Spartian

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

Do we have to screenshot? I don't see any screenshots anywhere on the the site. Or did I not check everywhere.

#42 PuzzledTea

PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

The rules recommend that you take screenshots just in case. Don't think they need to be posted, but they're good to have in case there is a problem. Let's say if a person tried to lie about winning. That'd be dumb of them though... But better safe than sorry, if it turns out you need to post them.

I'm not sure if my question however is appropriate for here but it is about the qa kind of. I know at the moment it's just an annual tournament - but I wonder if there were the possiblity of there being another per year, if the demand was high enough and it went well I mean?

#43 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

We have a tight schedule. I do not think the demand is high enough for 2 QA tournies a year.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#44 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

I think if the demand was high enough and there was a group of people dedicated to doing this I do not see it being a problem but TC has border line to much on their plate as it is. I would like to see a group not currently involved with organizing other events offer to help with this but TC should not be responsible. If a few people did rise to the occasion it would be nice if some sort of quick arena ranking was put into place as part of their responsibility to make it more than just a couple of meaningless tournaments. Great idea PuzzledTea!

#45 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

Maybe "King of the Quick Arena" should be brought back if demand is high for QA tournaments.

#46 Viriatus

Viriatus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

Sevenseas, there was a tournment called "King of Quick Arena" in the past?
Wogomite, this is not a meaningless tournment, it's the great Quick Arena annual championship. :)) Anyway, I dont think that the Stratego Duel World Championship have more participants than this.
  • maxroelofs likes this

#47 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hi Viriatus,

It wasn't a tournament. It was a topic one user started in general discussion to arrange friendly matches in quick arena. The reason this was started is because it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a good game in QA, with the abundance of beginner players.

http://forum.strateg...?hl=quick arena

That topic is inactive now, but it  may be revived by someone if there is interest. Perhaps, I could run it again in General Discussion after this tournament is over. 

#48 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

rules say:

5) What if there are no valid game arrangements?
If both players have provided 3 acceptable timeslots (Rule 3.3) but there is no matching time then the TC would urge both players to continue providing availability until there is a matchup.
If at Friday 23:59 there is no valid arrangement, the game will be AUTOMATICALLY arranged for Sunday at 17:00 GMT.

but what happens if only one player has provided 3 valid time slots by friday 23:59  and the other not? Is the game still automatically arranged for sunday 17:00 gmt even if the player who provided enough time slots has informed TC that he cannot play on the sunday or will the player who did not provide 3 valid time slots neither on the wednesday 23:59 nor on the friday 23:59 get 2 yellow cards and then be disqualified?

• --Wogomite-- likes this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#49 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

Napoleon,

1. If a player can not make the default time, it is the sole responsibility of the player to inform TC of this before Wednesday 23:59 GMT.

If one is not able to make the default time, they can choose to contact TC before wednesday 23:59 to communicate this. I did see your message where you told me you would be travelling on Sunday.

Lonello tentatively said he could play after his WCO game today.  The game isn't arranged officially per 4.1 as Lonello hadn't confirmed the time.  However, he said he will be done between 12GMT and 12:30GMT. I would recommend you login around that time.

If you can not get an arrangement this afternoon, then TC may consider the possibility of a short extension. :)

#50 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

yes I will try to be online around that time but my question was different: the rules say that automatic arrangement for the sunday is when both players have provided 3 valid time slots latest by friday 23:59. What if only one of the players has fullfilled this condition and not the other? Personnally I would not find it fair for the player who did follow the rules to have an automatic arrangement if the other player did not provide at least 3 valid time slots latest on friday 23:59, in particular when the unavailability on the sunday has been communicated in conformance with the rules by the player who did provide enough time slots on time.

Being in China with no clear wifi connection I will also be unavailable for any short term extension for the game.  

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#51 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

What if only one of the players has fullfilled this condition and not the other?   

Only reading this now. You're such a rules-fetisjist, Napoleon. I'll let TC be the judge if not both players fullfilled their duties as I know both did, and I am clearly wanting to play games and not win on default, as seems to be your eternal goal, even in this funtournament. Sigh. Game ON!

Lo

#52 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Napoleon,

Both players did indeed provide adequate timeslots via PM, but there was an unfortunate lack of an arrangement except today. The automatic arrangement rule takes place no matter who provided timeslots:

1. If at Friday 23:59 there is no valid arrangement, the game will be AUTOMATICALLY arranged for Sunday at 17:00 GMT. 

#53 Viriatus

Viriatus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

You forgot to put the last two results on the brackets. Cgl, btw.

#54 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

http://stratournamen...cktourn20162017

QuickTourn draws to a close. Thank you for taking part. I hope you enjoyed participating in this tournament.

#55 PuzzledTea

PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

And thank you for hosting it sevenseas. Sure felt like it finished quickly but that's probably due to how many rounds I was in...

I'll definitely be in for next time, here's hoping it'll be even bigger and better than before.

• Fairway likes this

#56 casperon

casperon

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

Hello everybody,

when is the next quicktourn?

#57 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

Unfortunatelly next year

#58 casperon

casperon

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Why can't it be earlier?

#59 roeczak

roeczak

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

New (unofficial) QA tournament has just began!!!!

Spring QA Tournament - "King of the Quick Arena" -- 

• sevenseas and FGP_ like this

Proud Member of the Stratego Captains Club (the strongest club in Greece by a long margin)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users