Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

Hi all,

I am completely new to the website and it looks AMAZING. To tell a little bit about me. I'm almost 45 years old and my father taught me stratego when I was about 10..... so roughly 35 years ago.

Now I found this website and am really looking forward to play stratego on my PC. Unfortunately Bitdefender won't let me. I managed to switch it off and the game started - before I just got the site "Loading Stratego please wait" and it won't go further than that. Just once I managed to get further in a single game. I could choose the map and the pieces layout, place all the 40 pieces on the board.... clicked "ready" but that was it. "Ready" just changed into "not ready" but the game won't start...... I think it is still bitdefender which is avoiding it and it finds many virusses all related to stratego.... can someone clarify this and help me out?

OK, in the meantime I managed to actually play my first two games and yes, I won both. The first game, the computer-medium had no more moving pieces and the second game he surrendered after his general stepped on a bomb :-)

Edited by Henzy, 30 August 2016 - 05:52 AM.

• maxroelofs likes this

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:07 PM

I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly, but maybe somebody will with this bump. You can always contact customercare@stratego.com, though I'm not sure how much assistance they will give.

Another thing you can do is download the wireless app. Whether you have an Android or Apple device, that app will work if the web version on your desktop does not.

Welcome! It's always nice to see older players coming onto the site, though you're just a kid to me still. :)
  • Henzy likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#3 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:35 PM

bitdefender will block the game before you log in

click on "i understand but i still want to allow this page"

if you can't reach the log in page, click "play now" up left as many times as necessary (sometimes took me 4 or 5 shots)

• Henzy likes this

#4 Henzy

Henzy

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

First of all: thank you for answering!!!

Bitdefender is indeed very agressive towards stratego.... I put the site on the whitelist, but it refuses to let me play a game. If I try to login to the game with bitdefender on alert, I get a message "Not connected. Please make sure you're connected to the internet. OK"

The only way around I have found, is disabling virus check for 5 minutes.... then I start a game without problems but if for example reaching the setup-screen takes 6 minutes, I can't load a saved setup.... then I have to disable bitdefender again (for another 5 minutes or so)

I have no apple nor android device, so the app is probably nice, but not for me :-)

Regards,

Henzy

Edited by Henzy, 14 September 2016 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users