#321 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted A week ago

If half your army is gone then predicting the The Marshal is not so hard , especially if you found say,  a Colonel , next to the piece.

A game i played vs Manning2Cruz he wiped out most of my pieces and then did the exact same thing of bringing his Marshal diagonal to my , unmoved , unknown Marshal . He also brought his Spy in to attack the piece . I got the Spy but my Marshal was trapped all the same.

If you have a big lead then guessing at Marshals and being aggressive with the Spy is quite low risk.

#322 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 313 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted A week ago

It wasn't just that 1 move, it was the entirety of the game.  That just topped it off.  I don't make the accusation lightly, sometimes you're not sure if it's lotto or cheating, but sometimes you can tell.  I wish I had video of it, it would be clear.  After determining the position of some of my front row pieces (which showed him it was the setup he knew), he lottoed through 1/2 my board with his general (carefully avoiding all bombs), then lottoed some more with his marshal on the other side, pinned in my unmoved marshal, protected the other side to create a lane for his spy, then came forward with it.  Either he knew exactly where my pieces were, or he's the luckiest lottoer in the world.

#323 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted A week ago

If you have a big lead then guessing at Marshals and being aggressive with the Spy is quite low risk.

Logical, and I agree with you, but what steelers is describing is the "how they got there in the first place."

It wasn't just that 1 move, it was the entirety of the game.  That just topped it off.  I don't make the accusation lightly,.. Either he knew exactly where my pieces were, or he's the luckiest lottoer in the world.

To be fair, "luck" may have been on your opponent's side, but that goes completely against the routine gameplay of a solid platinum. Strategy is key. Luck may be something you use when you're ahead, but why risk a winning lead on a gamble? It doesn't make sense. Most platinums I've talked with will use lotto when they are falling way behind, and even then they have a good idea of a player's setup, but at the start of a game after scouting six pieces? Doubtful.

#324 spartakus66

spartakus66

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted A week ago

John.K1980

I'm surprised to see this out of someone active on the forum, but there is no doubt.  He charged through my lineup the way only someone that had it written down could, and to prove it wasn't just lotto, after he cleared out half my board and had a huge lead, he pinned in my unmoved marshal with his marshal, then walked up to it with his spy and took it.  He knew exactly where my pieces were, and didn't hide it at all.

I play stratego 40 years, all this is normal . John is the best guy and fantastic player,
John is able to beat you in 10 minutes ;)

#325 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted A week ago

I play stratego 40 years, all this is normal . John is the best guy and fantastic player,
John is able to beat you in 10 minutes ;)

Great! I want to challenge John.K1980 to a match. Will he make an appointment with me, Greece Local time? I will surprise him and give him a strong challenge–it will not be a waste of his time by any means.

I have just thrown down the gauntlet as this is a matter of HONOR. If I lose, I will chronicle the game candidly, I will celebrate his victory, and I will become one of his ardent supporters.

P.S. Please do not offer the weak and coward's reply that, "He has no time for you." Even in ancient Greek times, a honest challenge was regarded as a matter of honor, and if one did NOT accept the challenge, then they proved that they were not as they pretended to be.

Edited by KissMyCookie, A week ago.

• Wogomite likes this

#326 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Though unlikely it is possible. I once took 5 unknown marshals in 5 straight games (3 of 5 were unmoved) against plat col to gen level. However I have played John in the past and he doesn't seem like that kind of player to me, nor a lottoer. Not sure what to make of it...

Edited by Losermaker, A week ago.

#327 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 313 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted A week ago

What's done is done, I don't expect any action to be taken, I have no proof.  I just post this as a warning to others to change their setup against him.  I don't know if it was from an alias, or if was from a previous game I played against him (in which case it's my own fault for not changing my setup), but he definitely knew where my pieces were, it wasn't lotto.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users