hottpott

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:21 AM

I've played two games with DelewareSmith. I believe he is cheating by causing an error in the server.

One time I played him I had won because I killed his miners and he couldn't get my flag. It was his turn and he just didn't make any moves, and tried to wait me out to see if I would get bored and cancel the game, or wait my two minutes in order to receive the victory credit.

The second time I got my miner to the back really quick, I was right next to his flag, and he did it again. He refused to take his turn and allow my victory. While I was waiting the server crashed, lost connection, and then it said that I lost the game.

Please investigate the logs associated with DelewareSmith from just a few minutes ago, and see if you can figure out what he is doing to cheat, and potentially sabotage the server.

#2 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

One thing you may want to check on your end of things is if you connect via computer to the internet to play, or if you are on a hand held device. People who have been connected via WiFi have reported server errors and being kicked out of the site.

If you are on wireless, there is a chance that it may be a problem with your WiFi and internet connection...not the other side. If you are "hard-wired," then there may be some cause to be suspicious. Hopefully, someone with some expert knowledge will chime in some good advice.

Good luck.

Gwynplaine

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#3 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

No expert knowledge is required to state that no player has the capability to force another player to crash. It's not the first time this forum has heard players make suggestions along these lines - every now and then your machine will crash when you are just about to win - that's the unfortunate end to the story. If anyone had this superpower they would be setting ELO records at the top of the rankings. Or more likely, they would be making millions playing online 2 player games (eg backgammon) for money.
  • texaspete09 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users