Photo

2016 Election: Legal US voters only please! (votes are private)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Poll: 2016 Presidential Election (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Who are you voting for in the 2016 Election?

1. Hillary Clinton (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

2. Donald Trump (11 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

3. Gary Johnson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Jill Stein (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. Other (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

this is a good summary i guess:

http://imgur.com/a/FUye8

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#22 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

Yes it is!

Dirty campaigning is up to another level now The Donald has promised to bring Bill's old girlfriends-to-the-side in the debate tonight. How will he work them in when topics are like the economy, army and infrastructure I wonder?! He must becoming a politician if he manages to bring them up still :huh:  :rolleyes:

Lo

#23 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:28 AM

Yes it is!

Dirty campaigning is up to another level now The Donald has promised to bring Bill's old girlfriends-to-the-side in the debate tonight. How will he work them in when topics are like the economy, army and infrastructure I wonder?! He must becoming a politician if he manages to bring them up still :huh:  :rolleyes:

We shall see how the debate goes...

I hope Trump does much better than the pitiful performance last time. What a pity.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#24 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:58 AM

I have never watched anything as painful as the debate tonight. It was like getting a tooth pulled. I can't fairly judge Donald Trump as I find the man repugnant. He is lucky the banks saw value in the brand of Trump as he was dead broke in the late 90's after blowing nearly a billion on the Taj. Many people paid the price for his extravagant lifestyle.

These are just some of them. Replace businessman with conman and you nail him.

How fitting is it that the Taj will close it doors less than 10 hours after the debate?

On August 3, 2016, it was announced that the Trump Taj Mahal would close after Labor Day.[4] It will close at 5:59 AM on October 10, 2016. I'll bet no one who plans to vote for Trump and considers him a great businessman knows that it is 6 hours away from the end. The man is poison. 

• Master Mind likes this

#25 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

I have never watched anything as painful as the debate tonight.

How can you say that? It was a beautiful love-story!

At least this is the coverage we had in my country: http://www.luckytv.nl/time-of-my-life/

:D  :lol:  :o  B)  :rolleyes:  :wacko:  :ph34r:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Lo

#26 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

I just heard this video was watched 100.000.000 times over the world ;)! Apparantly CNN asked him to make a follow up after the next debate so stay tuned :)!

Lo

#27 Chewtoy

Chewtoy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:34 AM

Hillary will win. 

I contemplated Jill Stein, but at the end of the day, I have to go w/ my gut. 

Trump and his religious bigotry and trickle down economics will only wreck havoc upon our already impoverished nation. 

Of course, everyone knows I loathe religion owing to the fact that I'm AGAINST discrimination of any kind. 

Funny, the Bible warns against judgment (don't judge lest you be judged), yet the religious right proudly spits this in our faces. 

We are merely the universe experiencing itself. Nothing more. 

• queenbee1 likes this

Terror made me cruel. 

#28 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:43 AM

https://thepolicy.us...187c#.kvvc70kbn

Good article on Hillary.

#29 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

Hillary will win. 

I contemplated Jill  

I say, simply vote Jill then. Hillary will win by a landslide anyway. Her only focus right now is to let Donald in the race still. That's how all Democratic political strategists call it now.

Listen, it would be a disaster for Hillary if Donald was replaced by Mike. She could actually still lose then! But most ballots are out so it's getting harder and harder to replace Donald. It still could happen though (him admitting he'll let Mike call the shots or he'll step down Nov 9th or Donald's death, etc.). Hillary is praying every day that Donald lasts. Chances are good because of his enormous ego, but she doesn't want to stretch it. Donald is known for his unpredictability and known for his refusal to lose. And that he will; everybody can see that now with all these hardcore Republicans vowing to vote Hillary over Donald.

Best you can do now is vote Jill. The gap between Hillary and Donald may not be this big and he will get some hopes up. The gap must stay under 10%. With even Utah now walking over to Hillary, there must come a stop on Hillary's run. Hillary wants you to vote Jill, Chewtoy.

CuuRNzlW8AAFlet.jpg

Lo

#30 Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

For sure, Stein is objectively the best candidate but is not going to win. Neither Trump or Clinton are ideal candidates but Clinton is better. Third parties will never get enough votes to challenge the two front runners. 

Trump will lose some votes due to the negative publicity from the recent sexual harassment allegations. From the infographic that Lonello posted, it shows Hillary ahead in all of the major swing states (hopefully) meaning she will beat Trump.

The main problem with Trump is that he is a business man. There will be a conflict of interest between his business needs and the country's needs if he does get elected as POTUS. 

http://edition.cnn.c...ldren-business/

Trump assures voters he will "have his children run his companies" but, of course, that does not solve the problem. And I am too skeptical to believe he will run the country with pure intentions. 

Edited by Conspiracy Theorist, 15 October 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#31 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

The main problem with Trump is that he is a business man. There will be a conflict of interest between his business needs and the country's needs if he does get elected as POTUS.  

Funny you should mention this, Conspiracy. There's a Mod (I won't mention his name) voting Trump for solely 1 reason alone: that he is a businessman. Maybe you are the one to persuade him not to then.

I'll then continue to persuade Chewtoy to do as Clinton told: vote Stein ;).

PS
Not much conspiracies coming from you by the way. 

Lo

#32 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

Trump has gone off the tracks and heading for a cliff. Now he said himself he is off his leash. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver did a great segment on the third party candidates. I haven't looked much into Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, but last night was hilarious. Sure his producers made them look bad, but what do you expect from a comedy show. They make Trump look ridiculous and I cannot imagine voting for this creeton. Yes creeton is in the urban dictionary, but it sounds better than creap.

Third Party Candidates are his theme.

#33 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

OK I just watched it now. I love Jill even more  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:. What sets you off then? I fully agree QE IS a bankster's magical trick!!! The presentator is the one who doesn't understand this trick. Now going into "helicopter money" phase. Good for anything. Including student debt. Manical.

It's funny though they bring in a clip presenting a truther. Mind the other off topic today ;)! Our rock star gave the perfect respons by the way. TheOptician would love this, as she gives room for the conspiracy theorists. 

If the only thing against Jill is you don't like her rap, then I say: vote her into the White House... I'm sure she'll promise not to sing anymore ;)!

As for The Gary, I had long stopped mentioning him as an alternative. Ever since he didn't know what on earth "Aleppo" was. Weeks later, when he clearly could have been fully briefed on foreign policies, he wasn't able to mention 1 single foreign leader. Not even the Canadian prime minister... 

Lo

#34 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:05 PM

Lo my problem was the moral hazard for cancelling student debt. Who do you think holds all that debt? I can clue you in that it is repackaged and sold as securities. 1.3 trillion vanishing into thin air would cause a major financial crisis and the POTUS cannot do that. The president cannot control the Fed as it is not a part of the government. It is a private banking cartel. They just suck are what they do.

#35 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,380 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:54 AM

You don't have to go as far as cancelling all student debt to bring relief.  Limiting debt payments to a percentage of students' after college annual income would seem to keep their debt from being an substantial burden.  But my concern with the progressive approach to this issue is that forgiving student debt does nothing to control the cost of higher education, and if fact could drive it up, as universities could charge more, knowing that the government is going to help pick up the tab.  Does anyone have a better proposal, be it liberal or conservative, that could make college more affordable without requiring the government to increase spending on education?

#36 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:57 AM

Limit the amount of financial aid given to students, proportional to the median annual income of the student's major.
3 - 0

#37 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

This is all besides the point Queenbee was making, which is wrong. And Jill is right.

the POTUS cannot do that. The president cannot control the Fed as it is not a part of the government

Queenbee, the now widely discussed Helicoptermoney-option is the last resort in this financial endgame, already adopted by Japan (amongst which). It says "here is a bucket of money, but PLEASE PLEASE spend it". In Japan the consumer is forced to as it's a coupon which can only be spend for a limited amount of time.

Now wouldn't it be very wise to spend it on education? This at least will make America great again. Instead of buying products that in the end come from China anyway. Which is what QE has done for a big part, although it's all paying after the fact (debt of the 80's through now where the US has much consumed, imported from China, but little exported).

Queenbee, this presentator takes things to the letter as you do. It's the same as with our Draghi over here. They lead their own business, not conflicted by politicans. Right. How do you think the US is still not in default? The Chinese have stopped buying US bonds almost two years ago. They were buying over half of it! The Russians have been dumping the bonds ever since they got sanctioned. Now even Saudi Arabia last week decided to start dumping US bonds which caused big turmoil. Now who's buying it but the US itself? They use the liquidity of previous QE to keep up appearances all is fine and well, and the economy is going up. While it isn't.

The big debate in macro-economy in the world now is how can we get out of this debt-cycle? They say to inflate ourselves out of it. Which gives enormous opportunities to Jill's Green Party. Aside from education, here lays the big opportunity to make the world economy green. By mass investments which do cause massive inflation, but in the end the world will be better off. Never waste a good crisis, Queenbee!!!

As for the pure comment the POTUS can't do anything to the FED, I like to quote a wise man, known as The Donald: "I'll fire this stupid woman, Janet Yellen, as soon as I am in office". At least she won't be jailed. Or won't she...??? :D  :lol:  :P  :P  :P

Lo

#38 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

Cancelling debt is not stimulus it is deflation and the Fed sure doesn't want that. Deflation is the enemy. The Donald cannot fire anyone and he has done irreparable damage to his brand by running for POTUS.

The president appoints the Fed chair (subject to Senate confirmation) but can’t fire him or her. Congress can yell at them to do this or that (indeed, legally the Fed chair must go before Congress at least twice a year, and in practice it’s usually more often than that). But Congress can’t fire them, either.

And unlike most agencies, Congress can’t even mess with the Fed by threatening to withhold funding. Printing money, as it turns out, is a profitable business, so the Fed pays its operating expenses — buildings, salaries, and so on — out of those earnings, and then refunds whatever is left over to Congress. So the Fed helps fund Congress, not the other way around.

The Fed I thought I needed a link to back up this statement above that was clipped from the article.

We have all the stimulus we need in Social Security checks. Old people have to spend it and the IRS doesn't take in near enough in payroll taxes to balance the books. Social Security is bankrupt. I hate to say it, but it is. In 2017 the COLA increase with be .0033. Let those old people eat cake I say. We don't need a QE program again as it is baked into the system.

Green investment? Please. What investment has the government ever done other than give away money? Better to offer tax incentives to those who invest in green energy. Elon Musk could have electric cars mass produced at an affordable price point if Americans would buy them. He has built an infrastructure all over China, Europe and the US and still we won't buy them. Americans have a love affair with their cars and until the oil is gone and the cost of oil goes back to 100/barrel nothing is going to change.

We won't add solar panels to our homes as we move out of them every 5 years and it adds nothing to the resale value. Coal and oil electricity are here to stay until global warming rears it's ugly head and Miami Beach is 10 feet underwater. Sadly much of the Netherlands is below sea level so think of New Orleans and Katrina and you might want to be looking to live elsewhere in about 20-50 years. I don't worry about such things. Neither do the aging populations in Japan, Europe and the US. Plus we vote. We are going to party like it 1999 and the hell with the rest of you (sarcasm). So what if the air is unfit to breathe and the water smells foul. We won't be drinking or breathing. We'll be taking a dirt nap.

Edited by queenbee1, 20 October 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#39 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

the Fed sure doesn't want that. Deflation is the enemy. The Donald cannot fire anyone

Queenbee... so you totally agree with Jill and me?!

This is exactly what she meant with the student loans, and The Green Deal as her other most important topic. It causes massive inflation which is exactly what this world needs as world economy will go down the drain otherwise. Again, we have to inflate ourselves out of the debt crisis. Deflation is the worst enemy.

And ofcourse you're right about Donald... that is exactly what I meant with quoting him. 99% he says is utter nonsense and this is one of these things. He did correct the dinner speech though. He was terrible at that correspondence dinner a few years ago when Barack addressed him. Now he was in the spotlights himself though, he was great giving that speech to Hillary (and vice versa :) ).

Lo

#40 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:54 AM

Lo I don't think I understand Jill's position well enough to say I agree. I am for restructuring student debt and making it the price of an education more reasonable. The states used to fund a large portion of state college costs, but due to budget shortfalls the students now pay about 80%, but I am not sure about those numbers so don't hold me to it and I would imagine each state is different.

A green economy needs to be the most important item on the agenda in Hillary's first 100 days. Maybe Jill could be a cabinet member like Sec of Energy, but I think those positions go to oil and coal experts. America will change when the seas rise and the weather is intolerable. In other words we will do it long past the point of no return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users