and diplomacy out of hand and who salivates at the idea of yet another war. This alone would be enough to lose my vote.

There is no part, not one single part, of the Republican platform I can support.

This is not personal liberty or personal responsibility, not when government decides who you can marry, who you can love, or what you do with your own body. Their idea of limited government is limiting the very things government should exist for because if government does not protect the weak from the predatory then what damned good is it? A belief in personal enterprise and free markets does not mean I think capitalism should run amok, unchecked, unregulated, benefitting only the rich and repeatedly raping those without the power to protest. The republicans make a great show of balanced budgets but would find their frugality on the backs of the poor and I will not support a political ideology who thinks tanks and aircraft carriers and war are acceptable ways to spend our money while feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, and healing the sick are not.

In the final analysis I can not, will not, support a party who hates government so much so that they attempt to break it at every turn.

And this is the party that is supposed to hold Donald Trump in check?

That would be laughable if it wasn’t so utterly horrifying.

#51 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Queenbee, the Republican party is all over the place. Teaparty the one time, next more like McCain. Who was smart and had a stupid teaparty candidate as his running mate ;).

People want popular these days. That's why I mentioned Schwarzenegger. If a man like that would win the race 2020, then why would you not vote for him? He will stand for the values you mention too. He will not be hijacked by the teaparty. Not even Trump is. Men like that play their own game. I hope Rand Paul would too. At least his father would have.

The damn Election is rigged. The illuminati and other groups are pulling strings to get trump in. Sadly other groups are rigging it for her to win.

Yes, well, that there is a certain amount of rigging I completely agree with you. You're right Trump is rigging. And Clinton too. They're both bad.

But why the FBI waited seems simple to me. Who's losing votes over that? Clinton. So it are the Trumpeteers rigging here. That's obvious. Normally the government wouldn't be launching this kind of stuff in the last 60 days of the election. Now the FBI does it in the last 7 days. Trump's being bad. 

Well, maybe not even Trump. It seems a desperate move to me. Even Gingrich says Clinton is going to be President, but THEN. Then he'll start an impeachment. So maybe the Republicans are looking past the election. They hate Trump themselves, so they first want to get rid of him. Then they'll start attacking Clinton. She's to be a lame duck President.

Lo

#52 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,267 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:23 PM

The damn Election is rigged. The illuminati and other groups are pulling strings to get trump in. Uh, what? Let's say the illuminati IS real (I definitely doubt so); why would they want Trump? Not saying they want Hillary either, but... what is your basis of facts for this statement?

Sadly other groups are rigging it for her to win. Like CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, NBC, ect, I'm sure you get the point. Due to wikileaks we now know they'll all in bed with her, and that some of them were feeding her their interview questions. Not that this is surprising...

She should be rotting in some off site location --- :D---

She has comey in her damn clutches. He's bought.

1. She's sleeping with him. Which makes sense she's just as much a cheater as bill is.

3. She threatened to kill him. And he's scared that she will carry out her threat. not as good but its a theory at least.

need proof?

a few links piping hot

I wasn't born when the monica thing happened, but it was bad enough. we don't need a repeat of their criminal behavior.

• zuriels likes this
I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#53 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

lol lo.

Everyone makes bad choices. 

I was just kidding, Sam, as you like jokes so much. You were so heated up you started vulgar talk. You can't do that.

And I don't get it either. Why would Clinton be in bed with Comey? Seems like you're saying he is doing her a favor? But Comey is destroying her campaign. The timing couldn't be worse for her. Trump got from -11% in the polls to +2% in some.

Also, the two probably even never met. He isn't in office that long I thought, so he wasn't there when she was Secretary of State nor when her husband was President. And he is a stronghold Republican, so she wouldn't have met him on any of her party's conventions.

And Fairway, we can only get CNN over here. They always have their panels to discuss the election. Why would you say they were pro-Clinton? I have been following this and there are normally sitting 2 Trump supporters and 2 reporters from a newspaper or something. No Democrats to even defend Hillary. I must say that's most of the time, as Trump had been caught in some new scandal. They then give the Trumpeteers a lot of room to speak. If it's an "even", neutral day of the race there are always sitting as much Republican as Democrat analists. Why would all of the Trumpeteers even be still showing up if it's only a big Hillary show?

• The Prof and zuriels like this
Lo

#54 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Because Hillary Rodham Clinton and William Clinton are blackmailers. They weasel through through anything.

Comey is in her clutches.

He knows if he charges her. He'll have heck to pay

Sry for the vulgarity, but Hillary and Trump both make me sick. I'll try to censor as it is a family site.

I'd choose Trump, due to him being the lesser of two evils and in my mind only (idiots).

#55 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

The damn Election is rigged. The illuminati and other groups are pulling strings to get trump in. Uh, what? Let's say the illuminati IS real (I definitely doubt so); why would they want Trump? Not saying they want Hillary either, but... what is your basis of facts for this statement?

Sadly other groups are rigging it for her to win. Like CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, NBC, ect, I'm sure you get the point. Due to wikileaks we now know they'll all in bed with her, and that some of them were feeding her their interview questions. Not that this is surprising...

She should be rotting in some off site location --- :D---

She has comey in her damn clutches. He's bought.

need proof?

a few links piping hot

secret societies are rigging the oval office. like the illuminati and masons. like I said they're both idiots and criminals, among other things. But i'll quit while I'm ahead.

and yes the illuminati is real.

I'll add more later.

#56 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:24 AM

two evils and in my mind only (idiots).

CwDHiAUWcAArbS4.jpg

• zuriels likes this
Lo

#57 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

I'm back.

I'm eating lunch and thinking about how to address the wall. 

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

But seriously, Pink Floyd does not like Jews or other faiths and races.. like trump. maybe they're brothers?  ;)  :P  ;)  :P

but I do believe queen is correct. America can be better. I am not racist. I know I appear to be. But I have all these points to make about the wall and trump. I just get jumbled up.

The citizenship process is a long one. But I think trump actually wants other races in the US. but he wants them here legally.

They might have to post guards along the wall.

probster out for now.

#58 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:04 AM

Cwf5Jt2WIAAplqt.jpg

Lo

#59 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:13 AM

I don't know how "other" can be 44%, but I stopped trying to figure out the electorate and I bet all those votes are not legal us voters. Tomorrow is the end. I hope they lock all these election topics so we don't have to think about them again for 4 years. I wish us all luck in the coming 4 years. No matter what happens it won't affect me. Most of the people on the forum are not Americans and are much younger. They will have to deal with rising healthcare costs, tuitions and offshoring. I want Hillary to win, but even if she does she won't be able to fix the fact that there are more old people than young.

If Trump wins I want to see The Donald fall flat on his face. There will be no wall along Mexico, no tax relief except for the wealthy and he will do everything in his power to cut all social programs to the bone. The only ones spared will be Social Security and Medicare, but the checks will have no COLA and Medicare will continue to cost more for the elderly who can least afford it.

What he will do is raise the qualification age and increase what young people will pay, but they will have to work until they are 70. There will be more violence in the inner cities as minorities pay the price of his candidacy. People of color will suffer the most while the rich inherit the earth and the poor enlist in the military and fight wars to secure fossil fuels and water rights. Forget about climate change reform as he thinks it is a hoax.

#60 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

People must support my dog, Toby.
3 - 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic