sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

It wasn't intended to be passive aggressive. You act surprised when people remember your style of play. I do not take notes, but I remember key parts of my opponent's setup and their style. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#42 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

So hang on, this thread is to highlight cheaters who use 2+ accounts to learn setups - then when I do just that, its me who apparently doesn't refresh my setups enough? I even said about one of them that I'd never seen the user name before, so its not like I went into the game having played him and should have thought to change setup. The other one didn't exactly seem to know my setup, but what are the chances of 2 different players called Marshal 2003 and Marshal 2004, both with really high ratings? and he was an arrogant s**t anyway, I should have got an image of his chat and put it in abusive players but I didn't bother. And after that astros decided he needed to pipe up. So you tell me what this thread is for as it seems to be just an excuse to have a go at me.

#43 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Allow me to contribute some cheaters. All of these players have been reported in the Greek section (some of them by me):

oredoyz

maxes

giorrba
agek

terminator_

Ostria

tzivitzilou

afroxilanth

ADARTES

4EVERPANATHA

JOHN VANDOROS

STRIKE5

GEORGE_S* 

KOURANDO*

God Apollo*

DIMITRISP26*

NATALIA_B 

LUCKYTIGER

TATYRTASOS123   

Damastis

_robin hood

GIAGOULAS

AVRMAK

I have encountered the italicized players. I am not sure what the asterisks denote, perhaps don mistos can clarify.

• sevenseas and texaspete09 like this
3 - 0

#44 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

Thats one of the problems with this site only letting you save 3, so unless I start a list with what setup I used against people, it may happen that you use the same one. But also quite often the flag isn't found, games get decided halfway through before key pieces are even revealed, or how is someone to remember where everything started against every opponent? The obvious way is to take notes. The problem comes when switches are made as Astros found - I just play the game and don't worry about it because it can be costly if you think you know where everything is.

Pony up some cash and save more setups. Is that too much to ask? Either that or you have 6 minutes to change your set up. I can do a setup from scratch in 2 minutes. I believe Astros to be an honest player. He is just aggressive in his style of play.

Sorry Josh I don't know any multiple account cheaters.

Edited by queenbee1, 07 January 2017 - 01:05 AM.

• sevenseas and Master Mind like this

#45 TalonsHand

TalonsHand

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

I find this whole thread interesting.   I just spent a game defending myself to someone  after being accused of cheating.

Not like I have a second account or some grand spread sheet with peoples play style.   Is General Hawk and admin.   If so he needs to lose more graciously.  

First of all , you are all way to concerned with your scores and not concerned enough about having fun.   If you run one setup or three shame on you.  How boring.   I am constantly trying different things.   Sometimes my bombs go up front and I try to be aggressive other times my bombs go on the last row and I try to be probing and withdrawn.   I know when I put my stuff to far back I am leaving myself open to some one Lotto'ing.  There is a balance to the game , What I have noticed is good players recognize what is happening and counter before it's to late .    I  have seen times where people lock down the middle and scream down both sides and others where they lock the sides and come down the center.  I have counter some games by pushing down a weak side and raping the players back side because they put all there bombs up front.   If you play the same way over and over again, with as many games as I play I will remember you.   

Try playing three or 4 games against the same player.   Forces you to look for other techniques.  Some times you have to take an educated risk.   Otherwise you get paralyzed into moving .   

#46 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

Allow me to contribute some cheaters. All of these players have been reported in the Greek section (some of them by me):

oredoyz

maxes

giorrba
agek

terminator_

Ostria

tzivitzilou

afroxilanth

ADARTES

4EVERPANATHA

JOHN VANDOROS

STRIKE5

GEORGE_S* 

KOURANDO*

God Apollo*

DIMITRISP26*

NATALIA_B 

LUCKYTIGER

TATYRTASOS123   

Damastis

_robin hood

GIAGOULAS

AVRMAK

I have encountered the italicized players. I am not sure what the asterisks denote, perhaps don mistos can clarify.

This is a constantly growing list of Greek aliases that i have made based on my experience after playing with them. The asterisks denote that these players is likely not to be aliases (as i have explained on the Greek topic from where astros retrieved the list). My suggestion is that if you like such an endeavor try to implement it to your local stratego communities. I am sure you have aliases problems too (astros did you erase yours?).

#47 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

For this list I define a multi account cheater as someone who does not disclose their main accounts. Many people play incognito to lotto or scout my setup.

It is correct that some people use aliases but are honest about it. I have no problems when people use aliases legitimately. But I dislike those who are not honest. 

I could disagree more.  A player with multiple accounts is a cheater. Having aliases is forbidden by this sites rules... How can one honestly use his alias and if he wants to be honest why create them????? Don't recite the usual explanation with disconnections please. A good players can come up with a few drawbacks.

• Master Mind likes this

#48 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

I am sure you have aliases problems too (astros did you erase yours?).

Following my request, customer care deleted all of my secondary accounts two weeks ago.

• don mitsos and Master Mind like this
3 - 0

#49 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

Pony up some cash and save more setups. Is that too much to ask? Either that or you have 6 minutes to change your set up. I can do a setup from scratch in 2 minutes. I believe Astros to be an honest player. He is just aggressive in his style of play.

Sorry Josh I don't know any multiple account cheaters.

First off Iron_Maiden the buying of battle coins doesn't work and I doubt they will ever fix it. You can create a set up and using the snipping tool save it to your desktop and set it up during the 6 minutes given and it save you money. CS are either clueless or powerless to fix this.

I could disagree more.  A player with multiple accounts is a cheater. Having aliases is forbidden by this sites rules... How can one honestly use his alias and if he wants to be honest why create them????? Don't recite the usual explanation with disconnections please. A good players can come up with a few drawbacks.

I use them when I lack confidence and to try out new setups. If you don't like it well I am sorry, but it is not cheating. I shouldn't have to practice on my main account. I also take lessons and I shouldn't use my main account when I am being tutored. I always tell my opponents and everyone knows I am QueenofHearts, Clubs, Spades and Diamonds, but two are inactive.

#50 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

I use them when I lack confidence and to try out new setups. If you don't like it well I am sorry, but it is not cheating. I shouldn't have to practice on my main account. I also take lessons and I shouldn't use my main account when I am being tutored. I always tell my opponents and everyone knows I am QueenofHearts, Clubs, Spades and Diamonds, but two are inactive.

I don't really care why you use them. The fact is that this practice is forbidden and you are acting against the rules. So common sense dictates that players (like you) who use multiple accounts cheat. Like it or not that is the truth. Astros made a good example and deleted his aliases, will you follow?

#51 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

I use them when I lack confidence and to try out new setups. I shouldn't have to practice on my main account. I always tell my opponents...

I don't really care why you use them...players (like you) who use multiple accounts cheat. Like it or not that is the truth.

This language is incredibly hard and judgmental, and it is not 100% accurate. In QueenBee1's case, she is definitely NOT cheating and that is the truth. By definition, cheating (a verb) is, to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination. As she declares who she is and hides nothing from her opponents, she has divested herself of the opportunity to gain an advantage over her opponent, thus, she cannot be accused of cheating. If you mean to say that she is acting against site rules as described and published on this site, that could possibly be considered a more accurate statement.

–Gwynplaine

P.S. After carefully reading the Terms & Conditions for creating an account on this website (just now), there is absolutely no mention of any restriction for opening a secondary account. "You are not allowed to transfer or assign your account or relationship with Stratego without the prior written permission of Stratego." That is the closest thing to account restrictions I have read other than abuse clauses and using computer devices to play Stratego. If you can find this information on their currently published T & C, please provide the link–previous T & C have been nullified by Jumbo...so, in effect...

Don Mitsos, you are wrong and that is the truth, like it or not.

Edited by Gwynplaine, 08 January 2017 - 03:24 PM.

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#52 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

I don't really care why you use them. The fact is that this practice is forbidden and you are acting against the rules. So common sense dictates that players (like you) who use multiple accounts cheat. Like it or not that is the truth. Astros made a good example and deleted his aliases, will you follow?

You should care, and you should pick your words more carefully.

You're plain wrong, it's not forbidden, it doesn't state that anywhere. 

Using mulltiple accounts is not against the rules, it is only against the rules if you keep them a secret, or if you join a tournament with more than one account. I have more than 1 account and you can find the names of those on the forum. Nortrom, Hielko, Sevenseas, Napoleon 1er, Sohal, and basically every single top player on this site has more than one account. 

So yes, you should care.

Max

• Aris1970 and Gwynplaine like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#53 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

"3.2 No unfair practices. You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage."

Yes, it is forbidden to have multiple accounts, however this rule has never been enforced to delete them. I know that queenbee does not cheat by scouting setups. However, it is a tad hypocritical to possess secondary accounts for any purpose and then to complain about others scouting setups. This motivated me to delete mine.
  • don mitsos and tobermoryx like this
3 - 0

#54 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

This language is incredibly hard and judgmental, and it is not 100% accurate. In QueenBee1's case, she is definitely NOT cheating and that is the truth. By definition, cheating (a verb) is, to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination. As she declares who she is and hides nothing from her opponents, she has divested herself of the opportunity to gain an advantage over her opponent, thus, she cannot be accused of cheating. If you mean to say that she is acting against site rules as described and published on this site, that could possibly be considered a more accurate statement.

–Gwynplaine

P.S. After carefully reading the Terms & Conditions for creating an account on this website (just now), there is absolutely no mention of any restriction for opening a secondary account. "You are not allowed to transfer or assign your account or relationship with Stratego without the prior written permission of Stratego." That is the closest thing to account restrictions I have read other than abuse clauses and using computer devices to play Stratego. If you can find this information on their currently published T & C, please provide the link–previous T & C have been nullified by Jumbo...so, in effect...

Don Mitsos, you are wrong and that is the truth, like it or not.

Apparently you are the smart one!!!!!! OK let's play it your way

"3. Rules of the game

4.1 General rules. For each Stratego variant Stratego has defined rules that you must obey. Stratego will determine whether you satisfy the conditions.

3.2 No unfair practices. You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage.

3.3. Offensive account names. Users must refrain from registering offensive usernames. Whether a username is offensive will be determined by Stratego. If your username is deemed offensive, Stratego retains the right to close or suspend your account.

3.4 Automated playing. The use of machines, computers, software, scripts or any other mechanical, macro, automated or programmed methods is prohibited.

3.5 Violations. Violation of the rules or any other acts in breach of the General Conditions may result in exclusion from further participation in the Game and in non-payment of obtained Battle Coins."

So according to the rules (you can find them under the terms and conditions section of this site) possession of multiple accounts is considered unfair practice. Now the definition of the verb cheater as you kindly provided states "to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage". As i do not have a second account, all others that possess aliases (which is unfair) gain an advantage over me. Thus they are cheaters.

P.S. You should pay closer attention to what you read because apparently you were not careful enough!!! Your ignorance though can be forgiven because you are relatively new to stratego.com and a quite inexperienced player.

You should care, and you should pick your words more carefully.

You're plain wrong, it's not forbidden, it doesn't state that anywhere. 

Using mulltiple accounts is not against the rules, it is only against the rules if you keep them a secret, or if you join a tournament with more than one account. I have more than 1 account and you can find the names of those on the forum. Nortrom, Hielko, Sevenseas, Napoleon 1er, Sohal, and basically every single top player on this site has more than one account. 

So yes, you should care.

Max

On the other hand Max, you have no excuse. You play here way too many years not to know the rules!!!! You claim that all top players have more than one account, but the fact that they are top players  does not justifies the fact that they are acting against the rules. After all maybe the use of multiple accounts allows them (and you) to be top players!!!!! So next time you are going to express your opinion, think it over because what you write destroys your good reputation!!!!

Edited by don mitsos, 08 January 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#55 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,022 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

I'm afraid you're wrong, maxroelofs. It does state very clearly in the rules that that "several accounts" are forbidden in Article 4.2 of the Terms and Conditions of the site. I quote that below for everyone's convenience.

You can add multiple account prohibition to the list of things they got right with the old web version programming crowd, like the perfectly accurate scout movement rule programming (Article 10.2 ISF Rules), and the super graphics and appearance of everything here. They clearly created a wonderful site that we all hover around now, albeit with a few problems.

Chief among these is clearly the multiple account rule, which has to be one of the most unenforced rules in history. Why the will is lacking to do so by ownership has been discussed ad nauseum. But surely there can be no argument that things would be better if it were enforced?

This all said, from my perspective, currently mid-gold (and certainly from anyone ranked lower), I don't think it matters at all about "setup scouting". My playing skills are not the best and so I have problems far beyond someone knowing where I may have placed my flag, while at higher platinum levels it clearly is more of a concern. It is perfectly easy for one of that ilk to open a new account, quickly get it to high gold or low platinum, and then go fishing for innocent platinum setup victims.

4.2 No unfair practices.

You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage.

• don mitsos likes this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#56 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

Again, if you are using a secondary account to cheat with, then it is unfair. It does not prohibit having a secondary account for practicing. MaxRoelofs is not wrong, nor am I. 4.2 is very clear about its content, that being specifically about cheating.

You cannot be cheating with a secondary account if you identify yourself when using it, furthermore, it states very clearly that unfair practice is considered to be trying to gain an unfair advantage; hence cheating.

Edited by Gwynplaine, 08 January 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#57 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

There are more serious problems to worry about, really.

And if that is true Gary, then how do you justify that moderators have double accounts as well? Don mitsos, stop acting like an idiot, worry about stuff that does really matter. Everybody knows what my accounts are, since I posted them pubically on the forum, I do not gain an unfair advantage with it either, so really, stop complaining :P
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#58 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 673 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

If you want to stop 'scouting set ups' then you have to stop multiple accounts

If you think multiple accounts are fine then no point complaining about what they are used for.

I have played hundreds of games against multi account players and only 2 of them said beforehand that they had other accounts, and even then i know they did not tell me all of them.

In any case i do not want to read in the chat pre game a big list of accounts that these players have for whatever bizarre reason .

• Lonello likes this

#59 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

Apparently you are the smart one!!!!!! OK let's play it your way

First off, stop acting like a jerk and be a gentleman. I would assume that you are a gentleman first, and gentlemen prefer a civil debate. I am all for that notion.

So according to the rules (you can find them under the terms and conditions section of this site) possession of multiple accounts is considered unfair practice. Now the definition of the verb cheater as you kindly provided states "to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage". As i do not have a second account, all others that possess aliases (which is unfair) gain an advantage over me. Thus they are cheaters.

No...practice does not constitute cheating. You choose to practice with one account and that is your choice. If you came upon, for example, Hielco playing under an alias, and then you both played your match and he did not identify himself as Hielco and garnered knowledge about you and your technique, and then played you in a tournament...clearly that would be cheating. If, however, you were both setting up and he wrote you, "Please know that this is my practice account–I am Hielco. May we play?" Clearly, he is not gaining an advantage over you as the knowledge of the game is being acquired openly; furthermore, should you then play him in a tournament soon following, this encounter, you will be able to adjust your setup accordingly. This is NOT cheating.

The rules do not forbid secondary accounts specifically. It specifically puts using secondary accounts for cheating purposes as being unfair.

P.S. You should pay closer attention to what you read because apparently you were not careful enough!!! Your ignorance though can be forgiven because you are relatively new to stratego.com and a quite inexperienced player.

Don Mitsos–your arrogance is showing and it is rather unbecoming. I do not need your forgiveness as I am not nearly as ignorant as you believe me to be. Using any kind of condescending tone with any person is completely inappropriate. The fact of the matter is that you interpret rule 4.2 in one manner, and ultimately, it is not 100% accurate.

Finally, to refer to me as "...a quite inexperienced player," depends on your point of view. Compared with you, I am not a drop in the bucket, but then ask my many fine competitors from the NASF if I am nearly as inexperienced as you believe me to be. Again, your arrogance is showing and it is a rather ugly thing from my point of view.

–Gwynplaine

P.S. It serves no purpose to demonstrate self-righteous indignation. It is far more effective to stick with the facts and be polite. When you made an accusation and a judgment upon a very fine lady, without a proper foundation, you crossed a line and that is why I responded in the manner in which I did. If we may agree to debate with civility and to be friendly with respect, then you may count on me to be one of your ardent supporters.

–G.

#60 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Again, if you are using a secondary account to cheat with, then it is unfair. It does not prohibit having a secondary account for practicing. MaxRoelofs is not wrong, nor am I. 4.2 is very clear about its content, that being specifically about cheating.

You cannot be cheating with a secondary account if you identify yourself when using it, furthermore, it states very clearly that unfair practice is considered to be trying to gain an unfair advantage; hence cheating.

"Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair." The way this is worded implies that any secondary account is unfair. A player may gain an unfair advantage by knowing an opponent's style of play, playing at a significantly lower rank than their main accounts or playing more relaxed because the game does not matter as much. It is the possibility of gaining a non-strategy advantage not the intent to do so that is considered an unfair practice.

I used secondary accounts for over two years so I do not have a moral high ground here. I will not claim using a second account to test setups is equivalent to anonymously gathering information on other player's setups. However, both are forbidden by the T&C.
  • GaryLShelton likes this
3 - 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users