sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

For this list I define a multi account cheater as someone who does not disclose their main accounts. Many people play incognito to lotto or scout my setup.

It is correct that some people use aliases but are honest about it. I have no problems when people use aliases legitimately. But I dislike those who are not honest. 

I will write down what I remember of the cheater's setups after the game so you don't have the displeasure of playing these idiots. Note that I'm only going to do this for people who are 100% cheaters 

Maxes - lotto with marshal, went into a bomb and ran down his buffer

oredoyz - clear alias of the first player. Went into the left straight with marshal and lotto'd a captain before exchanging marshals. 

Crusaders A*S*A / HI TRUMP / inexoronable - 100% cheater knew the pieces beforehand

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#2 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Sergeant

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

That Maxes does lotto with his marshal doesn't say he's scouting your setup and has an alias/aliases. Maybe it's his tactic.

Yellowhat is the literally translation of my surname.

#3 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Nonsense. He is 760 elo, yellowhat, and has less than 200 games. No one plays that way legitimately. 

It's a bogus account he/she uses to lotto and scout setups.

...and I had the pleasure of playing another one just now "oredoyz". Again 70% ratio 200 games like the first account.  Charged down the left with his marshal lottoing. Luckily I managed to exchange marshals, and lotto a lot of his pieces with my colonel. He had an obvious setup. 

This oredoyz guy is probably an alias of the first one. The captain he hit with marshal was an unprotected col in the last setup I had. 

#4 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

Cheaters are losers; they are cowards, from the tops of their empty heads all the way down their yellow streaked backs; they have no talent; they are possessed by the empty void we call failure.

Cheaters are dishonest; they are weak; they stand for nothing and their only interest is to sate their pathetic needs at everyone else's expense; they never contribute anything to this world; to call them corrupt would be an insult to all of the truly avaricious and greedy bastards in this world; and, it would also imply that they have some level of skill but, cheaters possess nothing as they are incapable of manifesting anything of value.

Cheaters are parasites; they are worthless; they envy everyone else's successes because they know that they will never achieve anything of even the smallest value; they will never commit themselves to the responsibility of performing an honest day's labor; they will never know a true victory because they are crippled emotionally, they are mental invalids, and ultimately, they are fear-filled eunuchs.

The only thing more disgusting than a cheater, is a bona fide known cheater that denies the truth of their pathetic characterless existence.

–Gwynplaine

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#5 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Sergeant

• 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

Nonsense. He is 760 elo yellowhat and has less than 200 games. No one plays that way legitimately. 

It's a bogus account he/she uses to lotto and scout setups.

Oh ok, in that case he must be a cheater, I agree with you. 

• sevenseas likes this

#6 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Sergeant

• 279 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

And after I saw the setup I'm absolutely sure, no one can survive platinum with such a dumb setup without cheating  :D.

• sevenseas likes this

#7 PuzzledTea

PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

Hope I'm not being too optimistic in hoping that by exposing people who are doing this, it might actually get them to stop with their nonsense.

My thoughts on these cheaters pretty much mirror everyone else's. In a word: scum. I'm hoping your list doesn't have to grow too much longer...

Dunno why they do that though? Better to have failed honourably then to have succeeded by cheating. Good words to live by

#8 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 316 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

I just played one.  Crusaders A*S*A.  Sometimes you're not positive if it's lotto or cheating, sometimes you're 100% positive.  This guy is 100%.  He charged right through the way only someone who had my setup written down possibly could.  Even when he could have easily won then, he went out of his way to show he knew exactly where all my pieces were.

• sevenseas likes this

#9 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

I just played one.  Crusaders A*S*A.  Sometimes you're not positive if it's lotto or cheating, sometimes you're 100% positive.  This guy is 100%. 

Please refer to post #4 of this thread.

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#10 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 748 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:29 AM

I just played one.  Crusaders A*S*A.  

There are many names with the flag of Cyprus , but only one player !

• Aris1970 likes this

#11 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

There are many names with the flag of Cyprus , but only one player !

Played this guy as Hi Trump and inexorable today.

3 - 0

#12 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

Astros you are just as bad - last time we played you knew exactly where to go to find my flag with your general, you moved right across the board to get it. However I made a mental note so when we played again today, I swapped a few pieces around and you did exactly the same thing, only this time you ate bomb and immediately quit. I got news for you Astros - you're never going to get the same setup from me again now I know that you keep notes on setups. You got me once, I got you back today - next time it'll be a totally different setup. Your card has been marked.

#13 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:51 AM

Guys you do know you can deploy more than one setup, yes? I have 3 saved, its not nearly enough (on Gravon you can have dozens!) but its better than nothing, and if I am playing a familiar opponent I swap a few key pieces about. I understand players with dual accounts can be annoying but they must be winning enough games with the other account to get these matchups with you in the first place. I mean Maxes for example, I've played and beaten 3 times recently - but he is winning enough to be a platinum player, so he can't be just scouting setups with that account to use with another one, as he would lose most games, yet he has won more.

Edited by iron_maiden, 27 December 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#14 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:14 AM

Iron Maiden,

Yesterday, you used the a setup you had used against me 3 or 4 times previously. I realized this as the game progressed and took advantage of it.

Today, you had outplayed me and had a lead. I got my general free and was hoping you had a similar setup. You finally changed it and won. I did not disconnect, swear or do anything other than resign at that point. Is your ego that bruised you need to gloat on the forum?

The purpose of this thread is to ascertain who is actively scouting setups using multiple accounts not to determine who lottos. The player I brought up tried to cheat. After defeating HI Trump, I faced inexorables a platinum player with a Cyprus flag who tried to lotto based on my setup the previous game. Hence my suspicion.
  • Gwynplaine likes this
3 - 0

#15 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:32 AM

It's up to others who they believe, but it had been some time since I recalled playing you and you made a bee line for my flag before the game was even a quarter of the way through. As soon as you saw my marshal on the attack, your gen went straight for it. Its not like we had played recently for you to see this. So I can only ascertain you keep notes on people's setups. You claim you don't, who knows. People can make up their own mind. But my warning to them is make sure they change setup against you even if its been a long time between games.

#16 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

Iron maiden,

I recognized your setup based on the position of one of your bombs and your spy. You started raging when I took your spy with my captain. I thought it would be funny to lotto you some more given that I now had an idea of your setup. I was right and I won. I guess my memory is just better than yours.

I am not a cheater. I have not played a ranked game on another account for a couple of months. I know I am not a cheater and do not care what anyone on here thinks. However, if you or anyone else wishes to request an IP check on me and other accounts (or other evidence) I am willing to oblige.
  • Master Mind likes this
3 - 0

#17 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,427 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Iron_maiden, what you are describing is not cheating.  You said that you used the same set-up against the same opponent.  Whatever the details about how he was able to remember it, there is nothing wrong with this.  This situation can be avoided by noting which set-ups you have already used against each opponent, and taking care not to use the same one twice.  To be safe, I operate on the assumption that any repeat opponent has made and studied videos of all our previous encounters.  It is important not to blur the distinction between what you described and the case of an individual who uses an alias to scout a set-up and then plays the same opponent unbeknownst to him.  

#18 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Guys you do know you can deploy more than one setup, yes? I have 3 saved, its not nearly enough (on Gravon you can have dozens!) but its better than nothing, and if I am playing a familiar opponent I swap a few key pieces about. I understand players with dual accounts can be annoying but they must be winning enough games with the other account to get these matchups with you in the first place. I mean Maxes for example, I've played and beaten 3 times recently - but he is winning enough to be a platinum player, so he can't be just scouting setups with that account to use with another one, as he would lose most games, yet he has won more.

iron maiden you've used the same setup against me about 3 times also. I remember it.

You put the flag in the same spot so I know where to lotto

#19 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Thats one of the problems with this site only letting you save 3, so unless I start a list with what setup I used against people, it may happen that you use the same one. But also quite often the flag isn't found, games get decided halfway through before key pieces are even revealed, or how is someone to remember where everything started against every opponent? The obvious way is to take notes. The problem comes when switches are made as Astros found - I just play the game and don't worry about it because it can be costly if you think you know where everything is.

#20 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

comandojim is also an alias

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users